1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Where the PLAYERS at?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by THE_WALL, Sep 2, 2011.

1. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

Having a difficult time getting in that many online matches with new people or vets of the game that I have never played before.

It seems every time that I play I'm doing that sit and wait thing, or I wonder is everyone trying to get live matches, have we given up on vanilla all together, do I jump on at bad times,etc,.

I want to know why we don't have at least 10 people online at once, when a good time to play is and most importantly I want to know Where the PLAYERS at?

2. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    The matches are there you might want to change when you come online to catch them. How about buying some time and going to quest mode and training while you wait that way you stay sharp while you wait. I finally forced myself to do it and I feel better for doing that. How about playing earlier though if you don't want to have any down time between matches. I am just saying a suggestion though.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I only check online rarely, thanks to the bad matchmaking I only try it like 15 minutes at a time, and if Im not getting any non-grays I quit.

4. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    Try looking for matches on Friday and Saturday nights, thats

probably your best bet.

5. smince82

smince82 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    wyliewood
    XBL:
    xsmincex
    i have no problem finding matches in fact its preety much the oppisite for example the other day i was watching a dvd with the kids and i had 3 invites for vf within 5 mins of each other but i had to decline cause the kids were watching the smurfs. the only time i cannot get a game is during the day theres no one on during the day apart from jap players and the connection is horrible. but that guys right friday and saturday nights are your best bet for matches. ggs to wieand the other night, ggs to manaknight the other night and everyone else who i've played recently.

6. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Wall I'll play some wolf mirrors or somethin. What time are you on usually? Also are you mountain or pacific time?

7. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    I was wondering what the LIVE scene was like for this game...

8. THE_WALL

I'm on mountain time EmX. I usually get on at around 5 so if you wanted to get some matches it would be around I'm guessing 6 your time.

I also was wondering why people hardly use the mic. How are we spose to give pointers to new players if we r not using the mic, or hyping the game.

We need to create a weekly event where we get a lot of the top players playing the game. Maybe people new to the game will wan't to check it out.

9. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Wall ill play r u westcoast? I can play a bit after work today. Ill be on in 6 hrs, ill look for u. I saw u waiting for player match one day, when i joined u were already in match. I saw full bars so hope we can play soon. I go on mic after matches, i havnt been on party chat much lately but ill b on again with cp kam and wei. i been really anti social lately, due to personal reasons. but i'll come into party. I remember our party chats were always packed before Shiny, jerky etc etc. I just dont play while in party, its too hard for me (unless im playing a SUB), and i dont like lag.
    ) :

10. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Heh, I'm here man.

I still play VF5 online for sure. That'll never change until FS comes out.

Anyway, I'm usually online late Sunday nights around 11pm ET or later, but I admittedly haven't been on that night as of late.

Weeknights is a toss-up for me though. I cannot set a date and time in stone as I can't really predict if or when I would decide to hop online. If I do happen to hop online on a weeknight it would usually be sometime after 10pm ET.

These days if I'm not online playing VF5 I'm either playing through my 8-year Career and constantly tweaking/crashing my bike in SBK X or ballin' online in NBA 2K11. I rarely hide my online Live status (only when a relative is playing under my Gamertag), so if anyone sees me on their Friends or Players list playing another game and want to play VF5 hit me up with a message. I'll respond to let you know what's up right away unless I'm in the middle of an endurance race (I'm racing a Real number of laps) in SBK X or in the middle of an online NBA 2K11 game.

Kruza

11. THE_WALL

Current update 3 reg 63 guests and 2 spiders tuesday 11:00 for the vfdc site. People who are online with vanilla prob 3 to 5.

We still have new players out there I run into them every once and a while but it seems like they don't get enough exposure to the game as far as play oppurtunities so they prob leave the game alone.

It is a tuesday so maybe thats why the #'s seem low for community exposure to new people.

12. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I actually will get someone if I'm just hosting playing matches in an open room. I've run across a few new players that hang around for a decently long set.

Normally I just send messages to people to set up matches. Thumbing through VFDC friends list works sometimes too.

13. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I ran across a few people and it is very refreshing to see new faces playing this game. That is how I found Neo 1152 and many others too. I even had a nice long set with a good brad player last night. I don't play brad much and all I do most of the time is just open a room and see who finds it. I hope to find more people as the hype for FS grows in the next few months before its release.