1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the Vanessa Info?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Shadowdean, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I am just curious about this character now. The monk seems to be more and more the button mashers character, with auto stances and all sorts of nonsense going on (of course, I can't say from experince, I live in the ghost town of arcades - maryland....there should be a graveyard for machines here :-( ) but I've not heard ANYTHING on Vanessa. Is there any info on her? Have I just missed it?

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

2. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

As far as I know, there has only been one clip featuring Vanessa so far, and apart from a (very large) movelist, so far we don't know too much about her. I don't even know what fighting style she uses - does anyone know?

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I've spoken to a few people, and Lei doesn't actually seem too masher-friendly at all ;) Apparently in Japan no one really knows how to play him, and apart from few players, everyone's getting creamed when using him.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I read from some japanese sites that she can switch her fighting style by pushing P+K+G between normal mode and Mue-Tai mode, when her stance changes.
    Commands seem to be separated in each mode while there are some common commands.
    Some japanese VFer said that some of her attacks seemed really powerful and her motion animation on every move was damn real...

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hrmm..interesting....
    GLC - what has been the general Japanese reaction the to changes in gameplay?

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

6. Guest

Guest Guest

"I read from some japanese sites that she can switch her fighting style by pushing P+K+G between normal mode and Mue-Tai mode, when her stance changes"

I've checked from a japanese site. To be precise, Vanessa can change her fighting style from "defensive style"(default style) to "Muay Thai style"(Thai boxing style). The defensive style ,as far as i saw from the clip, looks like some kind of military style martial art. However, i haven't seen her in Muay Thai stance yet.