1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Uncle_Kitchener

Uncle_Kitchener Well-Known Member

PSN:
    UncleKitchener
    Gen Fu isn't really invincible or anything during those frames, it's just that it's considered to be crushing from the very first frame. The way the animation system works doesn't allow for this instant transition as animation timestamps take the first and supposed new position of following frame and try to transform the model and move in a fluid motion.

Sorwah likes this.
  2. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Yea. And in Gen Fu's stance he's a lil crouched to begin with.

But no game (I know of) is perfect. I'm sure I got some replays of VFFS phantom hits happening, hahah. This is just something that really caught my attention and wasn't too fond of, lol.

3. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

There is one PERFECT fighting game and boy would I love a remake using one of today's kick ass graphics engine. I say the game is perfect because both players have exactly the same moves, frames, animation, etc. The victory simply goes to who makes the best decisions.

4. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

Street Fighter 1 had it so versus mode had the same characters move list and frame data wise.

5. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Well either way. In both screen shots the moments captured shows my attacks are clearly passing right through them. Gen Fu hasn't even started his attack yet, and I'm pretty sure Lei Fang hasn't either (that's what I see anyways). That's invincibility to me. Like when projectiles pass through Ryus jab shoryuken in SSF2. He's invincible for that moment, so it goes through him.

Like I said earlier though. If the video wasn't enough, there's not much point in convincing each other our views. Especially even after providing screen shots of both characters standing up with my attacks passing through them.

They can call it what they want, high crush, whatever. Doesn't change the fact highs don't hit them before they even enter the moves animation which is clearly shown.

It's all good though. Ima keep playing and calling bs when those things happen. Just like I'll keep playing VFFS and calling bs when magic hit tracking saves people from me launching their azz or whatever after I evade the start of a string and they keep going. I refuse to accept those things as normal and fair, lol.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  6. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Does anybody here that plays Akira have this problem.

Sometimes, when I do [6][6][6]+[P], [P],[G], [1][2][1][4][6]+[P]
    I'll get a throw to come out instead of the double palm. That's pretty much after any launcher. Not just a SDE.. I just used SDE for an example.

7. DestructionBomb

DestructionBomb Active Member

PSN:
    DestructionBomb

I use Akira. Do you configure your buttons to a specific layout? (Arcade Stick/Pad?)

Puno_de_Leyenda and Rodnutz like this.
  8. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I use an arcade stick with my buttons set up with the same layout I use for VF.

G P K X
    X X X X

9. DestructionBomb

DestructionBomb Active Member

PSN:
    DestructionBomb
    That's weird. Do you play the game online? perhaps a buffering issue if it is online. Maybe Sorwah can help you with that one, I never really seen/heard a issue like that. Could be hitting P/G together on a slightly close level.

10. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

The only thing I can figure is that P G is being pressed within one frame so the game thinks you're trying to push P+G.

Try delaying the G press, or use H+P+K to do the P instead.

11. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Thing is though, the grab comes out when I hit [P] to do the double palm.

I guess I can't rule out the possibility that I could be hitting [G] when doing it though. I'm pretty sure I'm not, but I still can't rule it out.

12. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

13. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
  14. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I didn't watch it in it's entirety but I think the creator makes some valid points about subaki. I remember when this game first came out Denkai came over almost immediately so we could try to break Jacky down and learn the game.

I'd say about after 20-30 minutes in training mode and a few online matches he lost all his desire to play because Jacky's subaki was pretty much useless. It definitely does not work like it should and the proof is in the pudding because you never, ever see anyone using it.

I had honestly hoped out of all of his moves it would be buffed at some point, but since we are on like update 7-8 I don't think it's gonna ever happen.

The vid is a little long, but a decent watch to at least skim through.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    Tha_FeauchA likes this.
  15. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I can only speak about Akira somewhat since he's the only VF character I know in DoA, and in VF, lol. But in DoA. They took away his ability to do the follow up [P] with his
    [4]+ [P]+[G]+[K] (Which is [9]/[3]+[G] in DoA) when you subaki low punches. I thought it was just me at first, messing up the timing. But then I went into training mode and found he just can't do the follow up [P] when subaki'ng a low punch. I don't know why they took that away. But, they did. *shrugs*

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  16. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    You sure about that? I only used Akira a hand full of times, but I could have sworn the follow up [P] was in there.

DestructionBomb likes this.
  17. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Positive mayne. It works against high jabs and kicks. Just not against any low punches. You don't even have to time the [P]. Can just mash it out. So that'll help to show that it doesn't work and I'm not just mis-timing it. Maybe I should have done this on a different stage so you can see my inputs better, hahah. Between the green inputs, those are all [P]'s with one [3] (and maybe a one [2])Check it out.

Another thing I came across. Is the hit stun on one thing in particular is, like barely there and doesn't seem to match frame data. So I can only guess there's more moves like this and is what makes punishing some stuff so hard. Or near impossible.. Well, just very difficult I should say. Making abare such a viable tactic out of some stuff.

Playing online and coming across an Akira player or two. I wondered why they felt so comfortable throwing jabs out after getting their [6]+[K],[P] blocked, and why it was so hard for me to punish them with an attack. Leaving me pretty much still at their mercy and having to either go for a counter, or guess subaki. Pretty much having to do something defensive. So I was like "dam. That must be + on block or -1 or somethin".

So I go into training mode. And find it's actually -6. Ok, what the hek. Why is it so hard for me to punish abare after blocking that?. Even with a simple, quick [3]+[P]? So I set the cpu to jab punish me after blocking it. And you'll just have to take my word for it that it's -6 on block, amd the elbow is -5. I didn't want to have that huge box of data on the screen, hahah :) Look at how much quicker me and the cpu can jab/we can move again after the two different moves on block.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  18. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    On another note. Phase 4 is pretty awesome!

I'd really like it if TN split the info box in half down the middle, lowered it to be just above the inputs, and moved both boxes (if they were split in half) towards the sides/edges of the screen. Having it right there like that kind of ruins the videos and makes em hard to watch. For me anyways.. It's like having a tall azz person sitting right in front of you at the movie theatre, lol.

All those teleports he/she is doing have to be done with [P]+[K] on hit (some moves give you a lil 3-5 frame leniency, give or take some frames, but some are pretty strict too. You can mash [P]+[K] to get teleports. But it can ruin your follow up if you mash too long. Timing them is better, in my opinion) It makes her pretty fun and unique to play as. There's other stuff about her. But I aint gonna get into all that..

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  19. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Here's her trailer. This girl is 'Michael Jackson' bad yo. I love using her. They didn't use her ENG in-game battle voice for the trailer, which I think sounds better. Be coo if there was an option like in SF4 to choose voice options for individual characters. Some sound better than others. But it's all or none.. Anyways!

20. J.D.E.

J.D.E. Active Member

PSN:
    oJDEo
    XBL:
    XX JDE XX
    Phase 4 is good, but she can also come off as a bit of a hit & miss type to some people. She's a very high risk/reward character with decent speeds ( 9f jab, 12f mid, & 12f low), good damage, decent tools but extremely unsafe on block. Even moreso than Kasumi. Her neutral game is bit of concern for a lot of the players. Lots of people have already made the mistake of thinking that her & Kasumi are the same type of character. Clearly different but share only a few characteristics in terms of tools.

She has H+K, P, PP, 3K, 6P, 33K, 2P, 8P, K, 3P+KP, 66PPP+K on block to use. For the most part, you will have to be really good at tick throwing & use some of her tools that has good reach since she doesn't get the privilege having a lot of pressure tools with her speed as you would Kasumi, Pai, Christie, Jacky, Sarah etc.

Even her 3P, a 2-in-1, you have to be cautious about using since it's -8 on block (with in mind that anything that is -6 or beyond that in DOA can be throw punished even with a 5f throw). So once you press that, & blocked you automatically commit to it with no way of free canceling. When landing a hit, most of the time, you have to commit to teleports in order to keep your offense going & your juggling.

With all negatives in perspective, you still would more than likely use a few unsafe tools like 3P since it can interrupt some character's moves, P+K (P+K) that stops tracking & you also have H+K, & 66K (P+K) that whiff punishes but also have 9K, H+K, 3K, 3P+KP, & 6H+K. So either way, regardless of the safety issues of these tools, you still would have to take "some" risks (depending on your situation as the player).

She has also has some launch throws (236T, & 1T) launch holds (46H & 1H) for free juggle damage out in the open space. The throws & the expert mid kick hold (46H) are guaranteeing you ceiling combo damage. Things like 33K which launches, 9P4P which is also used to punish wake ups. 4P a limbo stun that guarantees you things like 33K (4P, though it's kind of slow considering a mid, guarantees you this along with 6K, 1PP+K, 3PP+K, 6P anyway), 1PP+K, P+KP+K, 6K, etc. Also 66T which guarantees 7KP+K, 6PKP+K, 3P+KP+K, as launchers & P (for mixup options). PP6K2K/6K2K variants through the stun game for a +11 force tech.

Then she also has her advance high hold 67H that gives her 4P, 9K, & 1PPP+K. So you have that to think about as well. She also does great damage. She scores 71+ pts just from normal hit. This is insight of what's been explored so far with her.

EDIT: Sorry that I forgot to tell what the inputs mean P+KP+K is a tool that tracks, P+K at the end of each move that I posted was her teleports after the tools.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    Tha_FeauchA likes this.