1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

West Coast Parsec CHALLENGER SESSIONS on Chanchai’s Dojo

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Chanchai, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

You a Rising Star in #VF5FS ? Maybe a really rusty veteran? Weekend Warrior who just needs more XP? New to VF but you want to play on Parsec?

Chanchai’s Dojo, WestCoast VF Server, now scheduling CHALLENGER SESSIONS!

AM, Prime Time, and Graveyard!

Let me know if you want in!

Attached Files:

2. Chanchai

We need confirmation for players who would like to join a Challenger Session this Sunday (March 7th)!

Let me know if you would like to participate during brunch, afternoon, or dinner?!

3. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Yes yes, an order of Okomoto Kitchen please.

Chanchai likes this.
  4. Chanchai

TONIGHT (Sunday, March 7th) WE ARE HAVING CHALLENGER SESSIONS AT 6:00pm PST!

Two Servers (Chanchai’s Dojo and Windaddy)
    First to Three
    Around the World + 1 (aka Around the World + 1 Rematch) Rule

We already have some RSVPs and we have room for more!

If you want in, just PM me and I’ll get you to the dojo doors!

See you there!

5. Chanchai

Thanks to everyone who came out last night (Sunday, March 7th) and played and support! It was quite an amazing Challenger Session and there was play well into the AM (not surprising) and conversations went until past 5:00am!

Thank you Slash5150, KingDeathCradle, and Notori-OSU for the stream support!

Thanks to Sifu Shidosha and Captain Dark Nova for the late night honorable sparring, wisdom sharing, and opinions

The Challengers included: Goggles, Notori-OSU, Ambitiouz One, Spacetime66, Paracles, KingDeathCradle, Tenpai, DJ Bust, FM Synth, Mech, Hellsap, and Slash5150!

Conversations and Behind the Scenes Supporters included Blade of Sorensen, Paracles, Ful Stop, and Y2D!

Again, thanks to everyone for the amazing support and love of Virtua Fighter!

R_Panda likes this.
  6. Chanchai

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10th, 2021

Chanchai’s Dojo will host CHALLENGERS SESSIONS on WEDNESDAY.
    The Daytime Session 10:00am - 2:00pm.
    The Prime Time Session 4:00pm - 10:00pm

Chanchai’s Dojo will also host a GRAVEYARD OPEN SESSION starting around Midnight!

7. Chanchai

PRIME TIME CHALLENGERS SESSION IS LIVE!
    WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10th
    4:00pm PST - 10:00pm PST

We are currently doing our Wednesday Prime Time CHALLENGERS (the non-tournament Masters & Grandmasters) Sessions on Chanchai’s Dojo! A parsec session. Let us know if you would like to join. You can watch the stream on KingDeathCradle’s Twitch (later tonight we will be on Team Khaos’s Twitch). 4:00pm PST - 10:00pm PST

https://www.twitch.tv/kingdeathcradle

nou likes this.
  8. Chanchai

GRAVEYARD OPEN BATTLES ARE NOW LIVE!

All are invited to fight in our graveyard shift battles at Chanchai’s Dojo!

Streaming on Team Khaos

https://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos

(a summary of today’s activity will be posted tomorrow)

9. Chanchai

Special Shoutouts to @KingDeathCradle @slash5150 @zass75 @spacetime66 Calamity and Mech for lots of assistance keeping the sessions going yesterday!

Also thanks to @HellSap @HernanVFDC @FightClubHuBBs @banok Ful Stop @Hayashida_Haze and @y2d_vf for playing yesterday too!

A lot of action yesterday during Challengers and Graveyard sessions!

FightClubHuBBs likes this.
  10. Chanchai

This Sunday (March 14th, 2021) Chanchai’s Dojo is giving a shoutout to @Virtua Kazama ’s THE TAKEOVER coming to VF Parsec!

This is wonderful news!

We plan to have CHALLENGERS on Sunday Prime Time, but this week we encourage trying THE TAKEOVER, see if connection is great!

If it gets crowded, let me know, I’ll open the Dojo!

Dennis0201 likes this.
  11. Chanchai

VF5FS CHALLENGERS SESSION
    Tonight (sunday) 4:00pm-9:00pm PST
    Chanchai’s Dojo (a west coast VF Parsec server)

This session is for the non-masters: All Rising Stars, Intermediates, and Beginners are welcome!

To get access to the server, either reply here or contact me

12. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Do videos exist where they can be viewed later? I only caught a little bit of the stream on Sunday, but would like to view more.

Didn't see anything on YT, unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

13. Chanchai

A lot of our sessions have been recorded on Twitch VODs from the following streamers:
    TeamKhaos
    R Panda (matches from Chanchai’s Dojo and West Coast Kumite)
    CrazyDrunk88
    Juicebox
    KingDeathCradle

and very rarely, Tricky VFDC.

Team Khaos has a decent amount of Challengers Sessions, and at the end they turn into Open Sessions. A lot of the strongest players play during our Graveyard Shift Open Sessions. Some of the sessions on the Team Khaos Twitch include these towards the end.

https://twitch.tv/teamkhaos

I have captured some of the Stream Archives, I may try to upload them to YouTube at some point (with streamer permission of course) ^_^

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    nou likes this.
  14. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Haven't been on twitch since forever, and have just been watching streams through VFDC media section. I'll check out past streams on Twitch, thanks!

EDIT: Just checked it. First thing it shows is "Check out this Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown stream from 2 days ago" :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  15. Chanchai

The only downside is it can be tricky to find older archives on Twitch’s site. And at some point they delete older content too :(

I will probably do quite a bit of archiving tonight since I haven’t archived much in the past two weeks. But the quality of the matches have been great! And last night on Juicebox’s stream there was a good quality of matches and Juicebox in particular was playing very well!