1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Which pieces have I to buy, to mod a hori ex 2?

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Mister, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Hi guys.
    I was wandering on the net searching a guide to modd a ex 2 and i found this one:
    http://pineconeattack.com/2008/12/07/how...ox-360-version/

This guide is perfect to know how mod a ex2 and says exactly which pieces i have to buy to mod the stick... every pieces but the switches.
    The guide uses this link http://www.happcontrols.com/joysticks/95073301.htm to explain which switch use but, as you can see, in that link there are 2 switches... o_O so which switch have i to buy?
    This is the last pieces i have to buy to mod my ex 2 and after my cousin can mod it and i can play vf5 much better.

Ah another thing. That guide suggest to use a octagonal gate.. but i read somewhere that the square gate is much better for the diagonal inputs. I'm a little bit confused... Should i leave the square gate and put the octagonal gate or keep the square gate changing only the switches?
    Thanks a lot for the answers.

2. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Mister, non ho capito? vedo solo un tipo di microswitches?

3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

._. sono 2 tipi guarda l'elenco in basso. Fungono con diversi voltaggi.

Di fatti ci sono 2 tasti "add to cart"

4. MAtteoJHDY

5. Mister

Thanks

6. MAtteoJHDY

mister, io ti consiglio di prendere gli ommron MS-O-3

sono gli standard della sanwa!

7. MAtteoJHDY

8. MAtteoJHDY

9. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

He uses the D44 switches. Pretty good tutorial. I'd use a square gate instead of an octagonal one though for VF5. Apart from that, it's a nice walkthrough.

10. Mister

Seems i cannot buy that microswitch from that website ._.
    The website need 25€ for the minimal order ._.'''
    I don't want spend 25€ for things I don't need...
    So i'm looking for another website that sells microswitches...
    Does anyone have a suggestion?
    Thanks

11. FcoBenitez

FcoBenitez Well-Known Member

12. MAtteoJHDY

13. MAtteoJHDY

14. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering, does anyone know of a good guide to mod an xbox360 pad's PCB to an arcade stick (mainly the EX2)? I fried one of the main contact points on the mainboard on the Hori EX2's PCB after replacing the stock hori buttons with Sanwa, and now I'm left with a dead stick... [​IMG]

I have a couple of spare MS pads as backups, though I did some reading around and looks like the madcatz ones are more suitable as a stick's PCB (Differing opinions on the various threads I've read though), but if anyone knows if there's a good guide that can help me out with modding the MS pads from start to end, and post them here, that'll really be great.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

15. MAtteoJHDY

If I have to be honest, Im afraid to say you are out of luck.

It's going to be hard to fit anything in the EX2, it's just so thin, there is no space to fit a decent mod.

maybe time to invest on a decent stick?

16. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

IMO after market pads are easier to work with, but I agree with Matteo too, there's not much room to work with. If you can find a cheap used control pad, try that...