1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

who n here likes rap???

Discussion in 'General' started by blackshadow, Apr 18, 2002.

1. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

rap is some tight ass music the best in my opinion jus wondering if yall shared the same prefrence

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Well, I love hip hop culture in general, which includes rapping.

3. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Im into rap but not the MTV BS.

4. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Hey any of you guys heard of "ILL Latin Squad"? just wondering, they're out of MIAMI. later

5. Shadowdean

Check stuff like killah priest, KRS-ONE, mc paul barman.....

6. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

old school, underground and hip hop..... i don't like the *POP* rap which mostly are mainstream (gangstar, and stupid materialistic crap)... check out some Eric B. and Rakim, and Jurassic 5

7. Shadowdean

gangstar is mainstream? wtf????

8. MotherTrucker

MotherTrucker Member

Dilated Peoples. Beat Junkies.When worst comes to worst my peoples come first! That's real hip-hop. But I still like the mainstream shit. The girls love dancing to that shit. So what they love I love also. =P

9. MotherTrucker

MotherTrucker Member

Dilated Peoples. Beat Junkies.When worst comes to worst my peoples come first! That's real hip-hop. But I still like the mainstream shit. The girls love dancing to that shit. So what they love I love also. =P BTW, what are you guys listening too?

10. plan17

plan17 Active Member

Not me

i can't stand it. Sadly. Cause everyone loves it these days. I feel so out of it.

11. Shadowdean

Re: Not me

what you said actually is a huge pet peeve of mine. Oh my god "x" band is popular now so they suck??!! What the fuck is that about? I always dream of having the "underground/non popular" bands/groups I like blowing up, just as long as they don't loose themselves in it.
    Dialated Peoples has the best bang for the buck album this year.

12. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

I think he meant Gangster rap not the group Gangstarr cuz they definitely arent mainstream.

13. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

yea gangster rap that's what i meant... there are some mainstream that do sound coo but not very many.... i prefer old school and underground as well as freestyle and poetic/creative rap songs....i enjoy mostly rap that you can breakdance to (other than funk and dj music) hehe the song may not have clean lyrics but if it sounds coo i'd atleast give it a listen then decide on it. Heiroglyphics is a good underground rap group.

14. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

They dont even try in rap nowadays. Cmon' "Yaaayayayayaaaaa" What the heck is that? Some stuff comes out good but its rare now. They got these platnum bling guys just throwing out garbage now. I cant stand it. Everything up to Mid 90's was good.

15. blackshadow

i listen to a lot of wu-tang clan people that roll with them on thier albums n shit black knights, killah priest, north star etc etc i like shyheim he got some tight beats and songs on their cd's n shit then tupac big l biggy rakeem i've heard he aight i listen to a lot but some of that new shit is wak they come out wit beats that are phat but cant rhyme wit them o and dmx he waz my first rapper i really started listenin to

16. Shadowdean

Killah priest is one of my favorite artists right now...he is so under-appreciated it is not even funny...
    DMX - talk about a sad crash..his first album (and to an extenet - his second) were excellent, everything after that is dog shit really...his last cd had 1 excellent song (Damnien III) and one other where he is talking to his grandparents.

17. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I listened to Rap in Jr. High, but really can't stand it now. I mean I can listen to old Run DMC, NWA or P.E.'s first two records or Beastie Boys first two records, but only because they have sentimental value to me. Rap is partly responsible for turning a lot of people into pretentious morons, for real dawg. That is not da bomb. Booty wack.

I'd rather hear punk bands or indie rock or even old country guys. Besides, I don't bootie dance and I don't like to hear BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM all the time. Besides, do you remember back in 1993 when even the soccer moms were telling that "Deez Nuts" joke? (Shudder)

18. blackshadow

yeh the deez nuts jokes were horrible and the saddest thing spawned from rap but its still good

19. Shadowdean

Does anybody here know what happened to Prince Paul? He put out a solo project after De La Soul and then Gravediggaz...but I've not seen or heard anything from him,

20. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Um, I know De La Soul was at DEMF last year but mabey they were just together for that one event.