1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Evolution Counter Attack Tables

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Oct 19, 2002.

By Myke on Oct 19, 2002 at 10:27 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Spotlite sent me his translated Counter Attack Tables from DoRiMaGa some time ago, and I've finally gotten around to giving the text document the VFDC treatment. Now available under the VF4 section, the Evolution Counter Attack Tables give the low down on every characters counterable attack as well as listing the characters preferred counter attacks.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Oct 19, 2002.

1. ice-9
      ice-9
      Thank you spotlite and Myke, thank you!!!!
    2. akiralove
      akiralove
      Since I translated that stuff, I've seen the 1/60th site, and gotten the "perfect guide" which also have similar information. In a couple weeks, I should be getting my Green Book, and that supposedly contains frame data. While I've already found some differences in the source's info, I want to wait for the frame data before I go back through and check it all.

Off the top of my head, it looks like Akira's Single Palm is throw counter-able, even away from the wall. Also, I've learned that normal (non-Akira) delay rising attacks are now elbow counterable!

If anyone has any problems with these counters, let me know and I'll double-check. Remember, speed is key.

Spotlite
    3. CreeD
      CreeD
      Is it throw counterable in practice, or just throw counterable the way lion's ff+P is, meaning akira's always too far away to throw?
    4. FaisonI
      FaisonI
      I know what the Perfect Guide is, but what is the Green Book? And if it is good can I get one?
    5. akiralove
      akiralove
      Well, DoRiMaGa says near the wall, 1/60th says it's -10, and the PG says it's Throw Counterable. As it doesn't push the oppt away like the DblPm, I'm sure you can just throw. I've been thrown plenty of times after having my SglPm guarded, but in ver. C you could just attack to avoid it, and the worse frame stat I saw for it was -7.

Since the canned SDE isn't counterable, I just think it's AM2's way of encouraging people to master the tricky timing.

Spotlite
    6. Blondie
      Blondie
      I know when I played IMF I couldn't throw after sgl-plm in EVO. Akira was too far to throw still, seriously how could they make akira's sgl-plm "throw counterable" now. I think it gained some guard frames though, for sure. Unless its Jeffrey or Wolf... he's not gettin thrown...IMO of course =)...
    7. GaijinPunch
      GaijinPunch
      It could've been because the opponent was trying to dodge, but I've got a few throws in after the double-palm. I don't know if it's guaranteed or not.

Also, CreeD, just to be a geek about it, Lion's [6][6][P] has always been throw counterable. I think it's [6][P][P] you're thinking of.
    8. CreeD
      CreeD
      The site says ff+P is -6.
      From practical experience, you're also shoved back a bit, and don't warp forward and throw lion then blocking f+P,P the way you would after blocking akira's double palm...
    9. Blondie
      Blondie
      Jesus! I've never seen a thread get soo many facts misconscrewed...

Lion's f,f+p isn't throw counterable in the least... IT"S -6!! Gaijin take your brain and get it checked...

Also Akira's sgl-plm ISN'T throw counterable!! I played EVO once and figured this out... The only way it could be throw counterable is if your against the wall...Even in Version C you can get throw after sgl-plm against a wall sometimes, it all depends on whether the punch pushes you back or not...Akira doesn't move backwards you do!! so if there is a wall there...You get throw now, especially in EVO now that sgl-plm has been toned down. later.

BTW, just to add another thing...Lions f+p,p isn't throw counterable either... you can only counter-attack with p,k or p,p...He's just too far away to get a throw off... later again.

Also Gaijin, Akira's Dbl-plm has always been throw counterable and will remain so in EVO...I'm sure that was a typo though.
    10. imf
      imf
      Remember that the frames probably differ depending upon the range of the sglplm. Or, if the frames are the same, it could just be that the close range version of the sglplm pushes back the furthest and perhaps cannot be thrown. I did see at least one throw whiff after an immediate proximity sglplm was guarded.
    11. CreeD
      CreeD
      In vf2 the counterability (or at least the initiative) the single palm caused was based on range. Not because you needed to be extra close to throw or whatever, but because the single palm damage varies with range. At close range, it would cause more damage, and when blocked generates more blockstun. At long range, it would generate light blockstun because if it had hit, it would have been very little damage. I believe the faster punchers could P,K it in that case.
    12. gamesmaster1_2be
      gamesmaster1_2be
      I heard you are at an advantage, even if the sglpm is blocked! Well, it's a pretty useful tool for getting breathing space.
      although I think you can sometimes be thrown when near a wall, because you can't get pushed back with a wall at your back.
    13. CreeD
      CreeD
      Huh, where'd ya hear that?
    14. SummAh
      SummAh
      from gamefaq maybe?
    15. gamesmaster1_2be
      gamesmaster1_2be
      whoops!
      I looked at the wrong column on RECHARREDSIGH'S
      faq. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif
      well, still, you are uncounterable if blocked anyway.