1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Winning streak will be reset??

Discussion in 'Console' started by JingHungDong, Aug 14, 2004.

1. JingHungDong

JingHungDong New Member

What’s up with that? Winning streak will be reset. Please forgive my newness, im a 37-year-old dad who has commandeered my sons VF4 evo for PS2 from him.. and there are some annoying things..I’d like to share...so you all can tell me im full of crap. Or maybe not. The "winning streak will be reset" warning makes me feel like im screwing myself every time I say yes!! Reset it then! See if I care!! And as it stands, im an 8th Dan with shun. He’s the only character I’ve played. He reminds me of me. So I’m into this Sega World East arcade looking to beat a number 6 champion and I’m wondering: does the AI play faster than is ever possible for a human player to play? Or if I somehow make it to Hunter level will I be able to play so fast cause no matter how much I practice.. I cannot input commands as fast as they move. Or do the PS2 controllers just suck? I end blocking a lot looking for guaranteed throw moves to capitolize on. Are some VF4 characters able to escape throws after they do a guaranteed throw move? Like some of them have the ability to dematerialize their heads and shoulders so my hands pass right through them when I grab for my throw? Also, do some characters have the ability to block with their backs turned to me, like they have the ability to momentarily dematerialize their backs so my fists go right through them so I can just be wasted in the next step by some huge combo they throw at me? If so tell me, I want to play with a character like that. My shun on the other hand apparentlly can be struck in his bad breath that floats out a foot or two in front of him. Yes? No? I cant find anything about that anywhere, but I keep getting hit by this AI when their hands or feet appear to be a good heads distance away from me... I hate that. Then when I hang to watch the replay, it’s always using a camera angle that completely obscures the foul. Also, is it my imagination or when I’m standing there guarding, and I continue to hold guard and input direction commands does the AI respond to those inputs?? Im almost sure it does, because I’m able to entice them this way like 70% of the time. Still, it’s annoying. Is it just not possible to create a competitive AI without pulling BULLSHIT tactics like these? Or is this all in my frustrated imagination? At least I dont feel so bad when I lose.. because I dont feel like it’s exactly a fair fight. Not that an 8th dan against a hunter SHOULD be fair mind you. Still in the end.. my nephew who is 8 and a total button masher is harder to beat than this advance AI on meth is. Heh thanks for allowing me the rant. <font color="blue"> </font>

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I fucked up the thread moving. Posted by Nolte:

[ QUOTE ]
    JingHungDong said:

1. I cannot input commands as fast as they move. Or do the PS2 controllers just suck?

2. Is it just not possible to create a competitive AI without pulling BULLSHIT tactics like these? Or is this all in my frustrated imagination? <font color="blue"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The moves take time before they execute. when you first try to play, it feels like the game is slow motion because of this. many 3d games are like this.

2. The computer cheats.