1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf quick guide (PDF)

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Unicorn, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Hey all,
    I created this quick reference guide for Wolf... Hope it will help you; I personally found it useful in printed version as quick reminder about your options vs specific character before the game; and to memorize my options vs different opponents.

2. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

This is a great idea.

A quick fix -

[4][K]+[G] should be in 16f punishers, it's 1f faster in FS.

3. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    A very nice guide, props for being portable for mobile phones and such.

Maybe a similar one should me made for all characters?

4. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    If this could be done for all characters, I will write a jacky one! Let me know if youre interested in doing that

5. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I was thinkin about putting 4k+g in punishement, but in the end I decide to skip it here... Personally I am not using it - 1st because you need to not fail the JF hitthrow (that is not that hard) and 2nd because the followup can be escaped, so you do not have guaranteed damage, just 33/66 guessing game.
    But if you really think it is worth it, I can put it there..?
    If you will tell me how to do it, it can be made. But I really do not know anything about this :(
    That will be nice :)
    If you will make any use of my source (it is written in html and through prints converted into PDF - only way I was able to come with), let me know. I will send it to you.

6. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    What I meant was that it already is. At least my phone can read PDF files. The main idea is that it's a file instead of being online on a forum for example, so it can be looked up every time even without internet.

7. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Ah!
    Then GG by me! :D

No, really. The file idea is because of "print it and bring it with yourself" idea :) Never think about people with new phones being able to store/read PDF files directly, but it sounds cool

8. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Given the low damage of the other options, it's worth having IMO. A lot of sweeps that recover low have been standardized to -16. I agree that vs. standing -16 should probably be punished with [4][P].

9. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    OK. I will still probably use 624PP over 4K+g personally, but I can see you reasoning.
    v1.0.1 released - few minor mistakes corrected, 4k+g added as 16-frame punishement and few more minor changes made.