1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown - New Rankings

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by MadeManG74, Aug 23, 2021.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

With the release of the new title, VFDC now features a new leaderboard and ranking pool separate from Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.

https://virtuafighter.com/rankings/virtua-fighter-5-ultimate-showdown.14/league

New events run on Ultimate Showdown should be submitted here, and we are currently in the process of retrospectively updating tournaments run on US to this league.

Let us know your thoughts and what you think about the new league vs Final Showdown league.

Blessy likes this.
  2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'm wondering if it makes sense to just replace the FS league with US league since the balance is the same. aka, rename the old ranking to fit the new title name instead of making a new one.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I think drawing a line in the sand, so to speak, as we crossed boundary from FS to US has a couple of benefits. While it's still technically the same game, it is on a new platform and available to a new audience, so this "reset" gives an opportunity for new players to make an impact on the rankings much sooner rather than later (i.e. wait for 12 months of results to accumulate).

It would also look a bit strange for a VF5US leaderboard that had events dating back for a number of years, noting that this title is only a couple of months old. So this avoids any potential confusion going forward.

4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'd also argue switching it causes confusion too. It appears like it's a new game/new balance when it's not. It wouldn't look strange for VF5US leaderboards to go back when balance-wise it's the same game. If anything, that makes it even more clear that this is not a rebalanced version and simply a continuation with a new coat of paint.

5. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Sounds like you'd prefer the name to be changed to take both titles into account?
    As we've discussed previously, considering the results roll over every 12 months, this should eventually be sorted out, but worth considering.
    I personally like the new ranking board since it denotes the new title. Even though it's mechanically the same game, it IS a different release, and it just easier to track.

Tricky likes this.