1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Eileen vs the world

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tricky, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Match up related tech. The idea here is post your eileen specific answers to mixups other characters place you in. Also post situations that you're having a hard time with and we'll all try to figure out a way for you to really punish your opponent for being predictable. My real goal is to try and find tactics that will shut down as many of your opponents options at once, or will minor tweaks that can be done on the fly via reaction.

I'll start us off from some Jacky stuff I learned today.

Things in the braquets are the correct responses to Jacky's action.

More Jacky because Jacky needs to die

All situations here are based on NH
    [1][P] > [2][P] ( [1][1],[4][6][K][+][G] )
    [1][P] [K] ( [1][1],[4][6][K][+][G] )
    [1][P] [4] >[P] ( [1][1][4][6][K][+][G] )
    [round start range][1][P] [4] > [P][+][K][P] ( [4][4] buffer [4][6] 1fdelay (wait for 1st punch to come out but before 2nd makes it out) [K][+][G] OR [4][4] 1frame delay [9][K] )

[close range][1][P] [4] > [P][+][K] ( [4][4][8]/[2] > [9][K] )
    [close range][1][P] [4] > [P][+][K][P] delayed ( [4][4][8]/[2] wait for 2nd attack then [9][K] )
    [close range][1][P] [4] > [K][+][G] ( [4][4][8]/[2] [1][1] [9][K] )
    [close range][1][P] > [4][4] > [1][P] ( [4][4][8]/[2] [6][6][G], [4][3][P][+][K] )

All on normal hit from starting positon range.
    [3][K] > [1][P] ( [3][K] )
    [3][K] > [2][P] ( [9][P] or slight backdash [4][6][K][+][G] )
    [3][K]> backdash [3][K] ( [3][K] or [4][6][P] )
    [3][K]> backdash block ( [3][K] backdash stagger or [4][6][P] )
    [3][K] [P] ( [4][6][P] )
    [3][K] > [3][K] ( [3][K], [9][K], [4][6][P] )

2. Tricky

AKIRA

Just some notes against akira players. I noticed eileen's shoulder goes under his 666P from both stances at -5. So for example if you set the CPU to

1. P, 666P
    1. P, 66P, 666P

You can test it out for yourself and practice it. The timing for the shoulder is later than you think it is. What I mean is buffer 33 fast as you can, but try to wait a little bit before you press P+K. The evasive frames of her shoulder are right at the start of the animation so if you input the move too fast you'll end up getting CH.

For additional difficulty you can try this exercise

1.2p, 666p
    2. P, 666P

in case 1 make sure the 2P lands as a CH so that when you use shoulder to get under you have to use the fasest timing. This will force you to switch up your timing based on how you were hit.

JACKY

Shoulder also gets under his stuff too. Easy practice is follows

1. P, 6P
    1. 4P, P, 6P (to switch stances)

Let the P hit you and shoulder afterwards. You can also do this after blocking the P too.

3. Tricky

Formatting in my last post got messed up and I can't seem to fix it.

More on Jacky:

Monkey split works after blocking a 2P if they decide to throw a second 2P out. It will also work after a blocked 6P if they try to use a 2P also. Also works after blocking a 3K if they decide to 2P you afterwards.

Beware though, jacky's 1P will still hit you. You can easily jump over that though. Here's how to set the CPU to practice this one.

1. 3K, 2P
    2. 2P, 2P
    3. 6P, 2P

Have fun.

4. Tricky

VS TAKA tech

So taka's 4P+KP double upper move is a pain and I looked into some of the common ways taka players land this. Basically off of a 2P from anything but point blank range eileen can crouch backdash or just backdash and be out of range of the move. This is on Normal Hit, I forgot to test this on CH but I suspect it won't work in those cases. The crouch dash is useful mainly because you're able to option select defending taka's scary mid and his throw options off of his 2P. I'm also fairly certain that from outside point blank range this works after standing P and 6P NH.

If you're more worried about the long range options taka can throw at you like 33P+K, 33P, K, or 6P+K then you can use the backdash evade cancel, and you'll just doge his attacks all day long. On block you definitely have enough time to use crouch backdash into evade, so you're still getting some throw evasiveness. I don't really see guessing the 50% mixup throw as a real safe option so I'm looking for as many ways to just forgo that guess all together to discorage throwing and get Taka players to use his more risky options.

What I'm learning about this matchup is you really can't fight taka POINT BLANK range, you need to be just a hair outside it to stay at eileen's best range, but keeping taka outside his. You can also fight him long range too, but you absolutely can not fight him point blank. Eileen used to be the strongest at this range, but now Taka owns that space. It is his and you should just give it to him.

