1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Whats up with Aoi

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Aoi_Version_One, Aug 10, 2005.

1. I read somewhere in the forums that people think Aoi is a waste and Taka should be back. Also I notice she is not used or wins very much in tourneys (well the ones ive seen). What's wrong with her? I mean does she not fit the VF style or something?

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Nothing wrong with Aoi. Maybe she just isn't as popular with top players as other characters.

Don't worry about all that. Nothing is stopping you from doing well with her. If you don't have human competition, play Quest mode like you're fighting real people (don't exploit the CPU). It will never be as good as fighting people, but you can make it worth your while.

There's lots of information on this board and the training mode in PS2 Evo is top notch.

Good luck.

3. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

aoi can nearly be as annoying as pai.

4. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Also see Nuki Aoi, one of the highest ranked in Japan along with Fudo,Chibita (before he cheated :p ) and others etc
    [ QUOTE ]
    KS_Vanessa said:

aoi can nearly be as annoying as pai.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Pai no 1 most annoying then it's vannessa's [6][6]+[K] /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

hahah i see that.

oh god i wish there was a guard cancel for vanessas [6][6][K]

then she would be unstoppable.

[6][6][K][G], instant mindfuck death!

6. Where can I see matches of Nuki Aoi because I never heard of her.

7. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

nm link down

8. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Aoi_Version_One said:
    Where can I see matches of Nuki Aoi because I never heard of her.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Just so you know, Nuki (aka Ohnuki) is a dude.

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The latest movie posting in the Game SKY thread found in the Media board features a Nuki match. Get it while it's still there.

10. VFAoi

VFAoi Member

Chibita cheated, how? I LOVE Aoi and Pai, but Sarah +Flamingo Stance= annoying as hell. I am pissed that they took out Taka Arashi, probably because he was too unbalanced; aka, he sucks, but Aoi is a much better character. Are the people you fight in quest, American or Japanese? Aoi in my mind is one of the best. Did you know after you do her three part throw, and do the ending where she does not break your leg, but steps on you, a ground throw can be done. for 91, or 101 damage. most damaging throw in the game.

11. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

"for 91, or 101 damage. most damaging throw in the game."

Indeed, too bad you have a chance to escape it 4 times /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

you guys. just play virtua Quest. before you gain their moves their tell you their stories. like Aoi's story is that she the last member of the (whatever her last name is) family , she wanted to prove that she can do something right.and well she sits on the ground. you know the continue pose she has. then she said something like "in this world you'll learn that theres someone always before then you. but at least you'll be prepare for what i'm gonna teach you."

and pai as you know she wants learn her father style.. but here's the thing in the game she like "my father betared his family in search of power. i will never forgive him...that why i fight. my name is pai chan."

(yeah i beat the game too meny times before i traded it in for another game)