1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution: Brad and Goh Sections Open

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Aug 22, 2002.

By Myke on Aug 22, 2002 at 10:34 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The new Evolution characters, Brad Burns and Goh Hinogami have had their character pages added to the Virtua Fighter 4 section which can be accessed via the side navigation menu. Content is thin at this stage, so I've started things off with their Evolution Command Lists!

If anyone can provide official storylines to fill their profile, please let me know.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Aug 22, 2002.

1. CreeD
      CreeD
      from http://www5.lunartecs.ne.jp/~paranoia/vf4evo/index.html, courtesy of a post by devilrei a while back...

Anyways, there are character profiles available on here, and I haven't seen them anywhere else. So, needing some Japanese practice, I decided to attempt a translation and post it on here. If there are any errors, blame it on my mediocre Japanese skills.

Gou Hinogami
      Nationality: Unknown (Asian)
      Sex: Male
      Blood Type: AB
      Hobby: Collecting silver accessories
      Height: 176cm
      Weight: 66kg
      B/W/H: 105/79/85
      Style: Judo

J6 is an evil organization, therefore, there have been times when an informant from within aims to expose them.
      But within J6 exists an arm whose speciality is exterminating such traitors.
      In there, orphaned young boys and girls are captured and trained as perfect assassins; moreover, multiple assassin forces have been built up in this fashion. Serving under his commanding officer is an Asian youth.
      Gou Hinogami.
      His father was a judo expert chosen to go to the Olympics, but, a jealous friend whose career aspirations were unsuccessful murdered him, and Gou became an orphan. Soon after, the Organization found him, and trained him in assassination arts.
      Orders have come down to him from above. He will appear in the World Fighting Tournament, and will send the participants into dark oblivion...

Starting quotes:
      "Kita na... deha hajime yo ka" (You came... shall we begin?)
      "Mezawari da na... teme~ kara keshite yaru." (You're an eyesore... I'll get rid of you.)
      "Sukoshii dake asonde yaru ka" (Shall we play just a little?)

Win quotes
      (Bringing his face close) "Masateru to demo omotteiru no ka?" (A little confused on this. It's something like "Did you think I was superior?")
      "Teme~ yowasugiru na... korosu ki ni naranai ze..." (You're too pitiful... I can't think of killing you.)
      (Slanted camera angle, "Mekeinu ga... sonomama nemutteiro!" (You're a loser, and... you'll sleep in this state.)

Note that "teme~" is a pretty vulgar way of saying "you". He talks like a punk. This is the sort of character you love to hate.

Brad Burns
      Nationality: Italian (?!)
      Sex: Male
      Blood type: B
      Hobbies: Thrill-seeking, womanizing (oooh, an Italian Stallion. Har har har.)
      Height: 178cm
      Weight: 68kg
      B/W/H: 105/78/88
      Style: Kickboxing

*Still working on translating Brad's story. There's a sentence I'm having some problems with, but I'll try and get it done soon.*

Starting quotes:
      "Bring it on."
      "Hunting time."
      "How about a warm-up? Come on!"

Win quotes:
      "Checkmate."
      "Is that all you got? I was hoping for better than that."
      "I sting like a bee, bite like a tiger." (More lame half-assed Ali imitation?)
    2. Myke
      Myke
      Thanks CreeD, and specifically Zero-chan for the translations. Buried within her thread is the Brad storyline.

Both storylines have been added now. I'll be adding relevant notes from CreeD's Goh movelist (in the same thread) to the VFDC command list soon, mainly filling out the Sabaki and hit effect information.
    3. pltan
      pltan
      Yes it's only a game.....but does anyone else think it's a little strange that Goh (being an assassin) was trained in Judo?
    4. CreeD
      CreeD
      no.
      PS: news forum is for news.
    5. Slayer
      Slayer
      CreeD isn't Goh spelled with a h not a u?I'm just tellin you.Thanks for the info though. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif
    6. Guest
      Yeah thanks a lot CreeD.I really appericate it.
    7. CreeD
      CreeD
      If you had read the post, you would see that I didn't come up with any of that information, it came from a japanese site.

On the other hand, if I -had- made the spelling error and it was entirely my fault, then I'd probably tell you to shut your hole and find something useful to say in a post. So far you've contributed nothing, argued with mods about your need to spam, bitched back and forth with other repeat offenders, and made about 2000 "me too me too!" posts. If I didn't have the dubious honor of being a mod, who is generally expected to act more mature than the people he bitches out, I'd be all over your dumb ass like clear signals on a riceracer.

Thankfully you were really commenting on someone else's spelling error and not mine, and you're probably about 12 years old, so I'm gonna give you another (siiigh) warning about making worthless posts instead of jumping down your throat.
    8. BBBofTheBNV
      BBBofTheBNV
      Here is the real story on the new VF4 Evolution chars:

They are Tekken rejects. Uninspiring leftovers that should of been left on the cutting room floor. I respected the inclusion of Lei Fei, but these two are ridiculous. There is much more room to expand the VF universe, but not in such a rushed way to get a product out that isn't restricted by any windows. Bring better fighing styles, and while you are it Takarashi too!
      And they are calling this one an Evolution? More like Virtua Fighter 4 "Pollution"- by polluting Virtua Fighter with these crack-heads!
      <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1031130394BBBofTheBNV">

Are the new VF4 characters Tekken rejects/crackheads?
      <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>
      • <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Yes
    9. GLC
      GLC
      Way to go with your poll, retard.
    10. mcmoney5000
      mcmoney5000
      is VF4 evoluton coming to the ps2 /versus/images/icons/confused.gif
    11. GLC
      GLC
      Creed, just smack this thread leaving only the first two posts on :p
    12. CreeD
      CreeD
      Better yet, it should be locked, then moved far, far away. Unfortunately I'm powerless on this board.

To the newbies, post in the correct forums. PS2 VF4 and evo speculation can go in one of the virtua fighter forums, There's one called <font color="orange">console </font color> you'll notice. A console is like any video game playing device that's big, you know, like a PS2 or Xbox. Site news means news about the website, like announcements and stuff from the people who run the site.

I'm waiting for myke to relock this board /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    13. grynn
      grynn
      Just wanted to point out that Brad's reversal command is [1][P][K] and not [1][K]

Thanks for these movelists!
    14. Myke
      Myke
      </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
      Just wanted to point out that Brad's reversal command is [1][P]+[K] and not [1][K]

[/ QUOTE ]

Corrected. Thanks for that, grynn!
    15. jherb9000
      jherb9000
      Do you know where i can find some "good" goh videos...or if not any what so ever.
    16. Myke
      Myke
      </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
      Do you know where i can find some "good" goh videos...or if not any what so ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know that there's a Media board where people are constantly posting where to find the latest movies, and usually listing who's playing in them? The "Latest Evo Movies" thread is jam packed with links.