1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Woo hoo! Site is finally updated!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ice-9, Dec 12, 1999.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Yup yup! I also have some new stuff up there...check it out.

<a href=http://virtuafighter.com>Hop to the index page to take a look...</a>

ice-9 | Sennin

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Is the Adam vs Andy movie the BOMB or what?! I think adding music really makes a huuuge difference...

ice-9 | Sennin

3. Guest

Guest Guest

huh, nice song, but i donno whether it fits or not heheh.
    jeff care to tell us about this new asf standard (pros/cons?)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: LvK

jeff care to tell us about this new asf standard (pros/cons?)

lol. the music's totally awesome though. I liked the pictures too.

before anyone downloads the lion vs. kage clip, be aware that this doesn't represent "how the game is supposed to be played" so to speak:

[now edited with Hyun's corrections]

Round 1 begins with two uninspired low kicks from Lion (me) which Kage (Hyun) blocks. whereupon Lion stands up and gets thrown (b,d+P+G). Heel swat, Lion stands with a straight high riser, Kage dodges, Lion eats a flipkick. Lion gets up, tumbles toward Kage (u/f+K) while Kage's hands twitch (high punch reversal), then Kage flips over Lion, Lion ducks, and Kage completes the match with a double DP heel swat finisher.

Round 2 begins with a dodge by Lion, which Kage reacts to intuitively with a high punch reversal. Lion (naturally) does u+KK after his dodge (regardless of the situation) and Kage is knocked down while his hands are twitching. high pounce, Kage gets up, Lion swoops in with d/f+K+G, Kage is knocked down while dancing, Lion sidekicks the air (bad diagonals, bad). No worries, Kage gets up with a low riser, Lion hops over it with u+KK. High pounce up hill, Kage rolls away so the high pounce still connects. Kage stands with a high riser, Lion (at a lower elevation) evades with d/b+PP. end of match.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: BGM

Is the Adam vs Andy movie the BOMB or what?! I think adding music really makes a huuuge difference...

Yeah, around 3 megabytes difference? :) But seriously, I thought it was a great movie, so thanks to whoever was responsible for putting it together! Nice game by Adam and Andy, too!

I think I'd have to agree with Mike when I question the background music's relevance. The tinny and boppy tunes of jpop have it's place -- and it's not in VF, dammit! /images/icons/wink.gif Was it just me, or would Ricky Martin's "Shake your bonbon" fit PERFECTLY as the bgm to the Adam/Andy movie? haha! (silly joke)

The BGM to Godeater's VF1 Jeff tribute.. now that was something!

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Heheheh...well I thought the whole thing had a very plasticky J-pop feel, which made the clip amusing to watch. The movie was created courtesy of Andy and Adam, so the kudos goes out to them!!

As for the .asf standard, it's from Netshow.

It's access time isn't nearly as good as an .mpg or .avi file, but the durn format compresses a LOT of space. All the...uh...feature length movies floating around the Net nowadays all use this format.

ice-9 | Sennin

7. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

Yeah...props to Andy for being kooky enough to put the thing together! Heheheh, i thought the fast jpop tune fit the fast movement of the match (if youve played andy's pai, he seems to pretty much control the pace of a match with his kerrrazy "blitz-krieg" tactics ^_^)
    I also thought that GODEATERS productions was the shit!!! The music was so damn kool...it was he who INSPIRED crewNYC to put that little number together. GOD-EAT-GOD Productions... we await your next piece with baited breath!!

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

I also thought that GODEATERS productions was the shit!!! The music was so damn kool...

Godeater definitely has set a high standard in terms of video presentation, but I have to question his choice of bgm for the T2K trailer. What was up with those hillbilly tunes, pa? /images/icons/smile.gif

I really loved the fade-out just as Wolf begins to Giant Swing Jacky though. Beautiful touch!

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Peter, that was not a whiffed throw, it was another whiffed reversal. (Although it doesn't it make any less stupid.)

You are right there are tons of bad things going on but there are many interesting things (and interesting looking things) packed into mere 25 seconds of play. That's why I choose to digitize it.

BTW, I did double DP because I did see you trying to duck, which would have foiled my standard f+P+G combo (DP, f,f+K, heel swat).

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

BTW, I did double DP because I did see you trying to duck, which would have foiled my standard f+P+G combo (DP, f,f+K, heel swat).

You mean you anticipated a crouch? Judging by the clip, there was no way you actually had time to see Peter duck and then do a DP. From the clip (maybe some frames were cut out accidentally during compression, I don't know) it seems as though you buffered in the DP after f+P+G. Also, you do know that typically if the opponent ducks a double DP combo does not work. The only reason why your second DP worked in the match was because there was slight angulation.

ice-9 | Sennin