1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa - Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 7, 2013.

1. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    RafaelLew likes this.
  2. RafaelLew

RafaelLew Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RafaelLew
    Thats right, the wind elbow.Ty erdraug

3. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ok it s the wind elbow 4p+k =) float on CH

4. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I think i run into something weird:

I'm currently Vanessa vs Shun in dojo, closed foot stance, setting the CPU to do "Defensive Move 1", then do DS k+g > p, shun gets counterhit by the fullcircular then gets normal side hit by the jab. If i try to do DS df+p then shun gets CH by the 10 punch too.

If switch to open foot stance shun can evade the DS df+p after getting CH by the full circular.

When i set the CPU to do "Defensive Move 2", revert to closed stance, then do the exact same thing, shun gets counterhit by the fullcircular and then evades the jab. The df+p hits.

When i switch to open foot stance shun evades both the jab AND the df+p.

Could anyone explain what's going on?

EDIT #1: just replicated the same thing with Vanessa vs Lau.

EDIT #2: just replicated the same thing Lau vs Shun. DM2 (to the foreground) evades jab after b+k+g CH.

I would appear that evading to the foreground while sideturned behaves differently than evading to the background.

EDIT #3: tested from the 2P side. DM2 still evades Lau's jabs after b+k+g lands on CH, both foot stances. Seems pretty persistent.

5. RafaelLew

RafaelLew Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RafaelLew
    Does Vanessa have any wall attack?

6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I've done that, it's listed in the dojo glitches thread though I never figured what causes it to happen. You can make an evading CPU get CHd by simply doing something like PK, PK, PK (I think I used Jean for this) even if they are evading away from the K's possible circular direction.
    That's probably the same thing, though you've figured out a different way of achieving the glitch.

erdraug likes this.
  7. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Is there an improvised combo available after DS [1][P] or OS [2][P][+][K] hit an airborne opponent? They spike the opponent to the ground and i can't seem to be able to connect anything afterwards.

8. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    So, after few test it seems that after DS 1P u got the best option, i mean 6P+K+G
    But for 2P+K it seems it s the same property than 9P->2P+K. What i found:
    • 66PK with bonus* dmg using 3_K or 3_KK
    • 3P+KK with bonus* damage using 2KP
    • 2KPP work on almost all cast except heavyweights
    • 2KPK work on all cast except taka
    • 3P->2P->66KP Tight timing doesn t work on jeff and taka and some midweigths
    • 9K->2P->66KP VERY tight timing doesn t work on heavyweights and some midweigths
    *Bonus damage is if the opponent doesn t tech roll.

erdraug likes this.
  9. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

10. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
  11. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    New question: what can i do vs Taka after DS [4][P][+][K] CH?

12. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    afaik against taka it s not a float

13. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Just tested: actually on CH it yields one of the new hit effects where the opponent awkwardly falls backwards. I tried a bunch of moves, the most damaging followup i can find is [3_][K] for 43 dmg total.

Adding it to the combo list.

EDIT: while i was in the dojo vs Taka i tested/stumbled upon a bunch of other stuff.

Accidentally i found out that DS [4][6][P][+][K] NH > [3_][K] combos for 36 damage. Unfortunately it is range dependent; for example after [4][P] NH pushback [4][6][P][+][K] >[3_][K] does not work :(

Unfortunately i am not able to do DS [1][P][+][K] CH > [K][K] :( Best i can connect is the [6][P][+][K][+][G] shoulder for 46 dmg. Is there a special timing required to land this on Taka?

Moving on to OS.

Stomach crumples (the good news):

[P][3][P] CH > [6][K][K][P][P] combos for 66 damage! That's only 2 damage less than the current max dmg combo for every other character! For reference, [3][K][P][K] and [K][P][P] also work, and do 61 and 60 damage respectively.

Btw OS [4][1][3][6][P] fully charged NH > [6][K][K][P][P] also combos for 79 damage. That's 18 more than the current max damage combo listed for Taka! Not that this move ever lands, just saying :D Again, for reference the [3][K][P][K] ender does 74 damage and [K][P][P] does 73 damage.

OS Intruder Step [P] NH > [3][K][P][K] combos for 56 damage! That's "only" 13 damage more than the current Taka maximum.

[4][1][2][3][6][P][2] combos into [3_][K][P][K] for 63 damage! The input is tricky and it only does 5 damage more than the current max Taka combo in the combo list but, hey, it works!

Finally... [4][4][K][+][G] is weird: it turns out this move behaves really differently (against Taka at least) when it is fully charged. DS version not charged combos into [6][P][3][K] for 51 (contrary to what is indicated, [K][K] does not work). Charged version combos into [6][P][K][K] for 73. OS version not charged > [6][6][K][P] 47 damage, as per the combo list. OS version fully charged > [3][K][P][K] 73 dmg (13 point difference from the combo list).

