1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh Quickstart Guide

Discussion in 'News' started by CreeD, Mar 27, 2003.

By CreeD on Mar 27, 2003 at 11:36 PM
  1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Here it is.

I wrote it. It's formatted to 80 columns. It has hot spicy goh information.

I hope you all like it.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by CreeD, Mar 27, 2003.

1. replicant
      replicant
      I'll read it tomorrow. Time for sleep. I'll go ahead and congratulate you on a job well done since I have faith in you. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    2. Chill
      Chill
      Nice, very nice. Obviously alot of work gone into this. Good job on the guide /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif.
    3. jherb9000
      jherb9000
      This is just what the dr. ordered. You got alot of info on...how did you get all of this stuff. did you just hit up practice mode?
    4. CreeD
      CreeD
      I played goh 20 or matches my first time at evo, another 30 in western VA, and then a hundred+ matches against local comp. The rest was figured out from training mode - I'd known similar tricks for wrestlers in VF4 and previous games and I tested to see if similar concepts would work with goh (for example b+P force crouch --> low throw the low punch).
    5. DRE
      DRE
      Excellent stuff. I especially liked the "double kuzure down tsukami combo of doom." /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    6. Raider
      Raider
      Yup it's looking great.

Thanks CreeD
    7. BMF
      BMF
      Good job.

Two minor corrections...d/f+K+G is -16f on block and -4f on normal hit, and his dodge attack is +4f on MC and +6f on mC.
    8. JimmyBiscuits
      JimmyBiscuits
      thanks a lot for this. its always fun to try someone new, and without this, he's pretty hard to try. what would we do without creed!

i just wish there were more people to play with in richmond.
    9. CreeD
      CreeD
      oops, thank you for the corrections. I'll update the guide asap.

I saw the slight differences listed for minor counter and major counter after the barrier kick and though "that has to be an error, or I'm reading it wrong". But testing confirms it - the barrier kick gives more advantage for a minor counter than an interrupt. One of those it-works-that-way-because-sega-likes-us things I guess.
    10. Wakira
      Wakira
      Awesome guide! The only error I spotted was the unmentioned B+DF+PK Low Punch Sabaki.
    11. CreeD
      CreeD
      Thanks for making note of that, I meant to add that to the useless moves section /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously though, anyone else been able to use this to good effect? To me the tight timing on it makes it a hideous pain. I predicted low punches accurately and blew the inashi/sabaki a lot anyway, and I figured out that there were a lot of other options to give guaranteed punishment when you know it's coming.
    12. DRE
      DRE
      I haven't used the low punch inashi that much because if I know a low punch is coming, it's easier for me just to backdash and hit [K] instead. I havent experimented with it enough to figure out what's guaranteed after it stuns (except the tsukami hold). Maybe [4][6][P] will work? I guess until we get the frame data, it's hard to know for sure.
    13. CreeD
      CreeD
      1/60 says +20 - +33. In theory it's a free b,f+Pif they're standing, and it may be a free b,f+P+K or b+P+K combo. Except what's this 20-33 crap? It's based on the timing of the sabaki, and you already have a tiny window to pull it off. There's no way to intentionally try to time it super late or super early or whatever is desirable. And you probably can't tell at a glance how heavy the stumble is so you don't want to waste your b,f+P in favor of going for b,f+P+K. Hits during the stagger are a normal hit. Apparently a low throw is possible too.
    14. DRE
      DRE
      Interesting. It's a shame the timing isn't as forgiving as Vanessa's. Basically, any time during her [4][3][P]+[K] animation, it stuffs the low punch. IMO, she's got the best one. Leads to HUGE [3][P]+[K] combos too. If Goh's gives him at least +20, then I guess [4][6][P] or m-shrm are the best options.
    15. Llanfair
      Llanfair
      Usually, for other things on 1/60 that list a range of advantage numbers, they mean 'with struggling'-'without struggling'. So, my guess is that Goh is +20 when the sabaki works and the opponent actively struggles, and +33 is they do nothing. Perhaps that's it?

cheers,
    16. Myke
      Myke
      Guide updated.
    17. kbcat
      kbcat
      Great guide Creed. Not to nitpik, but I thought I should mention that you omit Goh's b+P+G throw from your throw analysis section.

cheers,
      kbcat
    18. CreeD
      CreeD
      Gracias KBcat, added it. Changes will be reflected on the VFDC version eventually.
    19. Myke
      Myke
      CreeD's latest update has been uploaded.