1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

All character strategy by Shiwa

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Dennis0201, Dec 28, 2012.

1. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Dennis,

would you mind going over Lei?
    Thanks.

2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Would someone be so kind as to translate the Sarah portion of this please? It was a brief section in the 3rd video starting around the 14 minutes mark.

Quite interested in what was being said...

BlackGeneral likes this.
  3. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Not to overwork the one who's doing these translations, but if he/she could get to Akira, i'd appreciate it.

4. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

phanatik,
    I'm afraid I can't cover Lei's part. He requires a lot of stance changing and it's hard to just write up without watching Shiwa's demonstration video. The idea for Lei is Shiwa pointed out how to deal with his specific setup, and later on tell you how Lei can anti those tactics. You might be able to get some ideas if you watch his video part over and over.

5. Dennis0201

The most important part is to use evade cacel to her stomach side when you see FL. I keep it in my heart:)

phanatik likes this.
  6. Dennis0201

Nothing special on AK, and Shiwa demonstrated a little tips. I'll post it when I rewatch his section.

7. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    There is definitely good stuff in there. I learned a new side turned tech.
    On breaking Lei's Koko (reverse cat stance), it looks like you just need to back dash to get clear of him (and of his sabaki OSs).

VFnumbers and Dennis0201 like this.
  8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

New project proposal to send to Google/YouTube... "Crowd-Subbing!" Want to make the world more unified or at least communicated?

Give the audience the ability to subtitle and eventually get to a desired result (either accurate subtitles or hilarious/trolled subtitles that somehow the majority like) ^_^

9. Dennis0201

Brad

Brad has many half/full circulars so there is no specific side to evade better; Shiwa recommends not to evade that much against Brad. Also most Brad's half/full circulars can be blocked by crouch guard, keep this in mind.

The other tactic against Brad's stance is back dash. For example, after Brad's ducking P+K, you can back dash immediately to make his following P or 2/8 P whiff. The same thing can be applied after Brad's 4K ducking, you can also back dash immediately to avoid K+G and K as well. However, Brad can delay his K+G to hit the opponents who use back dash. DON'T USE 2P against Brad's stance, it's too bad.

About catch throw, Brad has huge recovery time once you duck, so you HAVE to punish him. Since he also has 1/3 chance to guess when he grabs, so don't worry too much about it. The point against catch throw depends on the position you are, don't let Brad to make wall combos, that's it.

Slipping:
    Brad's slipping K+G is +5 on block, so Brad likes to use this move near wall. After you block Brad's slipping K+G, he has 2 options to attack. If you duck after blocking his slipping K+G, Brad can use 4K to make a wall stagger. If you stand guard after blocking his slipping K+G, he can use 2KK to make another wall split combos. The other thing about Brad's slipping is you can just guard to block all his strings.

Sway back:
    Brad can use sway back K to hit opponent's 2P when he has small disadvantage, so still Shiwa doesn't recommend use 2P too much against Brad. The important thing is all strings after sway back are liner, as long as you see Brad's sway back stance, JUST EVADE. Evade is very important here, especially against the wall. If you only block, Brad can use sway back K+G or sway back P+K (guard break) to make you pay!!!

Shiwa also demonstrates the way against Brad's slipping PPKK or PP2K. When you block the his first 2 punches, evade toward to his back to interrupt Brad. Brad can not make his final kick and it's the time to punish him. When you only evade his last kick, there is no punishment to do.

Infohigh, G0d3L, R_Panda and 7 others like this.
  10. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Dennis can you translate the Jacky & Shun one please :).

11. Dennis0201

Yes I can, they are not that complicated as Lei.

Tricky likes this.
  12. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    dennis can you for pai also?

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Does anyone have an index with timestamps where each character is covered? If so, would you mind posting it?

Chanchai likes this.
  14. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

A personal note after reading Dennis' translation of the anti-Brad tips:

I really like using backdash when Brad does 4K --> Ducking. It's helped me in my fights against R_Panda, Renzo, and Rocket. And of course it's part of Lion's game. However, at least with regards to Lion, I've found that an important footnote is that Brad's 4K --> Ducking can easily punish you if you try to backdash --> high attack (he ducks under the high and punishes the crap out of you in Brad combo video fashion). Lion loves 44K, but this is like a big situation where 44K is bad. However, backdash --> 46K has been exceptional for me in this situation as it moves Lion forward a good deal and is a mid attack.

Of course, now that that cat is out of the bag, this opens up Brad to doing things like Brad: 4K(G) --> Evade or fuzzy etc.

Because of this potential threat (and potential side-punishment of 46K), you really need to "check" your backdash. Such is VF.

Anyways, felt like chiming that in because at least against Panda, Renzo, and the one set I played against Rocket, this was a great way for me to do damage ^_^

15. Dennis0201

Chanchai,

Back dash is extremely important at some situations, and these kind of character knowledge is what we lack. If you pay attention to what Itazan's and Fuudo's Shun back to LA, you can realize they know how to punish back dash. For example, after Shun's 6K, they both use P+K P instead of regular K and P+G(usually we can expect). The reason is opponent can do back crouch dash to get rid of both K and P+G plus punish Shun immediately with launcher/knee. And the only way to make sure Shun is safe is to use P+K P. I was surprised when both JP players use this same setup couple times however no one would actually do back crouch dash after 6K. I think they gave us too much respect and they thought we knew how to deal with that. :)

Chanchai likes this.
  16. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Dennis is possible for you to translate pai? i asked many times but it seems you havent noticed it!! Thanks!!

17. Dennis0201

sozos,

The audio part of Pai is somehow broken and I can't do it without Shiwa's demonstration. The important thing I remember is backdash can work on most bokuatai strings except K+G, and you can do 2P to interrupt hakkesou stance too. Also Shiwa loves to do 3PK2 stuffs to mix up.

Sozos likes this.
  18. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Ok thanks dennis!!

19. Dennis0201

I'll try to check the video again when I have a chance and let you know what I recall.

20. Sozos

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Ok man, i really aprecciate!!