I won't change the back charge kick combos for the time being. I'll test with the other characters first. I want to see if the charged version yields more damaging combos against the other characters too. If yes, then i'll split the two versions and list them as different combo starters. If not, i'll just note these Taka specific differences.

Slams:

OS [6][P][+][K] > [3_][K][K] does 45 damage, not 52. Fixed it. [6][6][K][K] does 46 damage, both stances, make sure you don't delay it in open stance. The [P] > [3_][K][K] followup really does 52 damage but it's VERY hard and requires the jab to be inputted as [6_][P]. There's always [6][6][K][P] for 43 damage and oki.

OS [6][K][+][G] > [6][6][K][P] does 45 damage. [6][6][K][K] hits for 48. Both versions whiff if [6][K][+][G] lands at range :( It would be nice to find some distance-independant combo besides [8][P] pounce.

Floats:

OS [9][P] > [2][P][+][K] > [6][6][K][K] appears to be the most damaging combo on Taka, as mentioned in the acebreaker combo thread, doing 3 more damage than the current max Taka combo (58)

OS [9][K] > [6][K][+][G] > [3_][K][K] does 66 damage (2 more than the current max).

OS [1][K][+][G] > [6][P][P][K] seems to be the most damaging combo i can find vs Taka (61 dmg). However, as every vanessa player knows, the first hit of this string has very poor reach. So, as expected, this combo whiffs from a distance. As will a jab. In those situations [P][+][K][K] seems to be the more reliable, doing a paltry 56 damage :( EDIT#3: [6][6][K][+][G] appears to always connect for negligeable damage.

EDIT#2: more testing on shun. Turns out most of these are Taka specific. But some can be converted to generic combos by adding a low punch.

For example OS [4][1][2][3][6][P] max charge > [2][P] > [6][K][K][P][P] does 83 damage (14 damage more than the current max shun combo). Also works for Intruder Step [P] and back charge kick. always does 2 points more than the standard bound combo.

However back charge kick does not appear to alter its behavior based on whether it's charged or not o_O

So i'm not changing anything for Shun & will investigate further.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  14. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Resuming testing [2][P] > [6][K][K][P][P] after OS crumples.

vs wolf & jeffry it whiffs for every crumple starter.

vs Jean it only appears to work after Intruder Step [P]

vs Akira it whiffs for every crumple starter.

vs Jacky whiffs for every crumple starter.

vs Goh it works but the delay of the low punch is very strict.

vs Brad the timing becomes easy. I'm assuming this works on every character lighter than Brad since it works vs shun and he tends to have the weirdest hitbox.

Updating the combo lists.

EDIT: tested for lion, sarah, eileen. Works.

Also [3_][K][P][K] works on all three after OS foot crumple. Which is funny because it didn't work vs shun. So this will require additional testing too.

EDIT#2: it also works after [3][P] CH with lion, sarah, eileen, vanessa, wolf. Jeffry too, although the timing is hard.

EDIT#3: [6][P][+][K] > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [6][6][K][K] does 1 more point than the max stance independant combo ( [3_][K][K] ender)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  15. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    New question: is there a better combo than [6][P][K][K] when i hit my opponent with a DS wall attack (you know, [4][4][K] to face the wall, then [4][P][+][K][+][G] to do the jumping attack that staggers on block, crumples on NH).

EDIT: found one :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  16. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Did u try to [2][P][+][K][+][G] after the wall jump hit? then [6][P][K][K] i think that works afaik

17. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    Two questions.

1. Do you recommend usually staying in OS against the heavyweights(wolf,jeffry,taka)? I was thinking that OS was more practical( 80%of the time) against them,but I need your opinion.

2. What range is favorable when fighting Jacky ?

18. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I can partially answer Question 1: against Taka and Jeffry you should definitely stay in OS.

Jeffry has a bunch of -15 moves that can be punished with OS [6][P][+][K]; DS has no decent punishers before -17. Punishing with [P][K] or escapable throws equals inviting Jeffry to keep using these unsafe moves; and when one of them lands Vanessa frequently loses half her lifebar.

Taka has -15 moves that can be punsihed with [K][K][P] > [6][6][P]; also OS [P][P][6][P][P] or [K] combos on ANY hit for a lot of damage. At the same time two DS CH floaters don't work vs Taka ( [4][P][+][K] and [2][K] ).

Hopefully someone will answer you question about Jacky and Wolf. I just tend to lose against them :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    leftylizard likes this.
  19. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Against wolf i use more DS because of her sabakis to stop, but honestly both stances are usefull against him. For Van wolf is a good (even easy) match up...

My english isn t the best, so i hope i understand well ur question about Jacky. When u say range i mean the distance, so if i m wrong you can correct me =) So against Jacky, i advice to stay near to him, and punish his whiffed move when u crouch. But u won t be in favorable position near to him if a wall is next or behind you, then for those situations, keep ur distance and see what he does.

20. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    [​IMG]

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

MakiLeSushi likes this.