1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Evasion Properties of 3PK

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by KingZeal, Jul 6, 2008.

1. KingZeal

KingZeal Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif has evasive properties, but they seem kind of hit-or-miss. Supposedly, it's good for okizeme, but I can't seem to find a consistent timing.

Does anyone have any advice to help me on this?

2. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

You should say 3P+K, it looks like you're talking about a two-hit string, confused me for a bit.

For okizeme... it's very good against linear rising kicks, and it seems to share some of the weird OM evade properties... against certain characters it seems like you'll go around circular rising kicks as well. I don't have any comprehensive list or anything, but it was one of those things that kingo mentioned, and I started playing around with in dojo, and the timing is really easy, and it works more often than you'd think it should, even that it seemed worthwhile to attempt in a match even risking knockdown.

I also open matches with that move a lot... the opening spacing, and fact that you're at neutral frames makes the evade tend to work very well. The thing you have to remember to use the move, is that it doesn't instantly put you into an evade state, the way a normal evade does. I don't know the exact numbers, but the move has 23 frames of execution. And, I'd imagine that the evade frames are something like frames 10-18(?). I'm sort of making those up, but it seems to beat jabs from neutral, and it's not always successful against slow attacks, so those numbers don't seem unreasonable.

3. KingZeal

KingZeal Well-Known Member

Thank you very much, Sorias.

P.S.: I'd like to play against you sometime.

4. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

My EX2 broke down, and so I can't play online anymore, /cry;;

Of course, it's been weeks now since it broke, and I haven't really done anything about it. I really liked using the EX2, but seeing all of my friend's sticks fail one after another makes me not excited at the prospect of possibly needing a replacement every 6 months. I really need to go sit down and do some research into what other options are available.

But, my point is.. I'll definitely be back online eventually.

5. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    In dojo mode, set the cpu to guard then attack with an mid attack( elbow). Throw Aoi 6P ( you can try others attacks too )then do 3P+K or 9P+K ( depending on the opponent, the move has to evade to his back or her front), it will avoid the foe's elbow and hit him.
    IMO, you can play Aoi without this move lol

6. CarolinaPanther

CarolinaPanther Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Nomas_Tomas
    I worked with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif in dojo a few times. With rising attacks if a downed opponent's left foot was forward before he/she was down (player facing right) I'm pretty sure you time /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif with the rising attack. If the right foot was forward it was /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. With linear attacks my timing personally could be better, then there's the "online" timing too -_-