1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter & Tekken Ghosts

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Jan 12, 2024.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Virtua Fighter 4 has trainable AI . The player can have a trainable AI for each character and can save that AI to memory cars on the PS2. I play against my brothers AI my friends trainable AI all the time. Virtua Fighter had the concept of ghosts long before Tekken started using the concept. You can literally set up your Lau AI to fight against your Akira AI and identify your own strengths and weaknesses in a match up.:ROTFL:

Virtua Fighter 4 thru Virtua Fighter 5 has the concept of fighter analysis , where the system keeps track of your strengths and weakness, as well as other Stats, these are also kept for the for the trainable AI:holla:

2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, in VF4 those things are really revolutionary features. And then everyone tries to copy them, 10 to 20 years later. Lol!

Sega is king when it comes to innovative ideas. They are definitely ahead of the times.

masterpo likes this.
  3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    :LOL::ROTFL: They used to be., But with VF5US they gave us Tekken Hit Sparks, Tekken Skins, Tekken music, and a Tekken UI. That doesn't feel very innovative to me:oops:

Sega's best days might be behind them:unsure:

4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, putting those things in tekken felt out of place.

I agree.

They need that old spark back.:)

5. Technically it dates all the way back to VF2's home versions like the Saturn port and the old PC port. Sadly, idk how to get it to work right on the old pc port.

6. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    B/c VF5US is the ONLY ONE not AM2 team VF game. ANOTHER team took the game from original devs and just develope a new COSMETICS (graphics, sparks, etc), not the game core.
    And this new dev team did things BAD imho.
    So VF5US is not a true VF game.
    So i am afraid for VF future b/c of this new team "skills".

beanboy and masterpo like this.
  7. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Absorb Netcode was kinda revolutionary too. It made the fights feel like it was underwater, no other fighting game could imitate that