1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Front Page Topic Submissions

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Nov 22, 2012.

By akai on Nov 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    VFDC is a community website for a diverse group of people that share one common interest - they enjoy playing Virtua Fighter. For many, it is a venue where people get the latest news and find interesting contents pertaining to the series. While the moderators tried to keep the front page updated with the latest news and interesting content, we cannot keep up on everything. This site is what it is through the combined effort of all the members and not just a few people. So we need people to be proactive: help us to help you. When you have something to contribute, or think something should be posted on the front page, please follow these steps:

1. Start a Group Conversation to all the moderators about the potential news topic, interesting thread, etc. Paste all the moderator names into the Participants Section Box: Myke, Godeater, Plague, Shag, Akai, Reno, Marlyjay

2. Give a detailed title to the conversation and write a description as to what the news tip, thread, media etc is showing.

3. Extra bonus to help the moderators: give us an explanation as to why you think it should be posted on the front page.

Note that this does not necessarily guarantee your information will be posted on the front page, but at least you will get a response from us. Do not expect an instantaneous or same day response. If you don't get a reply or update after a week, follow up with a message in that group conversation. Is this the best possible way to handle news submission? No, but I think it is the best way to handle news submission with the VFDC website that we currently have.

gotatip.jpg

Ylyon, Genesis, GodEater and 4 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Nov 22, 2012.

1. social_ruin
      social_ruin
      You guys do fine with the front page. It was one silly rage post, kinda out of left field. Don't sweat it. Keep up the good work.
    2. biquiba
      biquiba
      Good job moderators. I'm trying to do a simple podcast, the original idea was a live stream by the way, and I'm having problems. I'm also not paid for it, I do it for the community and for me. I only do what I can, when I can. I only can imagine how hard is to "manage" VFDC.

Keep up the good work!
    3. SkullNBones
      SkullNBones
      I want to see the old VFDC , front page combos section back. and videos of the most recent tournaments.
    4. Pai~Chun
      Pai~Chun
      I would like to see coverage and interviews with Japanese players. In fact, some of the US old hands as well, to come forward and tell their stories, that would be interesting.

I'd also like to know what AM2's own links with the players are, if any, over the years.
    5. Tricky
      Tricky
      Just as a note I noticed we can only have 5 people in a group conversation but we have 7 moderators. Which 5 should we be sending our requests to?
    6. Tricky
      Tricky
      Make a submission to the front page then!
    7. akai
      akai
      Hmm, I guess a large number of people invited to group conversation is only allowed by moderators. My bad. Any 5 moderators would be good (better than just one moderator).