1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky's Side Turned Game

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by pana, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    That's not the point. 4PK, only with correct foot positioning, can actually turn the op and make his back turned to you if he blocks it side turned. So, adding up +6 frames for turning around, we kinda get +12 on block with BT which makes PP unblockable, but crouchablle. I tried to record this scenario in training, and it worked. I don't remember the correct positioning, but it works if you simply OM to the left from the starting position.

up: turns out it's also character specific, and works more consistent on lightweight characters.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  2. Jacky22

Jacky22 Active Member

I'm currently trying to improve my sideturngame, I found some interesting stuff not mentioned in this thread, so I hope its new:

- [6][P][P][2][K] the combo counter doesnt register the last [2][K], but the Kick is unblockable and leaves you at 0 and your opponent is still sideturned, if your opponent tries to evade in the opposite direction of the half circular kick or pushes a button, then you are +6 and opponent is still sideturned.
    The Kick is unblockable, however, interrupting with low crush moves like Kages [9][K][+][G] works

-[6][P][P][K], the Kick is unblockable when [6][P][P] hits, guarding is impossible, but low punching/ducking works.
    When [6][P][P][K] connects, the entrance into SS is safe:
    SS[P][+][K] beats [2][P] and [P],
    SS[P] beats [P] but looses vs [2][P],
    SS[K] beats [2][P] and 12F[P], but looses to 11F[P], however SS[K] gives you a side crumple,
    SS[K][+][G] beats Evade, standing [P], but looses vs [2][P].
    This is an extremely nasty setup, if he pushes buttons>> side crumple/+19F , if he evades>>> Full Circular, if he ducks/lowpunching>>> hit confirmable launcher, if he does nothing>> SS[P]+4, SS[K] +2, SS[K][+][G] +6 on block (and opponent backturned, depends on foot position), and SS[P][+][K] -5 on block.
    The best thing is, you can mix [6][P][P][P]/[6][P][P][2][K] and [6][P][P][K], [6][P][P][P] is only -13 on sideturned block, and +1 on hit/stagger vs. crouching, risk/reward is in Jackys favor.

-[2][P][+][K] on hit grants you safe transition into SS, your options are the same as above, the only difference is SS[K] kills 11F[P] too.

-[P][P][6][P][P][2][K] (fastest input) is a natural Combo on sideturned Taka, leaving you at 0, so its better than [P][P][6][P][K], which is -1

nou likes this.