1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky's Okizeme

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Chibiaya, May 26, 2009.

1. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Ive been watching alot of my matches via replay recently and I realized that the no.1 Reason why i tend to lose initative when playing people is because when i knock them down, I freeze up and do nothing most of the time. This usually happens when I am trying to OM around their wake up kicks and get hit almost all the time. Then my opponent will get up and either hit me, or throw me when they get up. I guess you could say im really bad at mixing it up on wake up. I usually have the most success with Side Slide Shuffle on my opponents wake up but even then, I get stuffed most of the time. So i suppose my question is, What do you guys do for jackys wake up game because I am having a really hard time coming up with different things to do.

2. gl0ry

gl0ry Well-Known Member

slide shuffle is good for people who like to wake up with attacks all the time, side slide as you mentioned is ok too.

If you're confident about your timing you can counter hit someones wake up with a back flip, and one of my favorite things I did back when I was decent was to dash in and out of the range where I would get hit by the wake up. If they were to whiff an attack it's free beat knuckle for you. At that range /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif was pretty good too

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is good too for oki.

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Chibiaya, using to OM to go round a rising attack isn't a great idea. It's not reliable at all, imo.

Jacky's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is a great move for crushing rising attacks if you want to try that, it's easier to get the timing down than a lot of other moves... Still it's not gonna work all the time, you probably want to just hang back and pay attention to see if your opponent is making any mistakes that you can capitalise on.

What Glory suggested about making the rising attack whiff then beat knuckle is good too, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif also works well in this situation.