1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown!?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hatredboy, May 26, 2021.

1. Hatredboy

Hatredboy New Member

2. Iamtheone1983

Iamtheone1983 Active Member

I'm personally stoked to be able to play on my PS4. I have many fond memories of waiting 10 minutes plus just to find a match in ranked (back in the ps3 days) lol.
    I really hope that the community is still there and certainly hope to see it grow.
    It's always been a bucket list thing of mine to go to a Sega cup, and now, who knows. Might still be able to check that box.

Sonic The Fighters and SSShinji like this.
  3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    What happened to the Single Player Modes in VF5US.

Will Special Sparring Mode, Score Attack Mode, and License Mode from VF5FS be coming as DLC in VF5US:confused:

Yea if VF5US is supposed to be a polished remaster of VF5FS , it should include the single player modes right?

Is possible they could be added as DLC?:unsure:

4. gido

gido Well-Known Member

I just wanna start off saying that I'm actually quite happy in the times we are in right now with the release of this game. I love to see everybody streaming this. Feels great for VF to be back on the scene and I hope for more updates.

The visuals in this game are pretty good looking, despite some of the character models looking a bit off. It's only a very few and even then it's not all that bad to be quite honest. I think the details on body textures and clothes are spot on and I can say confidently that VF5US may be the best looking 3D model fighter right now, yup including KoF15's.

Disappointed on the customization, but so far that's the only thing that bothered me. Gameplay is still intact and netplay is pretty good too, no complaints.

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  5. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    For starters, it's great that VF is in the spotlight right now. And it's great to have so many matches available.

The main menu is sweet. Having that little TV playing real time matches (?) Is one of the coolest things I've seen in a fighting game. You can even make it full screen.

The game is still FS. But it all looks completely different from FS, though. From the characters to the stages. And it all looks great. Some could look better, though.

Training when waiting for matches? Blessed.

When playing, I don't even notice the hit effects at all really. I think the blue ones are the ones I notice the most. And that's not even bothersome. I actually like it because I know they're sideways when I see that and I know my advantage Increased a lil. I only notice most of the effects when I'm watching a match.

The netcode feels coo. It reminds me of FS in the sense where when it's good, it feels great. I think since most everyone who got a code yesterday were streamers, big or small. And they all most likely use a wired connection. So everyone playing eachother had good/decent internet. I remember the name 'Eubanks' from here. I could almost bet he's not in America. But the connection felt nice when playing him.

Being able to even make the UI retro is hilariously cool.

It's unfortunate that covid halted a lot of progress and so few costume items were released at launch. And not much single player But, they did what they could.

I'd really like to be able to save my ranked replays. Or have the game auto save a certain amount for me so I can see and save them later.

I really like being able to choose if and what exactly you want to display of your record of matches.

6. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    Mostly ambivalent (I won't say disappointed as I didn't have huge expectations going in). I like some stuff like the ranked match viewer on the main menu and the VF1 models, but I'm not a fan of the visuals and there's too many little things that add up to drive me crazy - menus working the exact same, having to quit to main menu if you slipped and picked the wrong character/costume, some of the button binds, the baffling way online is set up, just easily sorted QOL stuff - they've had almost a decade to improve Final Showdown's user experience and it seems like nothing's been touched. Also not keen on: not implementing a much more in-depth tutorial system, or us having to pay for less content than FS (and presumably having to pay more down the line to get stuff back).
    I also don't care at all about playing online, so the big push of this release isn't really aimed at me.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    beanboy and FlawedFists like this.
  7. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Also, maybe I'm tripping, but. I never noticed Akira's half wall getting damaged mid round in FS like they used to in VF5 vanilla. Think they brought that back if it wasn't in FS.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  8. Shensun

Shensun Active Member

Haven't played VF in almost a decade. Loving this new entry

It's bringing alot of new people into the franchise aswell

9. Mr_X

Mr_X Well-Known Member

PSN:
    X_the_Genius
    Amazing looking and playing remaster. Bravo to the RGG team.
    Bare bones port which I'm fine with atm, 90% of my time will be playing versus.

