1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter, and SEGA with others.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Akira Yukii, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Akira Yukii

Akira Yukii Active Member

Hello again.
    This series will adress the decision by SEGA to ditch being a general software developer and become a third party publisher.

I'm stouked. You should be too.
    Finally, the great talents of historic SEGA granted to the world.
    Hell, as far as I am concerned, some companies NEED Sega to survive this next gen wave
    of systems being released.

Ninteno. *cough cough*

Anyways. I have and always will me most likely, a playstation follower. I'm absolutley frantis that PSX gamers will finally be able to get a taste of Virtua Fighter. Of course, now with SNK as a third party publisher, who knows what beer will be brewed.

Capcom vs SNK vs SEGA *cough cough*

That's an overexaggeration, but please. Microsoft making a system? Alien Ant Farm singing Michael Jackson? I'm a believer.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

THe future will be a good one, people. I'm hooked to the beliefs that Virtua Fighter is a series that will succeed and ultimately be juiced to the last drop of fighter goodness. Also, many of us who obviously have the internet can look forward to perhaps, Virtua Fighter online gaming? Stop drooling.

Imagine. Kicking the "piss" out of some forker who lives in some unknown hick hole. Stop drooling. Fantastic. Superb. I'll be wanting a piece of any of you who get thier asses online with any VF technology. I'm working on a poll regarding this. Stay tuned!

Right. On.
    -Z'

In fighting games, it's always better to fight defensively. This allows taking advantage of jump ins with a nice fulfilling uppercut special.

2. Akira Yukii

Akira Yukii Active Member

The Poll.

Poll One.
    <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://virtuafighter.com/cgi-bin/versus/dopoll.pl"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="997923769Akira Yukii">
    Online Virtua Fighter- What would YOU do?
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="1"> I'd get my ass into it, einstein.
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="2"> Sure. I like VF. *dumb smile*
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="3"> Maybe, but I lack time.
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="4"> It's iffy. I don't like it enough perhaps?
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="5"> No. Bottom line, sucka'.
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="6"> Not sure.
    <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT NAME="PollSubmit" VALUE="$lang{'SUB_VOTE'}" CLASS="buttons"></FORM>

Right. On.
    -Z'

"In fighting games, it's always better to fight defensively. This allows taking advantage of jump ins with a nice fulfilling uppercut special."

3. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I'll be wanting a piece of any of you who get thier asses online with any VF technology

<hr></blockquote>

Online VF already exists in the form of VF2 PC, but don't go drinking any more root beers too quickly just yet because it's sloooow. Unplayably so, in fact. Shame.

4. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

Nintendo has outlasted sega *cough cough* as much as i am looking forward to sega games on a nintendo system i think sony will need sega more than nintendo

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters