1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Mila and Momiji got shit on significantly in DOA5U and they aren't finished nerfing characters to keep that scrub nation happy either. The game isn't finished, nobody knows just how much the crying will affect it in future patches. DOA is basically "balanced" to keep the bad players mashing away at it on their pads.

Again, I ask when will there be a finished version of this game?

2. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Baz, just stahp.

Like I said before, this game, as mashy as it can be, is actually more balanced than FS. Who cares if your characters got nerfed? Practice more and learn more

Force_of_Nature and Sorwah like this.
  3. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Pffft everything is more balanced than FS.

*awaits finished product*

SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
  4. BinDiesel

BinDiesel Member

Alpha, Mila, Pai, etc... There were some monsters in vanilla, and a few interesing things that were removed instead of expanded upon (backdash glitch, SE glitch, guaranteed FTs, 270 HP, etc). Some would say 5U is a balanced version of vanilla, but I would use the term lobotomized lol

steelbaz likes this.
  5. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Yeah the nerfing continues, it indeed has crossed over games, the same characters are still receiving nerfs, it's ongoing & endless.

Kamais_Ookin and SDS_Overfiend1 like this.
  6. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

You are in no position to say FS is unbalanced... with all due respect. DOA seem balanced because all the characters do the same shit. Nonetheless this the only game where frame ticks varies.. wtf they do that at?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Kamais_Ookin, steelbaz and BLACKSTAR like this.
  7. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I can't say too much against that.

8. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Since I been playing a bit more I find the game somewhat balanced however I can't stand how spammy the game is.

I played an S rank Christie last night that just spammed PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP variation combos and I losted badly. I just couldn't do anything and I couldn't hold anything because high punches look like mids, mids that look mid but are actually high, smdh....

Besides toning down the stun game the one thing I wish they would change and would stop a lot of the spamming is to make every move that ends a 3+ string combo -15 so 12 frame throws are guaranteed. That will make people stop and think instead of just mashing buttons.

Sorwah, ToyDingo and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  9. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    I got the game 3 days ago and though it can look like a mashing fest it's having coherent system
    On animation recognition I agree it's a nighmare especially highs/mids and the stun system make this a lot more frustrating ^^

I guess the interesting part will come when I will know the levels of all the moves of all the characters....and the possible delays too...well for now I'd prefer to focus on slow escape and use of crushers(though it's exhilarating to succeed a defensive hold, so damaging outside of stuns ^^)

steelbaz likes this.
  10. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I think having throw punishes being the standard punish in a game like DOA is pretty dumb. If the standard punish was something like a -8 PK or something like VF4, rather than a throw at -5, alot of the spammyness would be less of a problem. So if some dude mashes out an Ayane string online, and its -5, if you attempt a throw to punish and its only late by a single frame, you get full-combo'd if they keep mashing. if the standard punish was a punch, you would still beat out their spammy mash due to frame advantage, even if you're a frame late

That alone would fix alot of the game's problems, i think

11. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Or just go for a CH because you know they'll mash at disadvantage?

BlueLink and Sorwah like this.
  12. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    So now you're saying 'use bad fundamentals to beat out bad fundamentals'. Sounds legit

Rodnutz likes this.
  13. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

The problem with this is those fucking annoying crush moves that magically go through mids.

For example against Brad, if I do [1][P][+][K][P][P] with Jacky even at the fastest timing Brad can do that back turning punch after the second punch in that combo (sorry don't know command I think it's [4][P]) and that can launch or lead to massive stun mix up. Ayane, Kasumi, Lei Fang and many others have these really stupid moves that just magically go under shit. It's the equivalent to Shun's low kick properties, but on like every move.

I can understand if I delayed the combo, but even if I'm mashing it out these moves will win which is just fucking stupid to me. This is the thing VF does better than any other game. It allows you to delay combos, but just enough to trick people into twitching so you can still finish the combo and hit them. Of course if you take way too long then they can hit you. But in DOA it's like "oh Jacky did the first 2 punches... fuck the third one."

**small edit**

steelbaz likes this.
  14. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    How bout that 'spinning low back fist' most characters seem to have that people (bout everyone) use at disadvantage though?

Rodnutz likes this.
  15. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Attacking out of advantage to land a CH isn't bad fundamentals lmfao.
    You are blown up badly by it and eat Momiji CH 2K's endlessly :eek:

@Rodnutz
    Yeah the crush moves are annoying and I understand what you're getting at. The characters I play had there crush moves nerfed out of the game, so I forget about them at times :p
    I'm sure jacky has something to deal with this situation, if not it's more bad balance from TN. You should use Sarah instead ^_^

16. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

Any here is another example of more silliness. Tina and Hitomi players are infamous for being at -300, but they somehow still manage to get this move off as though they were at +30.

17. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

Sorry I don't like to jump ship even though I know I should. I want to use Jacky although I know using a DOA character would allow me to win more.

I just gotta deal with the silliness until I figure out my own way around things.

steelbaz likes this.
  18. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    1P is tracking I think but I'm not sure it gets TC from the first frames like 2P.

Mid crushers are super tech crouch moves, they win against "regular" mids like 3P 6P but lose against "true" ones like 3K 6K ( and I'm not sure but against offensive holds too).
    With Jacky instead of 6P I don't know if 4K can do the job but 3K should do it ( maybe slower 6K and 6K+G too)

steelbaz likes this.
  19. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    You like to re-word things and mislead people so you can try and make yourself look good, apparently. Rather than addressing a situation at hand directly. That's pretty petty and childish, man. But whatever

But yes taking a situation where you have a guaranteed punish and using it instead to attack in a non-guaranteed situation is, in fact, bad fighting game fundamentals. DOA promotes it, and apparently so do you.

20. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    DOA isn't really about punishment, no point in acting like it is. You suggest a system change in order to remedy online mashing, I admit I laughed at that. In the Railway series a Japanese Aoi player opted out of a guaranteed strike and scored a CH combo instead, you of coarse wouldn't care about that since you're so vastly better than said JP Aoi player that you were berating for being horrid on the stream.

Not one thing wrong with going for CH's with small advantage like you mentioned, you disagree, but you're FREE to me in DOA, so whatever.

Edit: Also a 14f move isn't even guaranteed at +15 in DOA5U, you can get +15 from Mila 6P+G and have your 14f attacks all blocked offline. Only her 13f K lands from +15, all 14f attacks can be blocked offline from the +15. This is the reality of DOA5U.