1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WCG US Finals Oct 3-5 LA

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by RayBlade, Aug 27, 2008.

1. RayBlade

RayBlade Well-Known Member

2. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    I'm definitely up for a mini-gathering, will be getting in around 8:30 in the morning of the 2nd. LA Akira said he'd be interested in hanging out with people too.

If people want to see the finals in person, the expo is open to the public. Day tickets are like $30, but hopefully MS and EA will have some interesting stuff there.

AFAIK the list of people in the finals is

cidkid
    adamyuki
    denkai
    konjou
    raybladex
    kod
    calijared
    chief phlash

3. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

they should just have one huge vf tourney with as many people from vfdc as they could. Are there any NON Top U.S. Vf players not on this site?

4. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

KoD, I like ur profile picture!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

U mean all of these players are going to LA in order to participate to WCG US Finals?? Wow~ if that works, I will try my best to join this event!! I mean just to be an audience~ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
    $30 is still too expensive I guess... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

5. RayBlade

RayBlade Well-Known Member

Attention all WCG Finalists - Check your email. WCG recently sent me info regarding this upcoming event. The more important things about the email is:

1: Hotel is the Wilshire Grand Hotel in Downtown L.A. which is about 2 miles from the convention center. Arrive in L.A. no later than Thursday afternoon (October 2nd).

2: You must stay until the closing ceremonies on Sunday (october 5th) in order to claim your $250 travel stipend. The E for all expo ends on 4pm sunday, so I assume that this will be the time the ceremonies should be finished by. Also, you will have to fill out a "W-9" form before the event in order to receive the travel stipend.

3: Hotel rooms will be shared (2 to a room). You can make arrangements to room with another VF player but WCG can't guarantee that your choice will be honored.

4: Players must provide their own transportation to and from the Airport/Hotel. LAX is about 18 miles from the Wilshire Grand Hotel.

If you haven't received this email yet, let me know by private message and I can send you a copy.

6. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    Shidosha needs a ride!!! any VF Locals passing by Costa Mesa at all? I don't mind paying for gas

7. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Dennis & brisal & whoever else, you guys should hang out and play when people are in town. I cant imagine even a poorly run tourney is actually going to take up all 72 hours of a weekend. I wouldnt sweat the wcg organization thing or money to get into the expo (if you arent also into looking at other video-game related stuff).

8. Dennis0201

For Sure!!!
    Not only me, I think LA AKIRA and Plague also would like to have a small gathering!!!! But thing is that, are all the players going to participate this event??

9. CaliJared

CaliJared Well-Known Member

This doesn't look good for me. >.<

10. Shidosha

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    dammit jared I wanted to mm that jacky. I heard you were getting better!
    Damn team dgf training

11. CaliJared

CaliJared Well-Known Member

Haha I mean the chances of me winning doesn't look too good. I played for the first time since the March gathering last Thursday, so hopefully I can train a little more before I go. And I probably won't do any MMs, but I'll play you for sure just for fun.

12. Shidosha

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    that works too!
    Yeaaaaaaaaaah!

13. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I don't know why they keep asking me to compete but they do and who am I to say no. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

I booked my flight and confirmed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

14. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    WAY TO GO SHAG!!! i was really hopin you'd come! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

15. Shidosha

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    w00t! i wanna play that goh damnit!

16. Dennis0201

I hope you guys don't mind I bring up this topic~
    Is there any thing further??
    Come on!!!! It's WCG US FINALS!!!!!

17. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    mini-gathering now has official title LA '08 "FUCK THAT OFF" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Dennis, LA akira said he'd get in touch with you w details. Flash is gonna be coming in on wed, everyone else gets in thurs I think.

18. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    wooohoooooooooo! FUCK THAT OFF!

everyone will be yelling "FUCK THAT!" at gerald's mini-gathering! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

19. Dennis0201

LA akira said we are going to his place on Sunday for sure, but I try to reach all you cool guys next Friday if possible.

What I mean is, are we gonna go to the WCG tournament together? or just wait until the end and then hang out?

20. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    I'm planning on playing & hanging out beforehand ( or maybe even during the wcg tournament if it's boring ). I'm leaving sunday night so if hanging out after the tourney is the plan . . . i'll be left out, boo hoo /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif