1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Arizona Virtua Fighter: Finally a Scene?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by DrDogg, May 17, 2012.

1. SF_Punker

SF_Punker Member

XBL:
    SF Punker
    I can't make any promises; we're planning on having sign ups for the VF5 tourney around the same time as the KOF tourney (2:30PM). Now, tournaments ALWAYS run late in my experience, so if you wanted to show up there's a good chance you'll make it on time if SF4 runs late. But I also don't know how many entrants I'll get (might fill up fast since its a free tourney, but maybe I overestimate people's willingness to play a game they're unfamiliar with even if it's free). Do you have access to this forum at work by chance? Maybe I could post updates an hour before the tourney is scheduled to start.

2. SF_Punker

SF_Punker Member

XBL:
    SF Punker
    Just a reminder of the tournament happening THIS Saturday the 28th. I've decided to go crazy and update the bounty prize, too.

Saturday, July 28, 2012
    University of Advancing Technology, room 206-207

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Tournament - Double Elimination
    -2 out of 3 games; Winners, Losers and Grand Finals 3 out of 5
    -Default Settings (Timer is 45 seconds; Default health is set to 220; matches are best out of 5 rounds)
    -Loser can change character and/or pick a random stage (cannot directly pick a stage of choice)
    -Only banned character is Dural
    -Console: XBox 360
    -First place will receive a $20 gift card, Second place will receive a $10 gift card.
    -BOUNTY Prize (Inspired by LA Akira): If you face SF Punker in the tournament, for every GAME you win off of him you will receive $5 Cash (Ex. Knock him into Losers = $10; lose the match but went 1-2 against him = $5)
    -Tournament entries will be capped at 16 players (due to only one set-up) so first to sign-up in person gets in

This is a side tournament to be held along side 3 other games on this day. Estimated time VF5 will start is 2:30 - 3PM. For full information, please check out the Facebook event page:

http://www.facebook.com/events/114603845350611/

3. SF_Punker

SF_Punker Member

XBL:
    SF Punker
    I'd like to thank everyone who came out and entered the VF5 tournament yesterday. Decent turnout for a free tournament where most people were there for AE, KOF or Marvel mainly. You can check out the bracket below:

http://challonge.com/mujiconvf5fs

GGs to all I faced in the tournament; really great matches and I was on my toes the whole time. I'm hoping to maybe run another side tournament in 2 weeks (Aug 11) at Mash Up (http://www.facebook.com/events/137807639690313/) so stay tuned for that. Thanks again to all!

4. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I wanted to be sure to invite Arizona as well

Location: 950 W. Sierra Madre Avenue, Azusa,CA (call me when you arrive for the apartment number)
    Day: Saturday, August 25th
    Time: 12pm - 12am (At least 5 Setups to play on)
    Casuals: 12pm - 8pm and 10pm - 12am
    Free Tournament: 8pm - 10pm, Top 3 will win Cash and 1st Place will receive an additional prize

Please bring consoles, monitors, and controllers, but most importantly yourself.
    Food and Drinks will be available

Streaming via Twitch.tv: VFsocal and VFsocal2 (yes 2 streams)

Brian
    626-533-8163
    XBL and PSN tag = VFsocal
    Email: brisal73@gmail.com
    Facebook Event Page

5. mattthew

mattthew New Member

HEY! I live in Phoenix and I am DESPERATELY trying to get some people together to play some VF5. It's mostly marvel and capcom stuff out here... which is OK... but seriously, nothing compare to VF.

WE NEED TO KEEP THIS GAME ALIVE!

So..... Anyone willing to do some VF5 GAMING?! I live in downtown Phoenix so PM me or message here if people are interested.

6. AzureWanderings

AzureWanderings Active Member

I live in the North Phoenix area. I'd like to get the chance to play other people offline.

7. SF_Punker

SF_Punker Member

XBL:
    SF Punker
    Sup guys, its Nicholas from the SRK Facebook thread. Sorry, I kind of ignored this thread since there hasn't been any activity! Anyways, I live in east Mesa, so driving out to gatherings is far and few between. I am planning on making it out to Haz's Ranbats this Saturday, Sep 8th tho, so if you can, try and make it out there. I have a Xbox w/ Evo monitor I'll be bringing after 5PM.

8. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

This will be a bit of a rant so please be aware of that...

This past weekend NEC 13 happened on the East Coast and if you are not aware, most of the top players from the East Coast did not make the event.

I DO NOT want to see the same thing happen during this event. If you live on the West Coast. San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Arizona, Vegas, Northern California, etc... Then mark January 18th-20th as a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that you are going to be in Irvine for Socal Regionals.
    SEE YOU ALL THERE!

9. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So I'll b in Southern Phoenix-ish are the last week of December, first week of Janurary. People still meet up?

10. Dipstick

Dipstick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    Kind of funny reading Brisal's rant above, considering that I was actually at NEC. :3

It's kind of sad that I just saw this (I don't really follow this thread because it's not very active), but AzureWanderings and I still play VF about once a week, usually (but not always) on Saturday. So if you wanted to come on by that weekend, just let me know.

11. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late notice, but as you can tell I won't be making it. Trying to just kick back with friends and family.

12. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Shout out to Dipstick and Azure Wanderings. Great to see you both at SCR. You guys need to hit up Juicebox for VF. He streamed this yesterday.

13. AzureWanderings

AzureWanderings Active Member

SCR was a lot of fun.

I wasn't aware that he was streaming his first time playing VF. I know that he has an interest in it. So chances are he'll be paying us a visit or the other way around for stream time.

14. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I haven't watched all of SCR, but wanted to say that I enjoyed watching Azure play! I like the adjustments you make beyond the first 1-2 games of all the matches I saw you in.

Foundation seems great, just felt like you would be a lot stronger with even more offline experience ^_^

In any case, way to represent Pai and glad you made it to SCR! Haven't watched Dipstick yet, but also glad you made it out there too!

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT SEGA CUP!!!

15. Dipstick

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    SCR was a great event to play at, especially for the smaller games -- all the casuals I could stand (and then some; I ended up sleeping 12 hours after I got back from the venue early Sunday morning).

I was in the chat while he was streaming, actually. I'll hit him up on Twitter and see if he wants to do anything local.

I was not playing in one of the pools that was being streamed, unfortunately. As for Sega Cup, I will be there, and hopefully AzureWanderings can get the time off of work to make it.

Chanchai likes this.
  16. Airegin

Airegin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Airegin42
    XBL:
    Airegin42
    Shoutouts to Dipstick and Pinetree. Really enjoyed meeting and playing casuals with you guys at SCR!

17. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I know Arizona had some representation at Sega Cup. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet many of you guys, but wish I did! That said, I'm glad some of you guys made it out to Sega Cup!

That said, I'm invading your thread to do a friendly reminder that the Northwest Majors are coming up in Seattle. The event is located near the airport so the trip can be made reasonably affordable as lodging is pretty cheap and local travel requirements are very low. You can read more info at the official site or the thread here on VFDC where I'll be posting more info and tips for the event!

Official Site: www.northwestmajors.com
    VFDC thread: http://virtuafighter.com/threads/8-jun-2013-northwest-majors-des-moines-wa.18007/

Jay David likes this.
  18. SF_Punker

SF_Punker Member

XBL:
    SF Punker
    Resurrection!!!

So me and some guys got together the other day and shook the rust off our VF5 game and are now looking to play some more! We're probably only going to get together once a month or so to accommodate our busy lives, but we are looking to play online (Xbox).

We mostly hang out where the rest of the general population FGC is on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/ArizonaSRK/

I'll try to get guys to come onto here, but if you're one Facebook, come check it out!

19. Dipstick

PSN:
    RottenSashimi
    XBL:
    Kumubou
    The only problem I have with that is I do not have a Facebook account and I refuse to use it. I would be more than glad to play some games, offline or online though. Just post the details up and I'll see if I can make it out.

20. Jay David

Jay David Well-Known Member

Recently moved to Phoenix. I don't have a FB either. Anyone in the area still play VF?