1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

For those who know your MBTI type, what are you?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyunster, May 28, 2012.

1. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    WTF! It takes me bringing up MBTI for you to come out of hiding, Adam? =) I haven't seen a post from you in years. How's it going buddy?

Yah, the tests themselves, and also with so many variants, make it hard to really discern what type you are (at least to the core), unless you truly understand the differences. This is why the book I mentioned, Please Understand Me, is such a fun and informative book on this topic. One of the reasons these tests can be hard to discern is because often the clarifications can be general and vague. Kind of like how a fortune teller will tell you something general and you'll be like, yah, that's me, totally! How'd you know?

What is interesting to me is that while some people will toggle between certain types (toggling between I & E is the most common for anyone because we all have our moments), others, like me, are every letter to the core.

I too have my toggling moments of I & E, but there is no deviance for me with Sensing, Thinking, & Perceiving. These three things for me are so strong that they can make up for a lacking of the i"N"tuitive part, which I don't have at all.

This is another reason why these tests are hard, because the words themselves are not a good description. Such as, someone sees the word "intuitive" and thinks, yah, I'm sometimes intuitive, but it doesn't exactly have anything to do with intuition a lot of the time.

Anyway, yes, I've always found this stuff fascinating! And good to hear from. You planning on playing FS online?

2. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    ISTJ is best equipped for winning evo next month... Fuck yeah! >:j

3. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    INTJ. Pretty cool, thanks.

4. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I cant remember what mine is but I've done a few of these things before and I don't think they're very relevant. I remember reading questions and thinking 'I would've answered this differently 6months to a year ago'.

I would've answered some of these questions differently last week!

But anyway, I'm an: INTP

After saying all that it was mostly spot on tbh. And apparently Jung was an INTP as well lol.

Dude I can't play games like those and I don't think attention span has anything to do with IQ. Apparently short fingers denote a short attention span (which I have), or it could be one of the myriad scientific explanations that centre around brain chemistry (more likely). Personally those games just straight up bore me, for the most part.

5. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

I don't put much stock into online tests such as these, but my INTJ results are spot on.

6. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

Hmm... I took the test here and apparently I am INTP. I'm not too far off from INTJ either, but I do lean toward INTP. The description they give of INTP does seem to fit me fairly well, including some of the less flattering aspects...

7. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

Hmm it's not quite attention span, it's more like... I was once told that for example prime ministers/presidents need to have a high IQ because they need to juggle several topics at once.
    Women can typically split their concentration, men can typically switch back and forth with relative ease, and I can't really do either of those.

I don't care much about IQ anyway. On one hand you have me, who is not cut out to get far in education for a few reasons, and on the other hand you have university graduates who can barely spell their own name right. (Especially if they speak French, ARGH!)

I don't feel any less intelligent, and I don't see IQ as a near-perfect synonym for general intelligence, unlike too many people.

8. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    So according to this, i just have to be a really loud and obnoxious asshole to beat fuudo if i play him?

9. Gordon_Daniels

Gordon_Daniels Active Member

I was curious so I took an online test. It came back with a result of INFJ. Seems pretty accurate from the descriptions that I read.

10. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Apparently, I'm an INTJ... I wonder how this all falls into playstyles with specific characters and such, or if this can help understand why we pick certain characters...

Hmmm...

11. Hyunster

Hyunster Well-Known Member

As someone who was into this stuff let me give some fairwarning:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

MBTI typing did start as one of Jung's late career theory he formed after literally studying thousands of people. But later researchers did add considerable amount of fluff. So I would take the written descriptions of the types with some grain of salt.

Those who are interested, I would recommend you to study more about what Jung meant by intuition/sensing, thinking/feeling and introversion/extroversion. Keirsey's book is a good source, although as an INFJ I did have some issue with the fluff he added based on his wife (who was apparently INFJ.)

Having said that, those who want to dig into this stuff more I would also recommend looking into Enneagram. It claims to have some mystical origin instead of Jungian origin. But I found it quite interesting and insightful, mainly because it approaches the subject from a different angle than Jung did.

Whereas Jung's typing is based on behavior, Enneagram typing is based on drive, with the idea that different drives beget different behavior.

To get back to VF/FG, you would think hand-eye coordination would naturally favor sensing types. But things like RTS and FG naturally demands some analytical mindset, which would demand the intuition side. And well, let's admit that videogaming is not the most social behavior available, which explains introversion I guess.

12. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Above quoted for the truth!

Any my hand-eye coordination definitely comes from my extreme ISTP type, but my good friend on the other hand who is an INTP, could be one of the best gamers ever if he didn't lose interest after awhile and cared about competition.

13. RadicalReactor

RadicalReactor Well-Known Member

I am an INFP. :cool:

14. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    I switch around a lot.
    INTJ, INTP, ENTP/J

The NT is always there but the e/i and the p/j tend to switch around.

15. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

It just so happens that last month I did a test for this and I had not even noticed. I received my results yesterday.
    It would seem that I'm...
    99 introvert, 93 sensing, 88 Feeling, 90 Perception.

88 Feeling is kind of misleading... I'm emotional but very logical, so I really am strong both ways. I use different dosages for different situations.

ISFP means I'm a conciliator. Or as I prefer, T3H C0NC1L1470R, because I bring bad-ass peace & harmony to all the noobs over the world.
    I bring a whole new meaning to H3LPFUL N1C3 GUY and the world fears me.

It also says that I'm not competitive at all, which is very true.
    I rage a lot while playing fighting games, but it's never directed at the other player. It's always about the mechanics. I don't get angry at a loss, I get angry when I did not buffer an attack properly, or when something that should have worked, did not, like throw escapes.
    When playing team-based games, however, I do rage a lot at my team mates' idiocy, but it's a general intolerance against poor logic, so it doesn't have anything to do with the games themselves...

16. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

I fluctuate between ENTP and ENTJ which is pretty rare.

17. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

You're special.

18. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Hey you think you're special?? Quoted from the Dr.Keirsey explanation of INTP (which he calls architects) 'Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population' [​IMG]

Although saying that...my scores were I=33 N=25 T=12 P=11 Does that mean I could switch to ESFJ(?) pretty easily?

19. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

We already knew this [​IMG]

20. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Do these tests incite snowflake syndrome?