1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Eileen vs Shun

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tipzntrix, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Well-Known Member

Matchup of two very quirky characters.

My main problem here is that shun will often go for something out of his stances (where he can also drink if I don't apply pressure) and I will go for something to try to beat it, but his stance move will seem to crush mine.

Particularly the 63214P+K+G > K stance kicks where he does a handstand and flails his feet, or where he can go to P+G for a 58 damage untechable grab.

Also, and I'm sure everyone trolled by this from time to time, the 41236P+K+G stance where he lies down on his side and can flail his arm at you, grab you, or low kick you.

What buttons do you use to crush these moves? I'm sure there have to be some for 41236P+K+G. I have been using 9P+K+G > K which beats everything if you do it early, but it's too slow and gets countered out of startup sometimes.

2. Tipzntrix

Well, I noticed Tricky likes 66K to beat both stances when I was watching him vs Denkai, so I will mention it here.

Tricky likes this.
  3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I struggle with these stances and it's the weakest part of the match up for me. I use 66K because it's one of the few mids that will hit him out of his lay down stance, and it's jumping so her hurtbox tends to be far enough from shuns hitbox. I don't like a shun that lays down, but if I see him whiff something or drink I"m going to 66K him and most of the time I'll hit him before he can do something else.

Her 3P will hit him out of lay down stance even though it looks like it shouldn't.

Her 9K will hit him if he does anything but lay down and if he whiffs. Like if he lays down and drinks, 9K will hit him, but if he lays down and does nothing then you whiff. SHuns hitboxs when on the ground area all over the place!

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    If Shun goes into oushin the response usually depends on if i'm at advantage or disadvantage. If it's a neutral situation (WTF are you so far away when using Eileen?!?) then i like [2][K] to knock him out of stuff as it has a surprising range. Another move i've tried though it's a bit slower is [9][P][+][K][+][G] [K]

5. Tipzntrix

I guess we both like 9P+K+G > K. I will try 2K some more. If it works, it's very fast!

6. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Shun basically has five moves from handstand stance. K from handstand is a fast mid which knocks down on hit and tracks evades a bit as it has insanely 19 active frames(!). If blocked he is at -16 to -18 but pretty helpless as he can only wait, do a handjump, attack (at -18, LoL) or roll but not block (doh!). Do something like 66K, 6PP2K for 51/62 dmg (latter dmg if Shun tries another K or K+G), or 66K, 6PPK for 64 dmg if he does P+G (look at Shun's juggle animation after 66K hit). However, there seems to be a way Shun can avoid most dmg of 66K. He can do P+K immediatedly after a blocked K for a roll and seems to eat only 22 and changing sides with a funny animation. If Shun uses the roll, 3K does 27 dmg on blue ch for a always working compromise (any better sure hitter here?). The best bet though I think is 33P as it does only slightly less 25 dmg if Shun does nothing, but 43 dmg on (red ch) on K/K+G/P+K retaliation which is nice as it covers the roll too. If Shun tries a P+G after a blocked K, 33P grants A FULL COMBO for 93 dmg with red ch (9P+K+G, PPP, 3P, 214K+G). That'll teach him!

P+G should be seen with little practice so a fuzzy should be your friend here. Then you can go for a guaranteed(?) back throw or better, a 9K (blue ch) combo for 88 dmg (9K, PP, 236P+K, K, 66K, 3P, 214K+G). P+G sure has insane range and crazily catches evades but luckily it's very vulnerable too.

Shun's K+G from handstand is slow but a flop launcher and +3 on block so he can try 15f stuff like 6PP or 1P+K afterwards so watch out (aka cd fuzzy).

The roll aka P+K ducks under highs, travels far and launches on mid hit (on block -6), or Shun can go to Oushin for mind games. An elbow (6P) on reaction is a fast and the easy answer here, unless Shun is at long range where he can go into mind games.

Shun can move with handstand Move back/forward with little hops and they can avoid some lows. Any attack, even a pesky standing P will knock Shun down though.

Tipzntrix and Tricky like this.
  7. Tipzntrix

Thanks a bunch Neo. Didn't even test that the K+G was plus on block.