There's no invite from friend list to private room/lobby.
    The netcode is only fine in the best circumstances, feel bad for people wanting to play online but in the middle of nowhere or get connected with far away players.

Back in training mode character select should go back 1 step instead of prompting return to main menu so I can unselect the character.

Zekiel, gido, SSfox and 1 other person like this.
  10. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I'm fairly happy with what we got so far with minor gripes. One QoL feature present in FS and now removed is the ability to reset position in training mode when playing recorded actions. The hint to reset position with R3 also disappears from the screen once you play recorded actions.

Not game breaking but very annoying. And it's hopefully something they can address with future patches.

Mr_X likes this.
  11. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    So far I'm happy to have VF upgraded and seeing a bunch of new faces. Also great to have a bunch of vets jumping back in for a few rounds.

However, I'm going to need Sega to upgrade the netcode, as well as some quality of life stuff. Can I get a block list for people with unacceptably terrible connections? Where is the replay feature from FS? Can I filter rooms to exclude people with locked rooms? Etc.

I'm sad to know that a bunch of people are probably going to jump ship and move over to Guilty Gear Strive next week. But, it's good to have VF in the spotlight for now.

Zekiel likes this.
  12. MamaKazama

MamaKazama New Member

I love the new user interface, it's so well put together. Like the words don't look something from a 2003 game. Very pleasing to the eyes, especially in training mode.

And the fact that we can choose how to display our win/lose records is also a plus.

13. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I'm hoping that at least bring back sparring mode, and license mode from VF5FS.

All the locked rooms, it can be challenging to get a match. Especially if your rank is a little higher than the room average. I've been kicked several times from rooms because of having raider rank and before I was able to even enter the matches. I wish there was a way to turn off the rank display.:oops:

So it would be nice to have single player content beyond just training mode or arcade mode, for those times when online just a'int working out:( VF games have always had at least one single player mode besides arcade mode.(n)

14. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Overall, I'm loving this. FS is a solid entry as a VF and the updated presentation is more than welcome. I'm not big on ALL the new changes, Wolf's music, but I'm happy they are there. I do hope the online is improved for the sake of the game, but it's nice to have modern polish on an already, if already treaded, system.

Being able to view matches in the menu is an awesome touch. I'll probably grab the full game despite my gripes about the online, as it'll be nice to have a 'modern' VF in 2021, and I'm a fan.

Zekiel, Shinobi, SSfox and 3 others like this.
  15. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    In general - I wish the net code was upgraded and I feel like character balance and some system changes are warranted. That said - it is nice for VF to just be a "thing" in this day and age. Overall, just nice to play VF every now and then! Hopefully, it is successful enough to warrant us seeing VF6.

16. Krish

Krish Member

Hope sega does these in the future patches and DLCs.
    1. Make the wall semi transparent when camera goes behind, just like FS.
    Transparent wall is quite distracting and makes game feel incomplete.
    2. Get Save Replay back.
    3. Make sure all the costumes and items in FS are back.

17. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    For someone like my brother who only played FS for a couple months, this is like a whole new game to learn and practice with. For me, its basically a prettier FS which is cool, but im definitely not as excited as I would be if it had new moves and characters and stages. I'm still going to play it though and stick with it this time, so that's the most important thing.

18. Emptyeyes

Emptyeyes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    To those that are thinking or will use Jacky as their primary, take heed to these fundamental facts about him. Everything will fall into place on your journey, therein. ^_^

19. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

:ROTFL:

Zekiel, BeastEG, beanboy and 2 others like this.
  20. Emptyeyes

Emptyeyes Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness. I'm trying to avoid this VF meme, because it had me laughing so hard all this morning. This is either the funniest fighting game meme in history or I'm just prone to being this goofy.