VF5FS Wiki Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Myke, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
    Welcome to the VFDC Wiki!

System

Understanding the complete system in VF5FS can be quite a daunting task, so different aspects are split across multiple pages to help digest the information, as well as for future referencing. Whether you journey through it from beginning to end, or just randomly, you'll find just about every aspect of the system explained in simple, and sometimes advanced, terms.

If you're looking for something in particular, you'll find the built-in Search in the wiki side bar extremely handy. Alternatively, while viewing a wiki page, press Ctrl-F (or Command-F for Mac users) to search for text inline.

Feel free to discuss or enquire into any aspects of the system over in the VF5FS Dojo Forum at VFDC. You can also use the Forum search to help you look for any past discussions on specific subjects.

Characters

Choose a character for more detailed information. You'll find everything from their back story, win/loss quotes, costumes, stages, and handy summaries for punishment and basic combos. Each character section also includes a handy "Starting Out" guide aimed specifically at beginners to VF and/or the specific character, as well as more in-depth move analysis and strategy guides.

Strategy

A collection of articles that focus on specific elements of gameplay, techniques or strategies.

neko-dojo.jpg
    Neko Dojo's 2AFC Approach

2. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    Hey, I was curious about delayed tech rolls? Some people have mentioned that you are capable of delaying tech rolls, but to my understanding, there is only exact tech and normal tech regardless of direction. I didn't see anything on the wiki so I was wondering if it was possible to get clarification? Thanks and great job on the wiki!

3. Mr_X

Mr_X Well-Known Member

PSN:
    X_the_Genius
    I don't think they're in vf5fs, but I could be wrong

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Recently, I think it was either Cozby or Tricky, someone made a video about using delayed ukemi to cause a meaty attempt to whiff. I think this answers the question. Whether it exact or normal ukemi, I will leave it to someone else to answer.