1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Buffer Windows & Eileen Option Selects

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tricky, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

So I'm just toying around in dojo mode practicing my evade cancels because I do them too fast in real matches and often end up getting no evade to come out. When I was in dojo I noticed that after a move like 3P on block, I actually can't hit the evade until just a little white after the block animation. That means that if I react with an evade or fuzzy right when I see the block, my character will actually end up doing nothing because the buffer window isn't large enough. My inputs are going outside the buffer window so my girl isn't moving when I want her to.

While doing this I also tried in dojo mode the setting of NH or CH still using 3P. Since that move is -3 on NH and +5 on CH (more importantly you get a free combo 214PP on CH). So the cancelation move she uses 214PP needs to be inputed right away on CH in order for eileen to actually perform the cancelation technique. Otherwise you end up getting just the followup 3PP mid hit. this got me thinking. Since the input window for the cancelation move is well before the input window for when you can input and evade or even buffer a fuzzy, I could pump 214's every time I use 3P. If I see the flash I just have to press P, if there is no flash, since I'm working on just the timing of things I'll know it's time to either fuzzy or evade dash cancel.

TL;DR: there is no reason not to buffer 214 after every input of 3P because you have time to input an evade if the move wasn't a CH, and if you don't react to the CH 3P by the time you've finished the 214 motion and confirm the hit, you've already missed your opportunity to do the combo.

This is kinda hard to explain so if this is coming off as unclear please tell me and I'll try explaining it better.

2. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Well-Known Member

I like this OS, but it sounds like you wouldn't be able to react with things like 236P, 214K (well Ok, you could 214K), 236P+K, 6P+K+G, etc. if you decided you just wanted to mix up your opponent.

Also, without the techniques that SF players use like plinking, double tap, etc., can you really be 2 frame accurate (1/30th of a second)?

3. Tricky

It's really only useful for 214PP in my eyes, because many of eileen's attacks like 1P+K, 43P+K, 3P all combo into 214PP on CH. I wouldn't really use this for the other cancelation moves. Even if you do end up canceling into 214P on block, it's not that bad of an option because you're even more safe with that move on block. I was using it last night at the stickbug event and it did me very well.

4. Tipzntrix

That's cool to know then.

What I meant was if you buffer 214 every time, do you have the time to input 236 in the event you react to / expect a block and want to use a different mixup? I can't get it out.

5. Tricky

Do you have time to input 236 instead of 214 is your question? Or do you mean Do you have time to input 236 after 214 if you don't get a CH and want to then use a different mixup?

I'm pretty sure you'd have time in the 2nd case. You would need to buffer 214 before the move event connects, then on hit/block, buffer your 236 move and you will be able to cancel it into whatever you want.

6. Tipzntrix

The second case was what I meant, doing 236 after 214. I guess I just need more godlike speed!