This same mind set might also be helpful with the AKIRA matchup. I'm thinking staying just outside of akira's guard break of doom is the ideal position. However maybe staying outside of SDE range might be best. Which is a tad more difficult since you lose jab pressure frame traps. I dunno yet still thinking about that one.

5. Greymalkin_

Greymalkin_ Member

PSN:
    Greymalkin_
    Maybe old news

Pointblank VS Taka using 15f P+K. After a P on advantage, or to interrupt a slower mid +12 for 624P+G. On smaller characters the P+K pushes them too far back for me to land the grab.

Alternatively 46P+G >>(staggers) if they don't recover well into combo options. or 66P+G for throw escape attempts.

6. Tricky

I can't understand who is doing what in your post. Is eileen doing her P+K or taka?

7. Greymalkin_

Greymalkin_ Member

PSN:
    Greymalkin_
    I'm not familiar with vfdc notation yet, I'm SF old, and used to Shoryuken

Eileen's 15f P+K that gives +12 on hit, good luck at Next Level...

8. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    what about some moves that sober up shun?

9. Tricky

Those are all listed out for you in the command list on the site. Look at the sober column.

10. Tricky

I'll add a general tip about fighting heavyweight characters and characters who have fairly fast high damage moves. First I'll remind you that the way VF figures out who wins an exchange when two moves reach each other during the same active frames. The move that does the most damage wins, that's rule 1. What if both moves do the same amount of damage you say? In that case the move with MORE startup will win. This is a very important thing to keep in mind with eileen against those types of situations.

These rules are most evident when you're looking at low frame advantage, like -5 and below, as quite a few characters have 24 or 20 dmg moves that are 14 or 13 frames. I'm talking specifically about the heavier characters in the game. Eileen on average does not do a lot of damage with her strikes, so if your attacks meet up, you're going to lose that exchange every time. Now, one answer is to just make sure you always use moves in your mixups that will hit 1 frame before your opponent's fastest response, but this can severely limit your mixups and make you very predictable. Plus if you know something is coming why not just BEAT it out right?

This moves me on to the next point. Basically you can force your opponent into using small (read: less damaging) moves that are faster, once you teach your opponent that you know how to deal with this kinda situation. Eileen's most damaging moves that are still relatively fast are [3][K], [4][K][+][G], [K][+][G], [2][1][4][P], [4][3][P][+][K], and [4][6][K][+][G]. I would also like to add [6][6][P]. I give this move it's own mention because it's a fairly safe combo starter that does one more point than the average elbow class attack (18 dmg) and takes 19 frames exe, so if you do end up meeting up with a move that also does 18 dmg you're probably going to crush their attack anyway because the execution here is on the slower side. Basically, if you find yourself at +5 you can use this to beat any elbow class attack that 14 frames or more (obviously +7 in order to beat akira's since his elbow does 20 dmg and is 13 frames. Use [4][6][K][+][G] to beat his elbow from +6 since your exe is slower than his, and the moves deal the same amount of damage).

So that's kinda what I've been playing around with lately, and it's been opening up a lot of players that previously I could not read well at all. This is another one of the hidden options in the game that I feel can be lost on newer players, and it can make the options someone is making a little more clear.

Where this makes a huge effect is from range. If you want to use eileen's PPPK that last kick does a whopping 25dmg, so you are going to beat a lot of attacks your opponent could throw your way. I knew those long strings that nobody likes to use had a use for something! You can play around with ranges and find out where you would need to start your string to give someone a surprise, and if they just want to duck you so they can whiff punish, you have the monkey twist options still open to you which will hit them if they're sufficiently scared of the mixups.

When you look at matchups against someone like Wolf, Jeff, Taka you will notice that many of their moves do 20 plus damage. To eileen this can be a huge problem if you're not aware of how this damage mechanic works in a match. (note eileen's [K][+][G] is gdlk at 24 dmg and circular, and sets you up for one of best sweeps in the game).

If you're hitting a wall against a particular character, or a certain move go to command list and look up it's damage. Your answer might be staring you right in the face.

EvenPit, biquiba and EastBayKage like this.
  11. biquiba

biquiba Well-Known Member

XBL:
    BIQUIBA
    In your 1st post...[1][P]>[2][P]([1][1],[4][6][K][+][G])...? What means ">" exactly? Does it mean that Eileen's [1][P] beats Jacky's [2][P] after you input [1][1] or [4][6][K][+][G] ?

Nice stuff tough! I'm looking foward to your next blog update!

12. Tricky

I wrote that post i a kinda confusing way now that I look back at it. Jacky is the one doing 1P and then he does 2P. The > stand for "then do x". The stuff I put in parenthatisis is what eileen can do after Jacky's 1P hits you, in order to counter the followup jacky is using.