1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

NYC VF Team Xiao Long Bao / 小籠包

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by kungfusmurf, Jan 12, 2007.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

This is now the new NYC official thread so everything NYC plz posted here & if anyone has a fucking problem w/ that talk to Sal.

Here's your new thread Myke thx for ruining a good thing we had going you're such a Lesbian.

Runner ups for the new NYC thread name. Not necessary in this order.

1. Shao long pao
    2. Kobe Beef
    3. YAAFI
    4. Spicy Chicken Fried Rice
    5. Sexcellent
    6. Jack & Coke
    7. More Body Checks
    8. Meow Meow, want Milk?
    9. Japanese Button
    10. Kenka

P.S. I wish everyone a happy new years & I'm looking forward to even more great memories w/ all of you especially the NYC peeps.

Smurf

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. tianyuan2k2

tianyuan2k2 Well-Known Member

Re: Team <<Capote La>> {NYC VF} thread.

For all NYC VFers:
    Option A: Quit VF, get a life.
    Option B: Play VF, lose your "wife".
    Option C: Somewhere in between, "nothing get".

Hmmm... That's a tough decision to make.

3. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

"Sexcellent" should be teh one. Happy VFing in 2007 to all.

4. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Or how about: "Bimbimbap"

:p

5. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

SNST = (pronounced as "is-so nasty") So Nice So Tight

yeah....its fucked up the way it should be

6. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

"So nice and so tight" that's kazu saying! lol

7. VFhayato

but yea guys i was thinking when when VF5 comes out we should play over at webs on fridays again,if you guys still want to,i'm still down,we can have a nice setup with HD and joysticks

8. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Let a brother know when you guys are having a meeting(To bad CHINATOWN FAIR didn't get the game:(

9. ViperExcess

ViperExcess Well-Known Member

Well, for those who are interested in DOA, we have gatherings at web2zone (we try to make them weekly based on how many people will show up). And for those few people who make it consistently, we've taken up the name NYFC. It originally came from a t-shirt I had seen that said New York F***** City (it was a tourist shirt, so it was meant to show appreciation for the city). We adopted it and it can mean many things (NY fight club, NY fighting championships, etc.), but only few know its true meaning. A title that originally came from a funny ass shirt.

I will be playing VF5 once it hits the 360 (practicing now with EVO), so I will be seeing you guys hopefully in the long run, if not soon. Maybe if the two fighting game groups merge, we can share the nickname (if you want). If not, then anyone who wishes to join NYFC (AKA anyone who wishes to play DOA4 offline)is welcome to contact me.

10. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

You guys don't have a PS 2 there? No VF 4 EVO action there?

11. Sudden_Death

Re: <<Team SNST>> {NYC VF} thread.

excellent! new players welcome, hope you join us soon.

rodney is our resident DOA4 player, he might be interested in playing doa with you guys :). we used to play VF4 Final Tuned at w2z (you guys problably seen us before) until they coulnt no longer host our machine :(, machine is currently at bens's house where we sometimes meet. we'll be back in full effect on VF5, BUT i dont know about paying to play console games....and at w2z's rate....-personally- i dont think -im- gonna make w2z's my main playing field. most likely it'll be like in vf3 days...at someone elses house hehe (free!!). i know i know, im cheap :p

12. ViperExcess

ViperExcess Well-Known Member

There's a ps2 at w2z, but actually we've been thinking the same thing that Sudden_Death has been thinking. We may change our gatherings to a different day of the week and move it to someone else's house. But most, if not all, of the DOA players may be interested in VF5 360. If we could meet up some of the time together and play each other's game, then things could work out for everybody We'll talk more about it once the time comes, most likely in person.

13. VFhayato

Well no time soon i'm getting my copy of VF5 along with stick

14. CrewTW

CrewTW Well-Known Member

Keep it with tradition. Team XLP, (Xiao Long Pao).

15. Sudden_Death

at the end of the day, you're correct andy, tradition beats everything /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

smurfu back to "Team XLP (Xiao Long Pao)"!

last change I SWEAR lol

16. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

^Fuck that.

The Chinatown days are over. This is a new era with a brand new game.

More than half the guys didn't even know what xiao long pao was when we ate at Joe Shanghai for Kazu's departure. Mind you, I LOVE soup dumplings, but the present "crew" couldn't properly eat them so we can't have them represent us.

Let the team name stay I say. If we had to change it here are some of my suggestions.

Team Chipotle
    Team Arroz con Pollo
    Team Chicken & Rice ( I know, I know. Its the same thing. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )

and finally

The Vagabonds - We keep wandering from place to place with no real home to call our own. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

17. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Look here you WANKERS makeup your minds of what you want the Thread Team Name to be or STFU! You have one strike left!

& you guys wondered why I didn't wanted to be the one to started this stupid ass new thread since the old one was just fine.

OH & Chiggar PISS OFF!

18. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

How about "Fire Darts" crew? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

19. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

Shaggy!! Is my laptop fixed? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Damn...it sucks not being able to watch pr0n when i'm on the crapper.

With regards to name, i think we can stick with Team XLP.

Wooo! Fired up my ps3 for the first time on my XBR3 Bravia. PURE SEX. Can't wait for VF5!!!!! You bitches ready?!

20. Blues

Blues Member

Hey,,,looking forward to playing again with you guys. I had alot of fun last time. I've decided that Lau is my official character. I've been really practicing on my ps2 with the stick Ben gave me. I think i really have gotten better.