1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rising Phoenix - DC scene

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Shadowdean, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

A new time, time for a new D.C scene thread! I am kicking this off with a gathering this saturday night either at my house or at my friends house who lives near Baltimore City. Any VF heads are definatly invited!!! Holla at me for more details.

2. laidlocks

laidlocks Active Member

Just saw the post and had to resurrect it. I just started playing since EVO but got a little game. No 1 seems to play the game in VA so looks like i got to branch out. Count me in on your next VF get together.

3. Shadowdean

Awesome...get in contact with me via pm...we definatly should do some VF'ing, even if it is just evo!!!!! I am so glad to see some life here....The Phoenix will rise again!

4. Shadowdean

60 views...c'mon people...get at me and lets get this scene alive again...rise from the Ashes!!! Muuurland and V.A holla!

5. laidlocks

laidlocks Active Member

Let's do something in Feb. Just bought a house and will be doing some moving. ATM im living like a hobo and living out of boxes in my apt. Looks like a grenade when off. I haven't even been able to get at VF. My first order of business when I move will be to unpack VF of course!!!

VA where ya at? Come on don't be so gay as usual.

6. Shadowdean

Yes, another response...we will rise from the ashes...Fuck unpacking...we can always meet at my place...got a decent sized t.v and plenty of room...just need to kick a few things to the side.
    Lets go people.
    Laidlocks, where do you live?

7. laidlocks

laidlocks Active Member

Kewl in that case Im in becase my place looks like ass. Im coming out of Richmond. Be sure to make room for my uneccessarily large joystick

[​IMG]

8. Shadowdean

Kick ass, lets all set a date?

9. laidlocks

laidlocks Active Member

My big move is this weekend. Anytime after this coming weekend works for me.

10. Shadowdean

Sweet, lets make this happen! I am fucking excited...now, what do the buttons do again?

11. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shadowdean said:

I want to play vf, but do not b/c nobody around does - see my d.c thread in jamboree....

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.
    Do you guys have a set date yet?

12. Blackula

Blackula Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns
  13. Shadowdean

Ok People...time to saddle up...I will be leaving for Richmond around 11:30 am... Holla if you want to ride together.

14. Jinmaster

Jinmaster Well-Known Member

15. Shadowdean

Cool, got it. C'mon folks...I want to see my PM box, or this thread, or my email FLOODED with responses about a mass caravan down to Richmond...Also, I am going to plan and host a tourny next month.

16. laidlocks

laidlocks Active Member

Whatup Shadow. Did the move and got my internet back. Unpacked VF and been doing some playing so it won't be a complete blow out. Get at me when you're ready.

17. Shadowdean

Lets do it!! Maybe next friday? Lets all think about a presidents weekend beat down?

18. Shadowdean

Just got back from the tourny..managed to get 2nd place...though I am waaaaaaaay out of practice...the biggest win was finding a bunch of people within 30 minutes to play with. D.C IS BACK!!!

19. laidlocks

laidlocks Active Member

Nice Job to whoever hosted that tourney in Richmond last weekend. I went in there around 5-6pm and it was swaaaamped. I was like man Im never going to get a game of anything haha. Gratz on the 2nd place win. Judging from the crowd you must have had some competition. Looks like im guaranteed a thrashing but it will be fun. This weekend works for me. Just give me.

20. laidlocks

laidlocks Active Member

the day and where.