1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who are the top tiers of VF 4 EVO?

Discussion in 'General' started by FatalRose, Feb 21, 2004.

1. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

who are the best fighters in VF 4 evolution? you can put them in order or just name them as they come to mind. oh yea and who are the low tiers? i really am interested in hearing the opinons of the Vf experts on this forum.

2. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Highest - Everybody but Brad
    Lowest - Brad

3. FatalRose

[ QUOTE ]
    BMF said:

Highest - Everybody but Brad
    Lowest - Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! So Brad really sucks?

4. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG
    The general consensus is that Brad and Jeffry are lowest tiers. Akira/Kage/Jacky/Lau are generally accepted as the highest.

Of course it's hard to find a group of people who will agree on tiers in Evo, so I guess it's personal opinion in the end.

5. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

No...Lei, Pai, Sarah, Aoi, and Vanessa are generally accepted to be the highest.

6. Lingoon

Lingoon Well-Known Member

But in the end the differences are so small in Evo that you can just forget all this tier nonsense. Fun thing to discuss, but won't take us anywhere really. This is VF4evo.

7. AmunRa

AmunRa Active Member

do the top tiers in evo appear regularly at the tournaments like absolution? i'm strapped for cash now(since i go to art collage) but i'd really like to try my luck in a tournament. i'd be nice to face a champion of vf4(not that i expect to come out on top.) /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

kage
    kage
    kage

9. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

tournaments seem to favor akira/kage/lau, but there is no exclusively 'best' or 'worst' characters

10. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

really so who would u bet on to win in a match of Kage vs Goh?

11. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    BMF said:

No...Lei, Pai, Sarah, Aoi, and Vanessa are generally accepted to be the highest.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Japan, their tiers are considered very different to Western Tiers.

12. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

except that lei is still the best here 2 /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    archangel said:

really so who would u bet on to win in a match of Kage vs Goh?

[/ QUOTE ]

bet on the player not the character. You cant compare just characters without looking at who's playing them.

but i'd bet on kage

14. FatalRose

i honestly feel that jacky is the best.

15. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Jacky? Nah. In version C that would be a legitimate choice, but he get toned down a lot in evo. He is very good though.

16. stpROCK

stpROCK Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Maldarak
    XBL:
    Ad4M
    Its just a feeling that many people think Akira, Lau, Kage , Jacky and Pai are supposed to be "TOp-Tiers". But for me this Tierlist-thing isn`t really necessary, especially here....u know i hear a lot of people sayin`but hes ranked 3rd in the tierlist and so on, trying to say more or less indirectly that they lost because you played with a high-ranked Toptier. It seems pretty clear that most of the people in this forum know that every character is beatable with every character without some kind of unfairness caused by a higher toptier-situation. Losses can make u say horrible things sometimes....

17. AJQ

AJQ New Member

What about lion guys?. He is indeed very good, anyway taking an example of Akira, he has a lot of disavantages, for example, almost all his moves are mid, which is meat for a caracter with counters, his rising attacks are half spin, so its easy to rush him down, no full spin attacks, only 2 half ones, so its easy to evade, and it takes alot of effort to use him properly. I 'll say without order that, akira, lion, jacky, lau, pai,. aoi and lei fei are the best. But my way of think is this, caracters do not move alone, the most important thing is the player, this is not true in mvc2, but VFevo is very very balanced game, remeber ladies, there are no top tiers, only top players.

P.D

Myke, great job at evolution 2003, and thanks for the site, you are the man, i am working in a combo video, with high damege bounce combos, for example 5[K]+[G] cancel in 1 frame in one combo, i 'll send it to you and if you like i'll post it exclusive in your site. One question, at evo2k3, does Ohsu Akira was using ps2 controller or an arcade stick?

AJ

legumelad likes this.
  18. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

It's my understanding that most Japanese players don't know how to play with a controller.

legumelad likes this.
  19. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

they do /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

but sticks are easier and less frustrating.

20. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

top i would have to say Akira/Jacky/Kage
    if kage didnt have ring out potential i would of said pai instead of him
    but the reason i think thos are 3are the top is cos people have played them for so long so they hav the expirence and instinct while playing to use them effectively!!!
    playing people against some one new like gou would be hard at 1st as his moves seam slow (but aint) but when u get used to his sillyness you'll bang him up
    same with vanessa and lei fei

its like super sf2x, i could be playing a expert ryu or ken but if i use vega(spain) i would hav priority over ryu/ken

like how akira bangs up sarah
    anyways i dont think there really is much difference in vf evo now, you still can take advantage of certain liberty moves your player has (vanessas ff+k???)
    i think its all about the ability to control you oponant:)