1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

神 "God" Ranks Statistics of the VF5FS Arcade Version

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Jun 18, 2013.

By akai on Jun 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    On Sega's official Virtua Fighter twitter account, the current number of "God" ranked VF5FS cards were posted. The information is current as of May 27, 2013, for the arcade version of the game. The God-ranked titles are equivalent to the Lord-ranked titles (Stormlord, Magmalord, and Skylord) from the console version. One difference between the arcade and console version of the game is two additional God-ranked titles. These two titles were added to the arcade version of the game immediately after the console version was released.

rank.jpg

1. 轟雷神 – Gouraishin (Stormlord)
    2. 爆焔神– Bakuenshin (Magmalord)
    3. 天翔神– Tenshoushin (Skylord)
    4. 幻冥神– Genmeishin (Dark Phantom God) (rough translation)
    5. 超煌 – Choukoushin (Shining Ultra God) (rough translation)

For those that have watched matches from Japan, you may be surprised to see there are currently 55 VF5FS cards with Tenshoushin rank or higher. Out of those 55 current VF5FS cards, it is believed only two of them were "legitimately gained." Those two are the Tenshoushin-ranked Itoshun (Brad) and the Tenshoushin-ranked Gorgeous (Goh). Others that have previously reached Tenshoushin-ranked but lost them in a ranking battle included Joseph (Akira) and Sarudera (Paidaman, Jacky).

The information in the chart was taken from @vf_official twitter account. Additional information from Kamaage and Shou.

Shinobi, Unicorn, Ylyon and 3 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Jun 18, 2013.

1. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      Of the 55 Tenshoushin ranks, only 2 are legitimate? How were the other 53 gained? Did they boost or something?

Interesting stats though...
    2. Tricky
      Tricky
      Even JP players boost. 53 fake ranked cards though, that's a lot!
    3. Alstein
      Alstein
      How can you boost in an arcade, you put in both machines and play? That's got to be like a whole year's salary for some folks!
      Tricky likes this.
    4. Daydream
      Daydream
      I got mine on ebay. The ladies love it.
      jimi Claymore, DomAug, Ellis and 2 others like this.
    5. Tricky
      Tricky
      Mention the word Tenshoushin to the ladies and the panties drop.
    6. EvenPit
      EvenPit
      All these fire and storm snow lord and god ranks flying around now im just waiting for a rank just simply named "God".
      Mr. Goggles and Ellis like this.
    7. El_Twelve
      El_Twelve
      When I was in Japan, I actually did see replays of people boosting on the VF.TV terminals. Standard fare of one guy jumping out the ring or standing there letting himself get hit.

If you're an arcade owner though, it's easy to just add extra credits to the machine to do stuff like that. (although I'd imagine Sega would still take their cut of every credit depending on how the sales records are done.)
    8. akai
      akai
      Supposedly only the "rich" people gets those VF cards with Tenshoushin or higher ranks, since gaining rank at the God level is only against other cards of the same identical rank.

An estimate of how many VF cards one would need to boost...

轟雷神 -> 爆焔神 10 straight wins for promotion (?), 3-game losing streak for demotion...a single person would need 5 VF Cards of 轟雷神 rank to self boost quickly.
      爆焔神 -> 天翔神 15 straight wins for promotion (?), 3-game losing streak for demotion...a single person would need 6 VF Cards of 爆焔神 rank to self boost quickly.
      天翔神 -> 幻冥神 20 straight wins for promotion[FONT=SimSun][FONT=SimSun][SIZE=4][FONT=SimSun][FONT=SimSun][FONT=SimSun][SIZE=4][FONT=SimSun][SIZE=4][FONT=SimSun][FONT=SimSun][FONT=SimSun][FONT=trebuchet ms][SIZE=3] (?)[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT], 3-game losing streak for demotion...a single person would need 8 VF Cards of 天翔神 rank to self boost[FONT=SimSun][FONT=SimSun][SIZE=4][FONT=SimSun][FONT=SimSun][FONT=SimSun][SIZE=4][FONT=SimSun][SIZE=4][FONT=SimSun][FONT=SimSun][FONT=SimSun][SIZE=3][FONT=trebuchet ms] quickly.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
      幻冥神 -> 超煌 20 straight wins for promotion (?), 3-game losing streak for demotion...a single person would need 8 VF Cards of 幻冥神 rank to self boost quickly.
    9. biquiba
      biquiba
      Is this "Gorgeous" Goh player, that "Gorgeous Eileen" Eileen player? @_@
    10. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      Holy wow, you need 20 straight wins against someone of similar rank to get promoted? And only 3 for a demote?

Damn, you really have to EARN that title........or boost it apparently.....
    11. Darksoul173
      Darksoul173
      Yes
      Though he is using the screen name Reorao now(レオラオ)
    12. Aion
      Aion
      Any vids of the Genmeishin or Choukoushin ranks? Or names at least?
    13. Tricky
      Tricky

Wow straight wins. That's hard to pull off. No wonder there are so few legit ones.
    14. akai
      akai
      The straight wins might not be correct (rough translation by me), it could be a net score of +10 wins against same rankers; or it takes longer to get promoted by rank gauge. Still very difficult.

Aion - since no one legitimately gained those two ranks, I think those people are just ignored.
      Tricky likes this.
    15. synce
      synce
      Is this an accurate representation of popularity rankings in Japan? I'm more interested in seeing that personally
      Tricky likes this.
    16. SNAKE BOSS
      SNAKE BOSS
      That is why I dont care about ranks anymore, yea they might be fun to get and just shows the time put in to get them and I can respect that but it does not mean that they are better if they have a certain rank. What matters more is the practice and improving one self and each other and that I respect even more.
      Tricky likes this.
    17. Aion
      Aion
      Cool, I take it you've changed the way you play now?
    18. Alstein
      Alstein
      Vanilla VF5 on 360 had a similar ranking system. It drove players batty, and I'm sure some folks boosted there as well.