1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

where to play in Japan ?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by jonasg33k, Feb 15, 2009.

1. jonasg33k

jonasg33k Active Member

I'd like to know where are the good spots to play VF5R in Japan.
    Particularely on Tôkyô and Kyôto. I'd like to know where the average skill is high and where the price is low :D.

2. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with where to play in kyoto but in tokyo, the three best places for strong comp imo is club sega akihabara, sportsland in nishi shinjuku (nishispo) and club sega in ikebukuro. All three of these places are 100 yen a game and that goes pretty fast if you are playing against strong comp.

If you are looking for cheaper games, I only know of two places. One is right across from club sega ikebukuro. I forgot the name of the place but you can't miss it as its right in front of Sega on the corner. The have 2 VF5r machines on the 3rd floor and the comp is generally weaker than CS, but if you haven't played before, it should be more than enough for you. The other place is called oslo and is in shinjuku's kabukicho district. Kinda hard to explain exactly where it is without a map but if you can find one of kabukicho, I can draw a path from shinjuku station on how to get there.

3. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

In Kyoto the only good places to play are a-cho (I forget the closest station) and Cotton Club, which is in Saiin... you're better off taking the 30 minutes to go down to Umeda and hit up Monte if that's the case. I heard a-cho only has one cabinet for 5R now, where Monte has 4 cabinets and is the same price (50 yen)

4. jonasg33k

jonasg33k Active Member

thanks a lot for your help. L_A you maybe can show me where is the place using google map ?

Is VF5R easy to find in japanese gamecenters or is it rare ?

5. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Sure, I can help you using google maps. Its easy to find the machine but its not that easy to find people playing it. :p

6. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

I've actually made a wiki for this kind of situation... it's not complete yet but it has a directory of arcades in Japan that are considered "need to go" for visitors or people living in the area.

http://wiki.versuscity.net/index.php/Main_Page

Click on Kantou and Kansai for Tokyo and Kyoto arcades.

7. mrmeeks

mrmeeks Member

In Tokyo you can go to the electronics district in Akihabara, they have a Club Sega there with alot of VF5R machines in the basement (well, they did in the summer at least).

In Kyoto I remember there being a couple arcades around Kyoto Station, if you wander around the area you'll find one.