1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's your Boogeyman?

Discussion in 'General' started by Modelah, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    Dunno the right term for them but you know who they are...
    there are players whose style and tactics you know well, so when you have a match you know exactly how you are going to take care of them except that... they always end up kicking your ass instead.

There's a Shun player running around here, I know how he plays and what he's probably gonna do next. I think I should be able to beat him but I can never seem to get the better of him... definitely my Boogeyman. Dude is making me lose my hair.;)

Anyone else here have a Boogeyman?

2. Valakrie

Valakrie Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Valakrie_2041
    This thread is funny. Honestly at the moment, my boogeyman list has dwindled a bit (thank goodness), but there are some people that I still just can't beat. First and foremost I'm going to have to say Exzety's and Elite's Kages. The character alone is my arch nemesis, so in the hands of really good players he can just be a pain in the ass.

My next one would be Pana because, I have a good idea of how he is going to play every time but still catches me with the same delayed strings and moves.I would also put Non_Drifter in this category because, I know that he likes to rely on that annoying staggering low that Lei Fei has from one of his stances - but I rarely get out of it. I don't know, it just takes my brain time to adjust once getting hit by that move, not quite the same as that staggering mid kick that he has. Not only that, at the time I used to have a terrible tendency to rely on standing P a as kind of "starter" move to interrupt things and put myself at an advantage. When you are fighting the auto-pilot sabaki hero, probably not a good idea.

Third, I'm going to have to say Kingo's Aoi. Granted, we typically have a so-so connection, but even I can see the results if the connection were to be any better. It's one thing fighting Jacky or any other character, but when fighting an Aoi as good as Kingo's (who has the same variety in defense options as I, mind you), I can't help but to hate my own character at times.

Finally, pretty much most Shun players of any rank/skill level. Particularly a player named Derriah who likes to rely on gimmicky moves that evade my mids and highs. Wish I could just have a 1-on-1 session with a Shun player like him so that I could put that that old gimmick box to rest.

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  3. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I only have 5
    5.iSergent (Amazing Akira player from mexico)
    4.YANG SZE
    3.Motor City Jacky
    2.Risen Glory
    1.Any Shun, or Taka player that knows what they're doing

Everyone else is fair game for me.

4. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Awww im not one? Im offended =(

Ill be expecting you to rape me the next time we play then??? ;)

As for mine, I dont have one lol

EvenPit likes this.
  5. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    JCblack333

Pai~Chun likes this.
  6. EvenPit

LoL no what I ment was anyone at or around my skill level is fair game for me you can choose whoever you want to dance over me- except Eileen sorry I refuse to loose to Eileens' anymore.

7. G1 TinTin

G1 TinTin Well-Known Member

XBL:
    G1 T i n T i n
    Sekaijin USA
    None Other
    Masa Red

8. Andramelech

Andramelech Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Andramelech
    In special sparring there's a character named jcblack and he says "Mash it up!!" Coincidence?

oneida likes this.
  9. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I am surprised I am not on your list either you did mention on a few occasions that I seem to have a playstyle that counters to your style when I play Pai. I personally can't think of anyone specific either I don't focus on the player and more on the styles people use on me. If I do think of anyone I will mention it

10. EvenPit

I completely forgot about you Shadoolord

11. EvenPit

Took care of that

IMG_20121229_194011.jpg

Pai~Chun likes this.
  12. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    I have only one person on my list, and it is:
    Me.
    Because when I fuck up, it's my fault, not just that "I can't beat him wtf :cry:"; if you lost, you do something wrong even if you think you don't. If you think you have a clear tactic of taking care of the enemy, and you still loose, then this tactic sucks. That's my way.

Genesis, Chibiaya, VFnumbers and 3 others like this.
  13. EastBayKage

EastBayKage Well-Known Member

PSN:
    EastBayKage
    Airegin...:confused:

14. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    [​IMG]

Because he's allowing me to make only one mistake per round. One mistake and I can say goodbye to half of my energy bar. I suspect that Unicorn's Wolf lives under my bed:p

15. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    i was joking when i said jcblack. in all seriousness though i would say stl tm or gentlemen thief.

EvenPit likes this.
  16. EvenPit

Oh damn beat the guy up for nothing lol

17. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    1. Jacky
    2. Jacky
    3. Jacky
    4. Rodnutz
    5. Elite
    6. Pana

EvenPit likes this.
  18. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    Plague.

I can usually handle Akira players. His style I can't. After almost three years of on and offline play, that guy still destroys me.

IcKY99 likes this.
  19. Aoi_Pai

Aoi_Pai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xBad_Girl_69x
    jean x.x ( NAME- CWP then a bunch of numbers) , player he's only a shatterer but I dont know, you know there's just some people you cant seem to beat lol. mind you i have won twice out of 89 lol, but im not like most players even if i know i cant win i still have the fighting chance so i keep going even if cwp did take me down twice but i always go back up but cant see to get past destoryer lol

20. EvenPit

Ok I'ma have to edit my list cause as of late my current list above isn't quite accurate anymore so here goes.

5. Cooladdy (I know I should be ashamed)
    4. STN Cozby
    3. Shadoolord1979
    2.BLACSEPTEMBER
    1.Chief Flash (dont think I forgot bout you!)

thats my list 4 2013