1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 R!

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

New announcement from AOU!

Virtua Fighter 5 R!

New character, supposedly using karate as his form (they just said he looks like he uses it)

and...

TAKA-ARASHI!

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Well not really. They said that a character that looks eerily similar to Taka-arashi was seen in the demo videos. 4 new stages confirmed, and possibly some other new stuff later on in a follow up report.

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1213618_1124.html

2. gl0ry

gl0ry Well-Known Member

too cool.

3. katsudon37

katsudon37 Well-Known Member

Wow it's real!!!

And that's one cool looking stage...

I WANNA PLAY KARATE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!

(about time they got a karate dude)

4. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    i wanna see vids...

5. MarkMan

MarkMan Well-Known Member

I love me some Sumos...

6. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    Oh, the new guy looks hot lol. I want to try him out ^_^ *jumps up and down with excitment*

7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Thats the new character? I thought Akira just stole Raidens hairstyle from MGS2.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just found out from Rain (HK-VF.Net admin) that there's a short demo being shown at the Sega booth at AOU 2008.

Maybe some bootlegs will surface soon!?

Watch this space!

9. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

I don't think that's a guy.

10. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    IDK, to me it doesn't really look like Akira, face wise. So i'm just persuming its the new character XP

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The non-square shaped rings with the High fence and Ring Out feature is interesting.

Any takers on what the R stands for? Revolution is probably an obvious guess.

12. Too_Sober

Too_Sober Well-Known Member

What is "Virtua Fighter 5 type R" ?? Is this Evo?

(sorry that I dont know everything)

13. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    There goes my hope for a mid-weight female character.

----

Wait, is that a tank-top?

Retard/Retarded
    Revolting
    RARGH!
    RED!
    Ravenshield!
    RAAAAAAA!
    "R"
    Really?
    RGR

14. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

Wow, that stage looks SEXY! And Goh's sis-... brother? Day -1 (if it ever comes out for consoles anyway).

15. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

agh too bad, I was hoping for a more dynamic fighting style like penjak Silat, capoeira or a Korean style like hapkido, tae kwon do or Kuk sool wan. Before you guys flame me, I'd like to state that its only my opinion.

16. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

My initial thought when I saw it - VF5: Revolution. Or else, it is just SO far advanced, that they skipped straight from Ver. D to Ver. R. =P

I actually agree on the style LA Akira - my first thought was: Karate? What a copout... same with bringing Taka, since they are both styles they probably won't have to invest as much effort in. I wanted some cooler styles (although I never played VF3, so it might be interesting to fight against).

17. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    <span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style='font-family: Impact'>FLAME[/size]</span></span>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style='font-family: Impact'>FLAME[/size]</span></span>

---

Yamaguchi sensei would be proud!

18. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

VF5 Rushhhhhhh

19. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    i agree to the kuk...
    cap can stay out this time aound tho /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

20. Too_Sober

Too_Sober Well-Known Member

following the link on page 1 of the thread, this is what google translated:
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">February 15, 2008 from the opening of the Makuhari Messe in Chiba Prefecture AOU2008 bombshell announcement of the Sega booth!  Virtua Fighter arcade games, the 5 Series and the new R, Virtua Fighter 5 is announced. Operational details such as timing is undisclosed, but the images of the public demonstration. Like karate new characters and the Virtua Fighter 3, appeared in the "hawks storm" bear close resemblance to the figure shown up wrestler. It was a very short footage, but also a new stage could only confirm that the follow-up hope! </div></div>

Can any Japanese speakers make sense of that for a better translation? Why does it mention wrestling and VF3?