1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Florida Super Battle!

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 30, 2003.

By Myke on Sep 30, 2003 at 7:20 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [​IMG]
    <font color="red">FSB Tournament Results</font>
    1) Cappo (FL, Pai)
    2) adamYUKI (NYC, Jeffry)
    3) Kazu (NYC, Lau)
    4) ghettoSHUN (NYC, Vanessa)
    5) Kyasao (JPN, Kage)
    5) Shou (STL, Sarah)
    5) IMF (FL, Kage)
    5) Madagascar (OH, Akira)

<font color="red">>></font> FSB Website
    <font color="red">>></font> FSB Discussion Thread

Sponsored by Logitech and Sega of America, the next biggest open tournament since EVO2003, the Florida Super Battle is almost here.

<font color="red">Date and Location</font>
    11 October 2003
    University of Central Florida
    4000 Central Florida Blvd.
    Orlando, FL 32816
    Student Union

Special Guest: Kyasao

Prizes include new copies of VF4 Evo for PS2, Logitech controllers, headsets and racing wheel.

Free entry, running from 10am-12am on Sat and will include teambattle special events and a Kumite exhibition featuring Kyasao before noon. The main tournament is scheduled to begin at 2:30pm. Visit the FSB website and thread for updates.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Raider
      Raider
      Is ShinZ still confirmed for FSB?
    2. Ryadus
      Ryadus
      It's pretty annoying that Florida has that kind of grand tournament. Is Kyasao going to win that battle, what you think Myke?
      Is there any chance that Finland would get some kind of VF tournament?
    3. BMF
      BMF
      Annoying? If you want a tournament in Finland how about you ORGANIZE it, that's what Florida did, they didn't just magically get one...
    4. stompoutloud
      stompoutloud
      [ QUOTE ]
      Ryadus said:

It's pretty annoying that Florida has that kind of grand tournament. Is Kyasao going to win that battle, what you think Myke?
      Is there any chance that Finland would get some kind of VF tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahhahaa...... annoying. Geez... just like bmf said. Organize something and people will come. Get the facts before you jump into conclusions of what actually happend.
    5. Bu_Jessoom
      Bu_Jessoom
      I think Ryadus might have meant that more like a friendly-envy than actually being annoyed or pissed-off. May be a literal translation mistake /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's stilla kinda contradictory having the cool emoticon /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif with a question like "Is Kyasao winning?"....

/Bu_Jasim realizes he got too deep into details of a simple forum post...... In other words, I am tired and still need to do some homework XO.
    6. Ryadus
      Ryadus
      How do I organize something like that? I don't have enough money to do something like that. Florida has sponsors you know. I don't have. Just don't try to fool me.
    7. Horsepool
      Horsepool
      [ QUOTE ]
      Ryadus said:

How do I organize something like that? I don't have enough money to do something like that. Florida has sponsors you know. I don't have. Just don't try to fool me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having never acually Run a tournament, but comming really close. I would inquire with a local place that has all the requirements for the tournament. wether it be space or large TVs needed, ask how much it would be.

They will ask how many people you expect, and usally price from there.

Next you will want advertising and prizes, Local radio stations work wonders with that. Will need around 20+ players promised for that to go down though.
      Then once that is sorted out, you set an admission to the tournament, and off you go in a few months, VF4 tournament!

Dont expect any thanks or money out of it, but it works /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

least thats my experiance, people may correct me if im wrong.

Edit: This was also for a DDR tournament, so results may very... But the idea would be same i think.
    8. stompoutloud
      stompoutloud
      about getting sponsors. We called up companies and asked. Simple as that.
    9. Ryadus
      Ryadus
      Where are you from? Are you from Finland? What that FI means?
    10. Horsepool
      Horsepool
      hes from florda. im asuming one of the event Co-ordinators.
    11. GLC
      GLC
      That's FL, not FI; and yeah, like horseshit said, Florida.
    12. Ryadus
      Ryadus
      Maybe it's little L? Then it was written right but thanks for answering my stupid question. I just wanted to know if there was more Finnish players. There don't exist many Finnish players.
    13. SoundWave
      SoundWave
      ok on the home page there's the list of rankings or whatever but i have yet to see any actual comments on the whole thing after the fact. like why did kyaoso not win(sorry if spelling is wrong) i thought he was really amazing and thats why everyone went,to play him.
    14. Bu_Jessoom
      Bu_Jessoom
      Sorry man, but this is a messed up question. Just because Kyasao came from Japan doesn't mean that he has to win by default. You may argue that a Japanese player has a higher chance of beating players here, but that's not always true. Kyasao losing the tourney doesn't undermine his strength at all... It just proves he was playing solid competition /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I am not dissing anyone by the way. The turnout of FSB shows that everyone played very good and everyone had fun /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Read impressions /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
    15. SoundWave
      SoundWave
      no no no i didn't mean it to sound like that, i'm just wondering why theres been no write up about the even or no info or no anything? and i was just surprised that kyasao didn't win cuz the people i know talk about him like he's incredible(which he probly is) and went only to play and get whooped by him, i thought.
    16. Myke
      Myke
      I'm almost afraid to ask, but have you read the FSB tournament thread in the tournaments board? Along with the live reports, and tournament results, a lot of people have shared their accounts of the event in that thread.
    17. SoundWave
      SoundWave
      hmm i never really check the tournament board but on the main page there wasn't a link to it, i dont think. and this seemed to be the news about the tournament so i figured it would have the info on it, my bad.
    18. Myke
      Myke
      [ QUOTE ]
      SoundWave said:

hmm i never really check the tournament board but on the main page there wasn't a link to it, i dont think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there was and still is (in the very first post of this thread). The link is called "FSB thread".

Cheers.