1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite North American/European Players

Discussion in 'General' started by Jacko, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    We always talk about top Japanese players and who's our particular favorite(s), but who is your favorite NON-Japanese player? Who do you like to watch play? Who makes you say: "Oh, that guy is playing? I have GOT to watch this"

Number 1 player for me to watch is: @Chief_Flash. Reason? Not because of the whole nWo thing, but for way more legitimate reasons. Flash plays Wolf, whom is this game is a real yomi based character. Flash already did his thing in Vanilla with the character when he had much stronger tools and the game had a more technical mechanic. Even in FS it's still fun to watch (and especially play) him because the character isn't really tech-savvy like most of the other cast and you know it's all yomi on his part. Plus, a high-level Wolf is fun as hell to watch cause he hits hard when used correctly. Also, last but certainly not least...Flash is hands down the only Wolf player I've seen make legit use of LPC into RO combos. Making comebacks from like 5pts of health just from a read.

#2 @Lucky_GT: What can I say? The only guy to have beaten Japanese players convincingly at 2 international tournaments. It's always a pleasure to watch this guy play because of his knowledge of the game and it's tech. He has a pretty wide variety of character usage too, knows a lot with those characters, and actually SHARES it. The only Jean player I'll actually watch (if he brings him to the table).

#3 @_Denkai_ : Denkai's Shun is probably the most entertaining and hype Shun ever. Not only does he use him to great effect, but he actually styles on players with Marvel-esque resets. Only when it's vs. Taka does it become more of an LOL-fest, but naturally vs other characters/players it's pretty deadly.

#4 @NeroVF: I really wish this guy would do at LEAST one offline event. From what I understand he's young, but the skill and even potential are too good to just stick to the online world. Nero/Pana is easily my favorite European player. The best? I can't say that at all, but he definitely has a unique, speedy style that I do feel like is superior to a lot of the other Euro players I've seen or even played.

2. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

1 @BLACKSTAR
    2 @BLACKSTAR
    3 @BLACKSTAR

JK Jacko

1 Renzo. Defense... need I say more?
    2 GT, any characters he plays he has a few tricks up his sleeves that are undiscovered by people in the western world

3. Iron Myke I always like watching the veteran at work.

3. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    1) @Rodnutz - He gave me a lot of training and wisdom that I needed during the times when I was grasping the very essence of what VF was. A lot of times a looked down on myself, I still do. But he constantly encourages me to strive to keep going and getting better.

2) @_Denkai_ - Although a man of not many words, his actions speak for himself. A very strong player, and well thought out moves with both his Shun and Jacky as well. Someone who also is a favorite in my book.

3) @Tricky - Although many may have a lot of disagreements with him, I find him to be an entertaining and fun player to play against. Even during the NYG experience when I faced him after the singles tourney that night, it was still fun and I learned much about Eileen.

4) @Jacko - A man of knowledge, encouragement, wisdom, and laughter. A jack of all trades as one might say. A strong competitor, and even better all around guy. Not only saw potential in me, but gave me a chance to challenge him as my first R.A.W match ever. A lot of sparring with him gave me so much knowledge and strengthened my heart as a competitor.

5) @ShinyBrentford - A fun, easy-going guy, yet a super-strong (and one in a very few) Goh player. He's a person that makes you remember to laugh at yourself sometimes, to let go of your own insecurities and think your way through your matches. Very tactical player with his own style and flare no one can replicate. Who doesn't know about the Grapeman by now? Lol

6) @BLACKSTAR - A calm minded, smooth character who name everyone knows or will soon know at some point of their VF journey. Although a busy guy, he always has time to help someone on their VF skills, or just give that push for you to get into the fray on R.A.W to strengthen your stage presence, skills, and mind. He's helped me a lot on this journey, he can get you to open your mind about your character to see things you couldn't before.

7) @Lucky_GT - The man who became "the bar" for most NA players to try and reach. A fun-spirited, and wonderful guy; yet his skills in the fighting arena are S-class. Sparring with him got me to break old habits, take up more of an open-minded approach to matches, as well as bring my adapting skills up to where my reflexes are. Someone who truly has inspired me to keep fighting, and spars with me constantly to keep me going into the fray.

8) @Chief_Flash - Hardcore player, but with tons of sportsmanship for competitors. After the RR session with Flash & Jacko, Flash gave me much needed advice and encouragement to help further my game. He's an in your face fighter, but helps you get back up on your feet with some fresh stuff to back it up with. He helped me a lot, not just through words, but also through combat.

There's more people who I consider my favorite players to fight against, but I think I should stop here with a Top 8 Lol

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  4. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Im an online player tho , i could say from my xp who are the strongest players i played online. I played a lot of players online but i can separate 2 as the strongest players that give me too much trouble and headache to play against. ( actually I'm showing too too too too much respect on them thats why it feels even more harder).

1) Nero/Pana: That guy is unique, i don't know how he do it so easily. lol He is fast, great reactions, great reads, everything he does works, i can't press button against him.

2) Kingo: Kingo is kingo.. Just this

Also players like Chibitox and Marlyjay are really amazing, players who punish your patterns and your bad habits pretty bad. Regardless of my connection and the lag i find online ,i can see and understand who are the best..

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    Jacko likes this.