1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter 5 ?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by TruEviL, Oct 11, 2003.

1. TruEviL

TruEviL Member

Hey guys, does any of you know anything about VF5? Is it gonna come out soon or Sega-Am2 is still working on it?

2. Dark_Bandana

Dark_Bandana Well-Known Member

Probably next year

3. Samson

Samson Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dark_Bandana said:

Probably next year

[/ QUOTE ]

thats easy to say when there are only 2 months left of this year. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Horsepool

Horsepool Well-Known Member

5 eh?
    that should be quite awsome :p
    i just hope they allow you to load characters from multiple memory cards...

5. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

It's coming out July 18th 2004.

Why? Coz Stonecold said so!

6. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Don't expect it for a few years at LEAST.

Sega-AM2 has some of the longest (and most maddening) project development cycles in the industry. Hell, VF Quest was announced early last year, and there has STILL been nothing more on it.

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Sega also has the buisness sense of a corpse, that has something to do with it I am sure.

8. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Quest was anounced almost 2 years ago

9. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

I don't think I want VF5 just yet. The thing is that it takes long to master EVO. Why do you want it in such a rush? Have you done everything in EVO?

10. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

The Am2 guys make a VF game if there is competion, right now i think its Soul Calibre 2 so i guess they will release quest any time soon. Or in summer 2010 /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will quest be multi format ? Keeping a game that attracts $$$$$ on a single console is a VERY bad idea.

11. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I'm a year and a half bid.
    VF4 (VFX actually) was announced what? A year before it finally came out?

12. Horsepool

Horsepool Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ura_Bahn said:

The Am2 guys make a VF game if there is competion, right now i think its Soul Calibre 2 so i guess they will release quest any time soon. Or in summer 2010 /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will quest be multi format ? Keeping a game that attracts $$$$$ on a single console is a VERY bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is and it isnt.
    Every console uses differant coding. PS2 being the hardest one....

But if you release on all the consoles you have to eather recode it, or emulate it. XBoxs MGS2 is a perfect example of why emulation is bad. It slows down during the rainy scenes!

Of they recode the game loses something it could have had because it takes time to recode, and if you add another feature you need to add it to 3 differant games, you see my point /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Zero-chan said:

Don't expect it for a few years at LEAST.

Sega-AM2 has some of the longest (and most maddening) project development cycles in the industry. Hell, VF Quest was announced early last year, and there has STILL been nothing more on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering the buckets of cash VF4 has made Sega in the arcades, I doubt they'll wait that long for a sequel.

I'll hazard a guess of December 2004 or spring 2005.

As for VF Quest, is it not more likely that it's been put on-ice or canned? If it was in constant development for all this time it's budget would now be astronomical.

14. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Yeah, but most developers will admit that ports are pretty easy. You have to recode, but if you've got some knowhow on the system, it's just a bit of time, and not that resource-consuming.

Whether or not it will add profits is another story.

15. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Au contraire. The game is still hugely popular. They DON'T want to release a new version too soon when people are still satisfied with what they have, lest they lose crediblity AND business (arcade operators aren't fond on constant upgrades they need to pay for). They don't want to become like Capcom.

16. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    well according to kyasao's words last night. we MIGHT see vf5 about this time next year. it's all about timing! this is the second time he has mentioned it to us in a 1 month span. they are working on it, and we might possibly see a female capoiera fighter. we laughed and joked about vf turning into a tekken type game, and said what's next, hadou-kens and hands flashing and shit. it was funny. as for the fighter he said there really are no more styles of fighting that they can introduce into vf. sega has done most of them, or blends of them. like look at vanessa, small part mai thai, small part grappler/street fighter, goh judo, etc... if you look at each characters styles you will see the original styles plus or, something else blended in.

17. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

I demand a return of the mighty sumo.

18. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

I know it's a bit early for speculation, but this would be my wish list for VF5:

1. Bring back 3D terrain with limb IK - include a number of flat stages so this dosen't unbalance tournament play. As fair and balanced as VF4's stages are, they're sinply not as interesting as VF3's.

2. Add a couple of new characters, plus bring back Taka.

3. Make dodging more intuitive - the [8], [2] tap still sucks imo.

4. Add an online mode. Even if this was technically flawed due to lost frames from network lag, it would still rule to play online. Imagine being able to hook up with players in different countries for practice sessions or casual matches. Obviously serious competitions wouldn't use this mode.

5. A proper memory card implementation....duh.

6. Hardrive support for saving replays and uploading to the web.

7. Add lots more character detail - ripped clothes, sweat and more incidental damage to the stages would be cool.

8. Develop the character's backgrounds and inter-relationships a bit more - if only to attract more casual players. Most folk on here wouldn't give a monkey but it makes sense from a business standpoint.

19. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    nice post... i like number 8 the most. And your right most of us don't give a rats ass, but it would attract more casual players, which in turn could produce some hardcore followers out of the bunch. Casual players need a edge, and usually some type of a story line gets the job done.

20. martialfanatic

martialfanatic Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Fishie said:

I demand a return of the mighty sumo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only demand, but promise violence if he doesn't return.

Well, not that extreme, but I want him back and kicking arse as well /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Maximum: Generally, good ideas. Personally I like the new evade over the button, and I hate inclined levels (sorry, I just hate them in every game that has them). But the rest are pretty cool.