1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

The Complete 1990s Virtua Fighter Anime series to be released as SD Blu-Ray in 2022

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, May 28, 2022.

By akai on May 28, 2022 at 3:14 PM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    FT2baFtUYAAjQXy.jpg
    At the Anime Boston convention, Discotek Media--a Boutique DVD/Blu-ray publisher of Japanese anime and Asian cinema--announced that they will released the SD version of the entire Virtua Fighter anime on Blu-Ray! That is 35 episodes of the 1995 tv series. It includes season 2 (only English subtitle) that was much harder for those outside of Japan to find and watch. The anime will be released sometime this year.

Image taken from Discotek Media twitter account.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, May 28, 2022.

1. LegendaryHero90
      LegendaryHero90
      Oh YEAH!!! that's Sweet! I always wanted to watch season 2 after finding out that Season 1 was never dubbed in english. And even then, I could never find season 2 anywhere online that wasn't potato quality.
    2. Mister
      Mister
      Guys don't get mad at me, but the anime was released all at once in Italy back in the 90's :°) I halso have half vhs collection (the other half is at my friend's house).
      Victor_ and akai like this.
    3. Dragonps
      Dragonps
      Oh this is bloody awesome!
      tumblr_m5i3p5y3pA1rty712o1_250.gif
    4. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I was going to ask why they even printed on BRD instead of DVD in that case, but I guess it's to fit absolutely everything onto one disc.
      Still really cool, I think I'll pick this up!
    5. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      cool, anyone know if discotek media do "region free" releases?
    6. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      Sweet. I saw this series on YouTube many years back. It was actually pretty funny.
    7. akai
      akai
      I found this reply from several years ago:

8. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      thank you, so it will be region locked unfortunately
    9. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Well that sucks, looks like I'm not buying it after all.
    10. akai
      akai
      That is unfortunate if other regions have to jump through hurdles to watch it…

Maybe @Mister can share his VHS collection! Most of my VHS tape have not fared well with time. Actually is it all dubbed in Italian, Mister? Or is this a fan subtitled version of the anime?
    11. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      It's on a handful of streaming services for some countries, but looks like no options for Australia right now.
    12. Mister
      Mister
      It is fully Italian Dubbed unfortunately :/ in fact Wolf's Giant Swing is called "Rotazione" in my version and Jacky's Somersault is "Calcio Rovesciato".

Also i own only half of the VHS the other half is owned by a friend (he's still looking for them and eventually if he finds them he will give them to me to complete the collection).
      MadeManG74 and akai like this.
    13. Solomon Rayland
      Solomon Rayland
      Virtua Fighter Anime is a fairly good show in terms of the quality of the story. The only issue I have with the show is that season 2 included, Sarah Bryant has been stripped to a generic damsel in distress. Mostly one at least.