1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[3 Aug 2013] Sega Cup Europe (London)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by MarlyJay, Apr 22, 2013.

Sega Cup Europe
Start Date: 3 Aug 2013 12:00 PM
End Date: 4 Aug 2013 12:00 AM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST

Dugdale centre
London EN2 6DS

Posted By: MarlyJay

Confirmed Attendees: 30
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Im new to the game and just a nobody, but I'll be coming down from Nottingham with my dad and sister. I've never been to a tournament before, do you get to play with people on the day, and do you have to bring your own joystick/pad?

Feck likes this.
  2. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Don't worry about it. Come down, meet people, have fun. That's what matters.

I don't think they'll be providing controllers, so I would bring your own.

steelcrezent786 likes this.
  3. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    BlueLink and Feck like this.
  4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

Most fighting game tournaments are "bring your own controller" type, so its wise to always assume that. I hope we will get to play some casuals at the tournament venue, and if not there then in somebodys hotel room nearby. I am at least planning to take xbox and monitor with me. Remains to be seen if that will work.

Oh and it looks like sunday would be shaping up for a casuals day.

steelcrezent786 likes this.
  5. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I guess casuals at the event itself depends on the turnout, we could be awfully busy if we reach the 128 person cap lol. I'm not sure where any of the UK guys are staying yet but it might be easier for one of us to bring an xbox, will have to look into it.

6. Hyperion

Hyperion Member

So, is it safe to assume that there'll be some sort of set up for casuals on the sunday? I live approx. 2hrs away so i'm wondering wether its worth finding accommodation or not.

7. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

shame on me -_-' i had a wrong setting about my pms. So only people who i followed could pm me. Now it's fixed so if you wanna have your costume for your pg you can send me the pm with the details.

8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Any idea how many people have actually signed up for this? The official page doesn't seem to contain the information and I was intrested in the numbers (couch* and whether or not I can get the shirt with my late sign-in *couch).

9. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    If you signed up recently you made it on the list for the T-shirts. We'll do another announcement soon.

10. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    I'll be arriving on thursday and leaving for Spain on sunday, so I need a bed for thursday, friday and saturday night. Anyone want to share a room with me?

11. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xX_SETTRA_Xx
    XBL:
    xX SETTRA Xx
    I´ll be around on the same days, also need to depart on Sunday.
    Sharing a room is fine with me. PM me if ur interested Krye.

12. Feck

Don't think anyone has posted about this yet.

[​IMG]

13. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RoseOfMay
    XBL:
    ReturnToPlanetX
    What do you guys think of a 'UK vs International' exhibition for the Friday before Sega-Cup?

The number on each team can be decided later, a 10v10 would be cool if we have the numbers (tbh, we obviously should do); but we can obviously adjust on the day because such a tournament is flexible.

I think Friday would be great for getting in alot of casuals (bring your sandbags I guess?) and finishing it off with a great exhibition that will be streamed! This way we have more than enough time for the team tournament and more than enough time for casuals and setting up your costume on the stream set-up.

As for set-up's..me and Marly will be donating 5 Xbox 360 copies of the game which we will give to one of the HoG admins tomorrow; we also have 2 PS3 set-ups (with dlc) and Marly normally brings his set-up (with dlc) as well...

...so we should have A GUARANTEED 5 SET-UPS MINIMUM (360) and 8 SET-UPS MAXIMUM (2 extra being PS3 and one more 360)

We will try to finalise things tomorrow and make it official, so get hype and we will see you on Friday the 2nd of August!!

14. Feck

Sounds like fun but yeah, we need a good idea of how many will be around on the Friday for this to work.

15. Hyperion

Hyperion Member

Sounds Awesome! I'd definitely be up for it.

16. 2ndFace

2ndFace Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_2ndFace_x
    XBL:
    X2ndFaceX
  17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

I would rather it be on sunday to be honest. Many people seem to be arriving in the country on friday, then travelling to Enfield/hotel, etc. I don't think I would be taking part in this if its on friday.

Well, I might, providing its in the evening and doesn't go too late.

18. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

The italian crew will be traveling since early morning. We will arrive after dinner in london and to be honest i guess we will be kinda tired. With that said i suppor manji's idea to held the london vs the world event on sunday.

19. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    I will do working during the day. :(

20. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360