1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses / Shin Duel monsters

Discussion in 'General' started by Elite, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Anyone play this? I'm looking for card passwords (not the obvious ones that are posted all over) Blue Eyes White Dragon would be nice. This will probably rot but oh well, it was worth a shot....

2. Dark_Bandana

Dark_Bandana Well-Known Member

This any Good:
    Ancient Tree Of Enlightenment - EKJHQ109
    Aqua Dragon - JXCB6FU7
    Barrel Dragon - GTJXSBJ7
    Beast King Of The Swamp - QXNTQPAX
    Birdface - N54T4TY5
    Blast Sphere - CZN5GD2X
    Change Of Heart - SBYDQM8B
    Crush Card - SRA7L5YR
    Dark Hole - UMJ10MQB
    Dragonseeker - 81EZCH8B
    Earthshaker - Y34PN1SV
    Elf's Light - E5G3NRAD
    Exodia's Head - 37689434
    Fairy King Trusdale - YF07QVEZ
    Fairy's Gift - NVE7A3EZ
    Goblin Fan - 92886423
    Gravity Bind - 0HNFG9WX
    Greenkappa - YBJMCD6Z
    Harpy's Feather Sweep - 8HJHQPNP
    Horn Of The Unicorn - S14FGKQ1
    Left Arm Of Exodia - A5CF6HSH
    Magician Of Faith - GME1S3UM
    Meteor Dragon - 86985631
    Mimicat - 69YDQM85
    Mirror Wall - 53297534
    Mystical Capture Chains - N1NDJMQ3
    Robotic Knight - S5S7NKNH
    Royal Decree - 8TETQHE1
    Seiyaryu - 2H4D85J7
    Serpentine Princess - UMQ3WZUZ
    Slate Warrior - 73153736
    Swordsman From A Foreign Land - CZ81UVGR
    Swordstalker - AH0PSHEB
    Tactical warrior - 054TC727

3. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Cheers anyway, but those are the super common ones that are posted all over the place.

At least you tried eh? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Hey, a fellow duelist. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif How many different cards do you have? I'm up to 798. I can't seem to acquire any of the ritual monsters (not the rituals, the actual cards). I would also LOVE to get a Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth. I've got a great moth deck. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    You don't get the ritual monster cards or the perfectly ultimate card. With the rituals you just perform the requirments and it "makes" the monster for you.

Same with perfectly ultimate, after you equip one of the bugs with coccoon of evolution and leave it in face up defense position for 6 turns it "makes" the card for you.

Not sure how many cards I've got, 1000+ I think.

6. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Actually, there is no way you have 1000+ DIFFERENT cards. There are only 850-something (I have several thousand cards, but only 798 different ones). The rituals and perfect moth are a given, but if you look at the ritualized monsters cards in the library you will see they have actual card numbers and deck costs and I have seen too many screen shots of players with all 853 (not counting exodia) cards. So there MUST be a way to get those cards. The only card that I know you can't get is Exodia. And I must say that his summon is rather weak.

7. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    I don't know how many different cards I have, I thought you meant altogether. I'll check when I get home.

I'm fairly sure you can't get ritual monster cards or perfectly ultimate otherwise there would be no need to bother with the rituals. The only thing I can think of is maybe after you use a ritual it puts the monster in your deck as a non-playable card or something, but I use alot of perfectly ultimates so I think I'd have noticed.

8. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Don't sweat it, Elite. I've been playing for a while now and I haven't come across them either. I just thought someone might know of a way b/c there are other very rare cards that you only get through reincarnation and very specific card slot winnings. I think the main problem with this issue is that Konami is very tight-lipped about what you can and can't get and how. And let's be honest. Only us 'geeks' care. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for your original post, I found it very easy to get Blue-Eyes White Dragons. I have 9. And that's after I reincarnated several to get high level cards. Try this: If you have beaten both White and Red rose sides (and I presume you have) go into the versus mode and choose the edit map option. Put Labyrinth terrain on all your opponent's starting summon squares. This way, you will automatically win the duel just by passing up your turn with START. Now make a fake deck with Kumouri Dragon as the deck leader and go fight against yourself. When you win, the only card in the slots will be the Komouri Dragon. Line up three in a row and BEWD are soon to follow (there are other creatures that also give BEWD as rewards but I found this way the easiest.) Sure it's a little cheap, but Konami gives you the Edit Map option for completing both campaigns so they must have known this was possible maybe even encouraged.

9. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    If you do the edit map thing with the komouri dragons then wont the slot reels be full of fake traps and only 1 komouri dragon on each reel?

10. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Well, yeah but with only those two choices it is really easy to get three in a row. I'd say about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time. And since the matches are only 1 round long you can try and try and try and try and try and try and try and try and try and try and try and try and try and try and try and try and try. Plus it is an easy way to get many other cards even if you don't get a BEWD.

11. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Sounds decent.

While I'm here, what cards/strategy do you use for your main deck? The ones I can remember from mine are....

Acid Crawler x 2 and Needle Worm
    Coccoon of Evolution x 3
    Greenkappa
    Slate Warrior x 3
    Aqua Dragon
    Skull Knight
    Robotic Knight x 2
    Slot Machine x 2
    Barrel Dragon
    Machine King
    Zoa
    Metalmorph
    Red Eyes Black Dragon
    Wasteland
    Solomons Lawbook
    Darkness Approaches
    Mirror Wall

Deck Leader = Tactical Warrior (really good destiny draw rate)

Plus the usual traps, monster reborn, graverobber etc etc

12. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't remember what my deck consists of exactly (haven't played in a long time. no new cards = no new fun) but I do remember that it was a moth deck that consisted of only insects. I had forests to change terrain to my liking, all the Cocoon of Evolution creatures, every single Insect power-up I can put into it and the strongest insects to protect my hatchlings until they were full grown. Of course, Mirror wall, Graverobber and the like were thrown in for extra comfort, but I really never needed them. (a Bug Spray spell would easily kill my deck, but the computer doesn't have it and I don't have any human opponents so...) I picked up the VERY useful habit of emptying the majority of my hand almost every turn. While this sounds like a waste, you always get to the cards you really want to use quickly and absolutely demolish the opposition. I've never gotten a Destiny Draw b/c I've never been in a position to need it. That's right. Perfect win record with no cheating. I'm not bragging, the game is just too easy. I usually drum up a few moths and purposely drain the computer's deck of cards. Then I sit back and just waste turns until my turn 00 comes up. Then, I kill the leader and collect my hefty experience reward. Not even Seto's BEUD can stand up to a properly developed Great Moth.

Seto/Yugi/Manddwyngodndfdfkjwhatever get a Destiny Draw against me at least half of the time but still they can't manage to top this deck. (Mostly b/c they always get Mirror Force or Raigeki and I don't play into that trap)

13. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

PS. Also, every deck I make consists of at least 6000 points of extra life (which isn't hard to do) and 3 paralyzing potions. I just put my LP out of reach of the opponent and paralyze anything that poses a threat. Easy as 123.

14. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Ah I see, I play my brother more than I play the CPU and his deck is built for direct damage (just desserts, tremendous fire, graverobber) so sitting back doesn't really work against him. My monsters are mostly diff types since he could just put the appropriate card in his deck to destroy all my cards in one turn. Although I do have alot of machines so stain storm would hurt me.

I can see how it would become boring without human competition since the CPU isn't exactly a challenge. It's pretty stupid since kaiba would be quite hard to beat if he actually used his deck leader's movement bonus instead of just sitting on the same square the whole match.

By the way, any tips on getting Toon Summoned Skull? My C deck is toon based. Also am I right in thinking there's no Toon BEWD on this game?

15. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Yeah, no toon BEWD. I'm not a Yu-Gi-Oh fan at all, so I didn't even know that there was such a thing. Once I saw it though, I thought it would have been really cool in the game. I play Magic:the gathering and my roommate told me how this game was the closest thing to it on PS2 so I bought it. Not quite the same, but it'll do.

Yeah, no human opponents SUCKS. Moreso for VF. I really would like to play something besides the VF AI even if it means I get beaten so bad I shit my pants.

As for direct damage decks (which I have too), a lot of LP gaining creatures/spells will do wonders. Play Pegasus w/ a life gaining deck and you'll see. I also would use plenty of the otherwise worthless magic cancelling traps. Also anything that empties the graveyards is an obvious choice.

16. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Toon Summoned Skull, hmm. I don't remember purposely trying to get him (I don't care for the toons very much) but I do know that a lot of cards will give you him in the slot reels. Again, I have nine and I never actively sought him out.

17. Dark_Bandana

Dark_Bandana Well-Known Member

wIll the blue eyes ultimate dragon do any good?

18. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    What about it? The code?