1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Pai' started by yuki414, May 18, 2010.

1. yuki414

yuki414 Member

Right now I'm an Aoi player but I really like Pai. So I really need help. I want to sub as Pai (at least) but I don't know what to do. I've read forums here but it's still a little confusing for me. I got lucky with Aoi. I played with her as a kid and basically button mashed until I figured her out. Then I saw some online videos and got a lot better. Anyway, please tell me where to start and maybe some tips? Oh and I can figure out combos from exhibition matches on the game.

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Why can't you use more than one character? Stick with Aoi and learn Pai as well.
    • Check the moves list, learn all the moves.
    • Learn all the Combos in Pais combo listing on VFDC.
    • watch more VF5 pai vids for ideas on how to implement them.
    • Learn how to defend, especially after pokes and launchers/combo starters.
    • Use Yip kick( [9][K]+[G] ) lots [​IMG]
    Do all of this with Pai whilst continuing to do the same with and playing Aoi. Ask on shoutbox and search the forums if you have more questions. Good luck.

3. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Pai is really easy!

2 moves you will always need: 1KK

And 3P, charge K

If you dont know what the numbers are, look at your keyboard!

so 1KK means down-left Kick, kick

3P means down-right Punch, then charge the Kick.

Easy!

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    [​IMG]

You now have 2 choices before you. You can take my advice and the advice of others and learn VF, or you can take Matts advice and fall to the dark side. What will you do?

5. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Perhaps you should look up people that use her alot and can show you what these people are talking about. These guys know what they are talking about sometimes it requires a playing against a Pai player that is willing to teach you things and show you things overall to fully understand what is being said in these forums. Look me up if you want, I still play her alot and I am willing to go a few rounds with any pai player to show them first hand what these threads mention.

You might even show me a few things with aoi since I fool around with her some every now and then.

6. yuki414

yuki414 Member

I'm sorry but I can't get online play. I've actually tried for hours to set up xbox live or even an internet connection to the router but it never worked (even with a wire). But some things about Aoi are (I know it doesn't help much written down):

- I think she has the best [6] [P] in the game. You can add another hit if you want for a string, just stop there if your opponent was crouching for a short stagger, or try and go for a cancel.
    - When you've caught your opponent in Tenchi In'you (I think that's what it's called) and they are turned around, the best thing to do is follow up as quick as you can with [6] [4] [P] [+] [K] [P]. You should have just enough frames to do it. When they are turned towards you try just regular [P] [K].
    - Reversals: To be honest I don't use them that much. I've seen plenty of aoi matches where some players don't use them at all. BUT they are one of the best things about her. Really, the only ones I use are her mid reversal probably because they have the most chances of being caught. Plus they're more predictable than others especially when you've but put in a temporary crouch position like from recovering from a fall.
    - A couple of follow ups from (CH) [4] [3] [P]. You could go for a crouch dash then a throw from the temporary crouch position. [6] [P] [+] [K] [P] is good to follow up with.
    - One last thing that you might not use that often. As you probably know already her [K] [+] [G] turns your opponent. Two things you could go for that normally wouldn't string: [P] [P] [6] [P] [P] or [P] [P] [K].

Thank you.

7. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

you could not connect? i am a total noob, what i normally do I just unplug the cable from the PC,turn the router on and off, plug it into the xbox, then maybe test the connection, and it always work. I have no idea what the other guys are talking about when they suggest port-forwarding or nuclear fission, but plug-in plug-out works for me every time.

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Most likely your routers firewall is preventing the XBL connection. In Xbox settings there is a way to test the connection. Have you tried that?

If its the router, to solve this problem you would propably need to forward the ports XBL needs from the router settings, or switch DMZ mode on. (this mode opens all ports to specified address - your XBoxes IP address, need to check it from xbox settings. Essentially switching the firewall off, but only to the address you specify). How to do this depends on the router. Id recommend trying DMZ mode if possible.

If its possible to use the connection without the router, thats one way of doing the same thing.. To connect Xbox directly to net. But I dont know what kind of connections you got there.

If you could get to irc then maybe someone could give some advice with the problem.

9. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Member

Private message me the manufacturer and model number of your router and I will see what I can do.