1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa combo thread

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 28, 2013.

1. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Well, acebreaker's video is proof enough for me. I added the recent combos mentioned to the combo list.

Sorry for the slight delay, i had limited internet access while on my easter break.

Please feel free to mention if i forgot anything.

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I'm just wondering what gives? I can make the combo work with no OM on all three character both stances and I'm yet to land a single succesful one with OM. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong?

I'm also wondering why even do the OM when it works just as well without it (or a lot better, at least in my case). You need 333P+K+G in both cases anyway.

3. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I made some test in lab and it seems u re right lammas there is no need to make om for this combo on goh...
    Btw for eileen 4p+k ->3p ->p->6k+g->6p3k works 80 dmg open stance ch...

4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

No need for OM vs Akira or Kage either. Not that I've tried since that post but I never even managed to land it with OM.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  5. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Finally found a better combo after DS wall attack: [K][K] > [6_][P][K]! It does 11 points of damage more than [6][P][K][K] so i'm adding it to the combo list.

EDIT: and apparently it's max vs Shun since [6][P][K][K] doesn't work against him.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    MakiLeSushi and Ellis like this.
  6. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    For reference: the combo list is currently missing optimized combos for:
    1. DS [P][+][K][P] CH
    2. DS BT [P][+][K]
    3. DS [2][P][+][K]
    4. DS jump descending [P]
    5. OS BT [P][+][K]
    I know some basic combos for each of those (1 & 2 = some of the boomerang hook combos - but not all of them! 3 & 4 = shoulder ram; 5 = same combos as after the side crumple but without the backdash?) but i was wondering if someone could test somewhat more extensively.

Also, if anyone thinks the combo lists should add [P][K] CH let me know if have any combos.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  7. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Anyone succeed the ace s combo 6_k 1f 1k+g 1f 4k6 isk p 2p+k 9k? I tried a million times with all timing possible, and my p after the isk never connects... If ace see this msg, any tips?

8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Who's that supposed to work on? I'll give it a try later.

EDIT: OK found it in the Eileen vid. Took me a few tries.

1. The 1fk on 1K+G leaves you on the side of the opponent after the bound, as usually you're more on the backside.

2. From this position 4K needs to be 1fk'd or it won't float high enough for IS K to bound.

And that's about it. It does need both delays there.

First changes the positioning and the second allows for the IS K bound. I noticed that 1K+G can be delayed a bit more so I did it by 66 1K+G microdash (because for whatever reason doing 11K+G kept giving me 2K+G...). The 4K needs to be a 1fk so 44K works here.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  9. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I noticed eileen's position when u delay the 1K+G she s more on side than BT as usually and when to make the 4K6 but my P after the isk NEVER connect, i don t know why. Do i have to delay the P too? I ll try with the micro dash and the 44 and make a feed back... Anyway ty combolammas for the tips =)

10. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I didn't delay the 6_P. The combo is not very practical IMO. Too many things to mess up in a match and the oki is pretty bad. Even the video says it's for showing off :)

EDIT: but just in case you aren't using an advancing jab, I think that's the problem.

11. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Yes it was... I used p not 6_p i succeed yesterday butin a middle of a match i m not sure i will succeed... I ll make a try in other char to see if it works... Ty combolammas

12. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I was watching a random youtube link from the shoutbox and noticed that:

At 1:01:39 DS [6][6][K] counterhits Jacky for a wall splat > [4][P][+][K] > [2][P][+][K] > [6][P][3][K] > [K][K].

At 2:28:33 DS [6][6][K] counterhits Kage for a wall splat, then the vanessa player proceeds to do basically the same combo, except with a jab instead of [4][P][+][K].

I also noticed that DS [6][6][K] wall splat is not listed in the command list.

Does the above combo also work on NH wall splat? Are the combos basically identical to DS [6][6][K][+][G] NH wall splat? Any feedback would be welcome.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  13. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    @erdaug u get a big wall splatt with ds 66k only on ch and it s the same properties than ds66k+g. It s like for exemple os 6pk if the p is blocked and the k is ch u ll get a big wall splatt. In fact i think that every move who leads to a normal knock down like os 4pk ds 4p+k etc on ch it s big wall splat and all big wall splatt got same properties (not verified but almost sure on nh they aren t same properties. When i say normal kd for ex os kpp ds 2p+k and all other moves who leads to a "ground splatt" kd won t wall splatt. Idk how those kd are named.

14. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    After some testing i would appear that the properties of [6][6][K] CH wall splat are not 100% identical to [6][6][K][+][G] wall splat: combos starting with [4][P][+][K] work but require a small delay; combos starting with [K] don't (always) work.

I added a new entry in the combo list.

I also added an entry for DS [4][P][+][K] CH wall splat combos. Turns out against vanessa it's possible to manually switch to OS and then bound with [1][K][+][G] for great justice. Maybe it works vs other lightweight characters too.

EDIT: seems to work up to and including Lau.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  15. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Alright guys, I'm gonna get back into VF for a bit.

DS [P][+][K](blocked and/or delayed)[P]CH > [2][P][+][K]>[4][P][+][K]>[P][P][K] 75dmg, vs JE, Closed Stance only

*edit* realised this does 1dmg less than the listed combo lol, nvm

16. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    @Kikimaru the two combos listed for that move are my additions, but i have not actually tested them (that's why the combo damage is missing). Does that mean that [P][+][K][P] CH > [2][P][+][K] -> [4][P][+][K] -> [K][K] does 76 damage? Thank you for testing!

17. Kikimaru

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    76dmg yeah, I'll do some combo testing this week.
    *edit*

73 dmg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  18. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    OK, thank you for taking the time to reply. I assume that damage for the [2][P][+][K] > [6][P][K][K] followup does 74 damage. But if you have time to do further testing please keep sharing your finds :)

19. Kikimaru

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    @erdraug: update, I gave you the wrong damage.
    (DS) Heavy Hook Combo (Head Crumple)
    damage for the listed combos should be
    [P][+][K] (blocked and/or delayed) [P]CH->[2][P][+][K] -> [6][P][K][K] 71dmg
    [P][+][K] (delay) [P]CH -> [2][P][+][K] -> [4][P][+][K] -> [K][K] 73dmg

HOWEVER
    (DS)[P][+][K](delay)[P]CH -> [4][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [6][P][K][K] 74dmg
    whiffs vs AK, WO, TA. Hits everyone else both stances.
    And leaves side-turned/head down.
    Use a [P]~[G] input so you don't mess up.

Also, if you think they won't tech roll
    (DS)[P][+][K](delay)[P]CH -> [2][P][+][K]-> [6][P][+][K][+][G] -> [3][K][K]
    77dmg (green after 3nd hit)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    erdraug likes this.
  20. Kikimaru

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    (DS) Face Crush Elbow (Head Crumple)
    BT[P][+][K]
    These combos are from CH only!

BT[P][+][K]CH -> [4][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [6][P][K][K] 80dmg
    BT[P][+][K]CH -> [2][P][+][K] -> [4][P][+][K] -> [K][K] 79dmg
    BT[P][+][K]CH -> [2][P][+][K] -> [6][P][K][K] 77dmg

Probably same combo restrictions as above.