1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Beta Tournament

Discussion in 'General' started by akai, Apr 3, 2022.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Posting the above from a conversation started by a new member of the forums.

2. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    When you said you failed, where you able to enter a room and then got kicked out by the game? Or is this something else?

3. Solomon Rayland

Solomon Rayland Well-Known Member

I couldn't tell exactly what the time thing was for the tournament. Is it in Eastern time zone? Is it in military time? What time is it the tournament set at?

4. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The times listed in the game is based on what time your PlayStation is set, which likely should be the same as your local time.

- You need to enter the tournament before the start time. They allow players to enter a tournament 20 minutes before the start times listed in the game.

- Once entered, you and others will likely be cycled in and out of rooms as the game tried to put you in "the best match."

5. Solomon Rayland

Are the times in military time?

6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    24 hour clock, yes. So the first tournament of the weekend is early morning, second one is in the afternoon, and the third tournament late night (pertaining to USA)

7. Solomon Rayland

Thanks for the help! ThatBlastedSalami said in one of his videos that the Virtua Fighter community is one of the nicest on the planet. Boy he was not kidding!

Tricky, akai and Mister like this.
  8. Solomon Rayland

I am trying to enter a Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Beta Tournament and the screen isn't letting me hit the X button to enter the tournament. Can someone please help?
    @akai @MarlyJay

9. Solomon Rayland

|UPDATE|
    I tried to enter a Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Beta Tournament, but I know nothing on how to set up an entry into the tournament. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    When you enter the beta tournament mode from the main menu, before the actual start time of the event, there is a 20 minute window when you can enter the tournament queue. You should see a timer counting down. That is when you enter it. Just by pressing X and let the game handled everything else until the actual start time.

I'm not exactly sure what additional instructions to be given unless the game is messed up for you. Or the beta tournament kicked you out of the queue.

11. Solomon Rayland

Pressing X weirdly didn't work. I tried multiple times.