1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[VOOT]Some VOOT news...

Discussion in 'General' started by Chanchai, May 3, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

The present and future are looking good for those that still got the VOOT interest and a DC.

Something about a tournament? Something about VOOT in the US and the internet?!

Well, to get a glimpse into what's been released and what may eventually be released:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sydvoc.com/forum/?read=8135>Scott's Announcement at SydVoc</A>

And for those that don't know what VOA is:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.reactor-core.org/vo/>VO Archive aka "Scott's Page"</A>

Damn am I hopeful!

-Chanchai

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I've been itching to get a twinstick lately.... Do I really need to get into another game that no one I know plays? Ugghh....

Spotlite

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

that's the same question i got. I have the stick and everything, Im ready. the thing is, like you said, noone is playing it. no way to get better with cpu. voot is just collecting dust :(

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

"When you're not training somebody else is training to kick your ass."

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

damn spotlite.... you're the one that lives in LA too. My understanding is that if you go out to Stanton, over to SHGL, there is a good VOOT following over there. Maybe they aren't active anymore? In any case you could contact some of them and I'm sure a good amount are still itching to play.

Also, you could challenge to play them at SHGL where they have a VOOT machine/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

5. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Yeah, I know there's the SHGL scene, but I guess I just don't have time in my life. I mean, my vf is average, and I probably should just practice that. I think my girlfriend would kill me if I wanted to take time out of my schedule to go to golf land once a week (which I'm planning to try t do for VF4...ssshhhhh!)

If a friend around here (central LA), or my boss got into it, I'd do it. But I just FINALLY got someone into VF3 (my co-worker Dennis), so I'm just happy about that. Honestly, my best bet would probably be to just practice tekken more, since that's what the whole western world plays. But even though I know it's a good game, I just feel when I'm playing it's so much more "mindless" than VF.....but I digress.

I might pick up the twin stick one day anyway, just to have one ;). The lure of E-bay can't be denied. I really like the way the VOOT replays are all for the VMU. Can you watch them with all the options of watch mode? AM2 really needs this feature for VF4 PS2. Imagine being able to study tournament footage on your TV, changing the angles.... so cool Are there any nice VOOT replays that aren't in the VMU format (quicktime)? My DC isn't netted.

Speaking of other games... anyone like Ogre Battle 64?

Dusted off the Tobal 2 the other day... holy shit that game's good. Best set of extras in any game ever, IMO.

Maybe when we all get old and retire, we can live in the same old folks home and play the games we never had time to all day. "whoever looses this match has to shit in thier daiper and wear it all day".

Spotlite

6. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I really like VOOT. Enough to go out and get it, except there's one thing stopping me: no competition! I used to play the first VO in the arcade, and I was so-so. But aside from the occasional good player, I never saw many people playing it.

Dusted off Tobal 2 the other day...

Man, I used to love that game. I still haven't gotten all of the characters (that last dungeon is way too long)!

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=yellow>DOG</font color=yellow>

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I really like the way the VOOT replays are all for the VMU. Can you watch them with all the options of watch mode?

Yep. You have the option of watching the match from a wide variety of cameras. Definitely a cool feature I'd like to see in future games.

Are there any nice VOOT replays that aren't in the VMU format (quicktime)? My DC isn't netted.

Not too sure. A (long) while ago, I made some demonstration movies (mpgs) showing the differences in CC (close combat) between VOOT versions 5.2 and 5.45. I had plans of making more instructional/technique demo movies but just didn't have the time (back then). However, just because your DC isn't netted shouldn't stop you from accessing VMU replays of VOOT (get a nexus w/ pc cable). Scott's VO archive (link provided in chan's post) has a huge collection.

If you have more Virtual On questions, feel free to ask at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sydvoc.com>sydvoc.com</A> (another site I setup *plugplug*) where all dedicated VO gamers (fanboys and hardcore) hang out. Since I came to Montreal the site's been slack on any news/updates/etc, but the forum is still bustling.

Dusted off the Tobal 2 the other day... holy shit that game's good.

Word! Hence my unwillingness to believe DreamFactory didn't deliver with The Bouncer. *sigh*

8. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

if anyone close to nyc wants to play saturn VO,
    let me know, i still have my netlink so playing
    VO is still possible over the net (direct dial).
    remember local calls only, this is direct dial.

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

"When you're not training somebody else is training to kick your ass."