1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

GENERAL AOI QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Aoi' started by Mackfactor, May 6, 2010.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Sorry if this has been answered before.

Moves that dont throw clash?
    What are her Natural HIT COMBO'S?
    one last question.

Aoi has many strings that i can CANCEL into a zero frame throw.
    Say if my string gets blocked and I immediately go do a throw. Can they duck in time? EXAMPLE i see some moves on block is -6 and on NH its -5. If they block or get hit does that change the result of what I can do?
    Stuff like, If i G-cancel and do a low punch or do 4 3 P... Can i beat their low punch retaliation if the string gets blocked or get hets hit?does my low punch or 4 3 P beat their 2p?

I duno if this works but, after a G cancel.. from i forget which string... I saw my string get blocked.. and i did a FUZZY GUARD? MAYBE IT WAS LAG.. but i was able to duck the throw even on blocked string... Neways can someone explain the math behind string cancelling.

2. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Moves that don't throw clash:
    [4] [3] [P]
    [4] [K] [+] [G] , [4] [P] and [4] [4] [P]
    Not very interesting...

Natural combos:
    [P] [P] [P]
    [6] [4] [P] [+] [K] [P]
    [6] [P] [P] and [6] [P] [+] [K] [P] ( not delayed )
    [P] [K] and [K] [P]
    [3] or [9] [P] [+] [K] [P]
    [K] [K] and [6] [K] [K]
    [P] [P] [K] ( only on side hit )

And for the last question: let's say that if you decide to cancel at disadvantage, you will put yourself on trouble if you try to attack or throw. But it's a guessing game, because if you opponent reacts only after he realized you cancelled, he is the one who will eat CH. So he has to react before "seeing" the cancel, and if you didn't cancel when he chose to attack, he will get CH by the move you didn't cancel.
    At least that's what I think.

3. yuki414

yuki414 Member

Well I think kingo has it right. But about canceling, if your opponent knows that your canceling then you're screwed. Cancels are really good after counter hits because that has the biggest chance for going for a throw because they're probably scared. If they are guarded then don't bother going for a throw. Either guard or to a low punch or something.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    In theory youre open to throws when canceling strings but practise is different... Noobs like me will propably be too late with the throw attempt.

5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    You start cancelling, better watch out for those 2p's. People may start spamming it