1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

wolf questions.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by bfnh, Mar 28, 2002.

1. bfnh

bfnh Member

PSN:
    bfnh
    on his evading throw:: (u/d) p+k+g
    what is the correct input to reverse it?
    how much damage does wolf take when it is reversed?
    how much damage does wolf do for the 3 different grabs (front=overhead belly to belly), side (leg trip), back (german suplex)?
    is it true that you can just duck it to "escape" getting thrown?

i am using the b,f+k+g as an alternative close pounce. it seems to have pretty good priority after moves like d/f+p+g when the opponent tries a rising attack. do you know of any other moves for him or other players (i think jeffry's b,f+k hits opponents on the ground) that aren't traditional pounces but yield good results?

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

what is the correct input to reverse it?

b+P+G or f+P+G

how much damage does wolf do for the 3 different grabs (front=overhead belly to belly), side (leg trip), back (german suplex)?

Probably the same as his normal throws with the same animation (40-70 points). You can test this yourself on the PS2 though.

is it true that you can just duck it to "escape" getting thrown?

It's classified as a high catch throw so....

i am using the b,f+k+g as an alternative close pounce. it seems to have pretty good priority after moves like d/f+p+g when the opponent tries a rising attack. do you know of any other moves for him or other players (i think jeffry's b,f+k hits opponents on the ground) that aren't traditional pounces but yield good results?

There are many.

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: alternate pounces

Jeff, Aoi and Pai can use u+K+G

I think Lion's b,f+K+G

4. bfnh

bfnh Member

PSN:
    bfnh
    damage.

did a lil' testing on the ps2 in free training, the evade will net you 60 in the front, 50 on the side and a nasty 70 if you can slide behind your opponent.

i notice this (getting the german suplex from behind) happen against lei fei, vanessa and pai when my opponents have decided to go beserk with thier rushing combos. afterwards, the pounce has been fairly regular.

the b,f+k+g is 18 damage on a downed opponent. better than the 15 from an elbow drop. because of it's slow startup, sometimes you will get a MC against foes who attempt rising attacks (i noticed the yellow flash happening fairly often). haven't had the chance to see what the damage is if it does connect as a MC.

5. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Re: damage.

Actually, the u|d+P+K+G will only do 60 points. Sometimes you will end up with a regular P+G throw (40), a side throw for 50, or a back throw for 70.

Be careful throwing out pounces like that. Sure, the CPU may eat them but a human will struggle out of it quite easily. The only times a pounce is guaranteed is when you hit with b+P (in air or normally), after a hcb+P+G,P+G (I think), or after an un-techrolled KS throw. In the case of an un-techrolled u|d+P+K+G, you can go for a front roll kick (b,f+K+G) to add a bit of damage. It's struggleable but seems pretty successful against humans from time to time.

The dodging throw is a great move, but try not to abuse it too much. Good players will easily escape it as it's execution is a hefty 29 frames. That's loads of time to get it on reaction. It's best used, imo, in quick pressure situations like just as you get up from a tech roll and your opponent is pressing hard.

cheers,